ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New "Rocks Off" Tree - US Tour '81 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
October 26th, 2004 10:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Voodoo Chile in Wonderland aka Voodoo Lounge Chile received today the 8 CDs, e-mail sent to my leaves, will burn this weekend and send as soon as I get paid (strictly B&P) or as soon as I get blanks or trading stuff

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 27th, 2004 09:09 AM
mac_daddy mac_daddy - discs rec'd from Gazza 10/15
--> Mark P rec'd 10/25
--> T & A rec'd 10/26
--> Voodooloungechile rec'd 10/26
--> Lil'Brian rec'd 10/25

+++ all my assigned branches have rec'd their discs +++

thanks again to everybody who contributed to this wonderful project. the music is great!!!
October 27th, 2004 12:19 PM
exilestones@netscape Never got the CDs or a response to my e-mail to Mac Daddy. If anyone would burn me a copy it would be appreciated. My leafs - good luck - you on your own. Sorry it didn't work out.
October 27th, 2004 03:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
exilestones@netscape wrote:
Never got the CDs or a response to my e-mail to Mac Daddy. If anyone would burn me a copy it would be appreciated. My leafs - good luck - you on your own. Sorry it didn't work out.

Firstly - Mac_daddy WASNT your seed. 2120 SMA is your seed - he is seed #2, and you are branch #2.4. You're supposed to mail HIM to arrange a trade. Check the tree structure I sent to everyone.

Secondly - as I've explained countless times, if you have problems getting in touch with ANYONE, youre supposed to mail me and I'll try and sort it out. Thats your responsibility. Had you done so, this would have been sorted out ages ago. You dont just ditch 3 people like that.

Please contact your seed ASAP and you should get this problem sorted out without any further delay.
October 27th, 2004 06:16 PM
Michael Thanks Gazza
October 27th, 2004 08:15 PM
mickjaggersgrl
October 27th, 2004 08:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
mickjaggersgrl wrote:

Do me a favour. this thread is for updates on the 81 tour tree only. Stop hijacking it with smilies. Thanks!
October 29th, 2004 10:15 AM
glencar Gazza, I was one of those on exile's branch. Can I assume that everything will work out now?
October 29th, 2004 10:29 AM
Gazza well, as well as posting this message here, I've also e-mailed him to advise him that he didnt contact the right person to get his discs and that he should do asap.

I assume he'll do that and keep the three of you informed. If theres any more problems, feel free to contact me.

October 29th, 2004 11:41 AM
Martha I'm waiting on the JFK show to arrive, but have the other 3 in hand. I'll be burning over the weekend and mailing out to all my branches early next week.

peaceful world,
Martha
October 29th, 2004 01:04 PM
jackdanielsisastone Just received all discs from Pauli. Great cd's
Pauli, Marko and Gazza. Tnxxxxs for the good work. This tree worked perfectly.

JackDaniels (Arjan)
[Edited by jackdanielsisastone]
October 30th, 2004 11:14 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Firstly - Mac_daddy WASNT your seed. 2120 SMA is your seed - he is seed #2, and you are branch #2.4. You're supposed to mail HIM to arrange a trade. Check the tree structure I sent to everyone.

Secondly - as I've explained countless times, if you have problems getting in touch with ANYONE, youre supposed to mail me and I'll try and sort it out. Thats your responsibility. Had you done so, this would have been sorted out ages ago. You dont just ditch 3 people like that.

Please contact your seed ASAP and you should get this problem sorted out without any further delay.

I think I was ditched!
October 30th, 2004 03:40 PM
2120SMA exilestones@netscape stated, I think I was ditched!

Not so! You never contacted me even after Gazza set you straight on the fact that I was your branch not Mac daddy. I'm burning the shows for one of your seeds (Brian) who in turn will fill the void you left by passing it on to the others.

October 30th, 2004 03:53 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
2120SMA wrote: I'm burning the shows for one of your seeds (Brian) who in turn will fill the void you left by passing it on to the others.

so i assume that the philly discs arrived safely..?
October 30th, 2004 06:18 PM
Gazza
quote:

I think I was ditched!

How do you come to that conclusion?

From what I can see, pal - the only person on here who did any 'ditching' was yourself. A few minutes after I posted a reply to your query on here the other day, I e-mailed you in case you hadnt read it, and asked you to contact the CORRECT seed.

You didnt reply to me and didnt contact him either, and have continued to 'ditch' 3 leaves. Fortunately, one of your leaves has now had to take over as a branch as you didnt fulfil your commitment to them and quit in some kind of huff all because you didnt read a tree structure properly and didnt have the basic decency to fix the problem by e-mailing the right guy without delay as requested.

Spare me the 'victim' crap.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 1st, 2004 09:33 PM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
2120SMA wrote:
exilestones@netscape stated, I think I was ditched!

Not so! You never contacted me even after Gazza set you straight on the fact that I was your branch not Mac daddy. I'm burning the shows for one of your seeds (Brian) who in turn will fill the void you left by passing it on to the others.

Actually I did e-mail you. And even if I hadn't why didn't you e-mail me? The void isn't filled since there's three people not getting the CDS. Why didn't you write to Gazza if there was a communication problem?

I tried to follow the system. I didn't realize there were two seeds for one tree. I apologize.
November 1st, 2004 09:39 PM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
Gazza wrote:

How do you come to that conclusion?

From what I can see, pal - the only person on here who did any 'ditching' was yourself. A few minutes after I posted a reply to your query on here the other day, I e-mailed you in case you hadnt read it, and asked you to contact the CORRECT seed.

You didnt reply to me and didnt contact him either, and have continued to 'ditch' 3 leaves. Fortunately, one of your leaves has now had to take over as a branch as you didnt fulfil your commitment to them and quit in some kind of huff all because you didnt read a tree structure properly and didnt have the basic decency to fix the problem by e-mailing the right guy without delay as requested.

Spare me the 'victim' crap.
[Edited by Gazza]

No need to get nasty. Nobody quit. I looked at the tree. Mac Dady was the seed and looked for my name. I wrote to MAc Daddy. He never wrote back. Hence the confusion.

Maybe I didn't check my e-mail every five minutes and live on the net. I have five kids, a wife and a job. Along with five kids comes a lot of stuff. Do you have any kids. Any idea what it is to have a full life?

I guess it wasn't Mac Daddy's responsibility to write back telling me I made a mistake but it would have been nice.

Your patience would be nice too!
November 1st, 2004 09:52 PM
exilestones@netscape PS. Just for the record-I did write to 2120S-whatever a couple of days ago and didn't get a response yet.
November 2nd, 2004 12:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
No need to get nasty. Nobody quit. I looked at the tree. Mac Dady was the seed and looked for my name. I wrote to MAc Daddy. He never wrote back. Hence the confusion.

Maybe I didn't check my e-mail every five minutes and live on the net. I have five kids, a wife and a job. Along with five kids comes a lot of stuff. Do you have any kids. Any idea what it is to have a full life?

I guess it wasn't Mac Daddy's responsibility to write back telling me I made a mistake but it would have been nice.

Your patience would be nice too!

Again, Mac_Daddy is NOT your seed, it is 2120SMA. it is clear in the tree structure! Come on! Gazza was nice with you; Now you say you don't have time? We assume you have enough time to read and make the required efforts to make this tree structure just as simple as this: you signed by your own initiative
November 2nd, 2004 04:35 AM
Jacques Hi Gazza, Voodoo and others,
Thanks for this very nice tree which works well in Europe as anywhere as I can see LOL. Great work you've done.

and thanks for your great patience Gazza and Voodoo...You're still GREAT !!!
[Edited by Jacques]
November 2nd, 2004 05:53 AM
Gazza
quote:

Actually I did e-mail you. And even if I hadn't why didn't you e-mail me? The void isn't filled since there's three people not getting the CDS. Why didn't you write to Gazza if there was a communication problem?

I tried to follow the system. I didn't realize there were two seeds for one tree. I apologize.

Exile. As explained initially, the onus is on you to contact the person above you on the tree. Its not 2120 SMA's job to do that. You took on responsibility for making copies for other people. Its not unreasonable to expect you to read the instructions properly AND to contact me (as requested) if you had any problems.

You mention in your reply to me about having a 'full life' to lead. Most of us, myself included, do as well. Thats fair enough, however thats the whole point of a tree structure. Some people have more time than others do to make copies of discs, respond to e-mails etc. Theres more to acting as a branch than having a CD burner. Some people simply register as a leaf instead of a branch because they dont have the time to be a branch. If you arent able to be online, have enough time to burn cds or e-mail as much as others, etc - then register as a leaf. You were posting on another thread on this board within hours of me posting here and e-mailing you asking you to contact the right seed, so regarding not having time to sort it out, I'll respectfully draw my own conclusions.

Ok, its a reasonable mistake to make in that you didnt read the tree structure properly - but you did come on here saying you were 'ditched' (ie blaming other people) even AFTER I'd posted here AND e-mailed you pointing out in both cases that youd read the tree structure wrongly and that it was up to YOU to contact the right person. Everyone can make a mistake but the fact is you jumped ship and left people in the lurch without contacting me AND then blamed other people for 'ditching' you after it was obvious that no one had.

We've rearranged that part of the tree as luckily one of the leaves was able to step up and act as a branch. Maybe now we've this blip sorted out you can contact the other leaves on your part of the tree and arrange a trade/B&P so that you can get your discs as a leaf.

[Edited by Gazza]
November 2nd, 2004 05:58 AM
Gazza >Actually I did e-mail you. And even if I hadn't why didn't you e-mail me? The void isn't filled since there's three people not getting the CDS. Why didn't you write to Gazza if there was a communication problem?

a couple of people on that part of the tree e-mailed me after you'd announced on here that you'd quit and had wished them 'good luck' in getting their discs. Between myself, the seed (2120 SMA) and the 3 leaves we worked it out by e-mail who would now act as 'branch' instead of yourself.
November 2nd, 2004 06:32 AM
Jacques Gazza
I think problem is going to be solved. Let me know if I can help.
November 2nd, 2004 07:10 AM
Gazza Thanks Jacques. Hopefully everything will work out ok and exile should get his discs ok
[Edited by Gazza]
November 2nd, 2004 12:08 PM
2120SMA
I've sent the shows off to Brian who volunteered to burn for the others exilestones left hanging.

Exilestones never contacted me!

Maybe someone will burn him these shows, but because of his lying and blaming of others for his incompetence, it won't be me.

November 2nd, 2004 02:06 PM
jb
November 4th, 2004 09:28 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hi Gazza, Voodoo and others,
Thanks for this very nice tree which works well in Europe as anywhere as I can see LOL. Great work you've done.

I'd echo Jacques and say the Tattoo Boards are a gift to Stones fans everywhere! :-) It's especially great to hear STU more up in the mix and Wyman really stars, for me, in '81. Philadelpia must have been a great week. Warts and all they Rock! In tune or not. I love the strewups as much as when they're rolling. Really raw and classic Stones!!! One of my favorite trees to date.

ROCKS OFF
November 9th, 2004 11:24 AM
Phog Discs received. Thanks to everyone.
November 9th, 2004 11:28 AM
marko ENJOY!
November 9th, 2004 06:00 PM
Martha Martha's update: I'm having the Philly show sent to me a SECOND time (We have a new mail delivery person qho may have lost it???) so I am still waiting on that before I send the 4 shows out to my 3 leaves. Sorry about this everyone. I thank you for your patience.

peace,
Martha
Page: 1 2 3 4