ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New "Rocks Off" Tree - US Tour '81 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 24th, 2004 04:42 PM
Gazza Thanks to our good friend Bob (MRD8) we're happy to provide four 1981 concerts that have recently circulated for the first time as soundboards in excellent stereo.

These shows are :

JFK Stadium, Philadelphia 25.9.81 (opening show of the tour)
Candlestick Park, San Francisco 18.10.81
Civic Center, Hartford 9.11.81
Rosemount Horizon, Chicago 24.11.81

More details are provided in MRD8's original post here:

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/202982-1.html#2893700

Each show consists of 2 CD's and all are almost complete shows (the full unedited versions are not, as yet, in circulation)

The full set is 8 Cd's of music plus one CD of artwork. However, we're going to tree this as 8 CD's (for the music only) to save everyone from needing extra CD's. Instead of having to trade an extra CD for the artwork, I will upload the artwork here or e-mail it to everyone who signs up when it's available.

HOW TO REGISTER

If you wish to get these CD's, you e-mail me on the following e-mail address : [email protected] with the following information:

1) YOUR ROCKS OFF USER NAME :
2) YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS :
3) YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE :
(important : if you live in the USA, please also add your STATE)
4) IF YOU WISH TO REGISTER AS A BRANCH OR A LEAF
(if you wish to be a branch, please advise how many leaves you can branch for - remember that each leaf you take on will be getting 8 discs from you)

THE CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS TREE WILL BE MIDNIGHT UK TIME (19.00 HRS ET) ON SUNDAY 3rd OCTOBER

Some of you may be unfamiliar with the way a 'tree' works -For those of you new to this process, a brief explanation of how it operates.

When you register, you advise whether you want to be a leaf or a branch. If you are a leaf, this means that you are not making copies for other people below you in the tree structure - if you are a branch, you are making copies for leaves. (Some people signing up as branches will be listed as "seeds", which means they are getting the discs directly from me and then copying for other branches). Obviously, if you are registered as a branch, you will be getting your copy of these shows earlier than you would if you are a leaf.

When you register with the required information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from me within 24/48 hours. (If you have not heard within 48 hours, contact me again)

After the sign-up deadline, I organise the tree structure on a regional basis as much as is possible and e-mail it to everyone who has registered - so if you have registered as a leaf for example and live in New York, you will ideally end up getting your discs from a branch somewhere around that region. You can get the discs from the person above you in the tree structure by EITHER a) a straight trade from 8 discs in your own collection for the 8 discs in this offer OR b) a "B&P" arrangement (blanks and postage). This means that you can send the branch 8 blank CDRs PLUS sufficient first class return postage costs (eg a self addressed envelope with sufficnet stamps). Ideally, you'll be trading with someone in your own country/region who uses the same currency. If it suits you both better, you might agree to send an appropriate number of extra blank CDR's to cover the postage costs

I will then e-mail the tree "structure" to everyone who has registered and you contact the person ABOVE you in the tree structure to arrange how to get your discs. I.e., if you are a leaf, you contact your allocated branch : if you are a branch, you contact your seed, if you are a seed you contact me.

Please note that not everyone who registers as a branch will end up being listed as a branch. It depends in the proportion of branches/leaves in your region of the tree structure.

It's important that the turnaround of discs is done quickly. Obviously with an 8-CD set, its bigger than our usual "trees" so this might take longer than usual, but try not to keep your contact waiting and endeavour to have the discs sent out within a week of finalising your trade or having received the discs that you have been allocated to copy.

When copying discs for someone, please only copy "Disc at once". Never send discs which are not recorded this way, and which have gaps between each track. If you do, this is considered a faulty disc and the recipient has the right to insist on a properly copied disc as a replacement.
Please try to send your discs out as fast as possible. Ideally within 72 hours of arranging your trade or receiving the blanks you have been sent. Send your CD�s first class/airmail (if sending overseas). The success or failure of this venture depends on everyone acting promptly as the people you�re sending the discs too may in turn have to supply someone else.

Please keep the people immediately below you in your part of the tree informed at all times of the progress of the trade (ie, if you have received your copies of the shows yet, if there will be any delays, when the discs have been mailed out etc). Likewise,the person lower down the tree structure should keep their branch/seed updated as necessary. Please also acknowledge ALL e-mails � sounds petty I know, but every time we organise a trade there�s always a problem or misunderstanding with someone not answering e-mails and keeping people in the dark.

Please remember that these discs are NOT FOR RE-SALE. We�re strict about this. If anyone is re-selling these shows, they�re banned from any future trees. We�re not bootleggers. The whole point of this is to distribute music in a way that the only costs incurred are the price of a few blanks and your postage. We know for a fact that the Stones� management people are watching the websites for fans selling unauthorised material such as bootlegs. By circulating these shows this way, we avoid any possible legal problems.

Any problems (hopefully there won�t be!), you can contact me on the e-mail address stated above.

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates on the progress of this tree, but do NOT use this thread to register. Thanks

[Edited by Gazza]
September 24th, 2004 04:54 PM
Factory Girl email sent. Thanks to Gazza and MRD8!
September 24th, 2004 05:04 PM
F505 thx a lot. Email is on the way.
September 24th, 2004 06:47 PM
Phog Sounds fucking great. Thanks!!
September 24th, 2004 07:44 PM
Lil Brian Thanks Bob (MRD8)!
September 24th, 2004 07:57 PM
glencar Rocks!
September 25th, 2004 07:34 AM
piratekeef Great offering!!
mail is sent....
September 25th, 2004 11:16 AM
Martha The depression is now officially lifting!

I'm IN!

Thanks MRD8 and Gazza!

You ROCK!
September 25th, 2004 01:09 PM
jackdanielsisastone I am in !!!. E-mail is sent to you

JackDaniels (arjan)
September 25th, 2004 05:36 PM
EQUI I�m INNNNN!!!!

I�m in Argentina, so I can make leafs in the area...

byeee
September 25th, 2004 08:41 PM
jpenn11 Thanks so much!!
September 25th, 2004 10:00 PM
Scottfree May someone grant me a leaf stateside?
September 26th, 2004 04:38 AM
marko Well Gazza,i could do the art work as well?I have an idea,
well i use the same way to my own cd�s.Plain&simple.
September 26th, 2004 10:52 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
F505 wrote:
thx a lot. Email is on the way.

Thanks guys
September 26th, 2004 03:34 PM
Gazza >Well Gazza,i could do the art work as well?I have an idea,
well i use the same way to my own cd�s.Plain&simple.

Thanks Marko..If you want to, thats cool, although there appears to be artwork already available
September 27th, 2004 12:09 AM
parmeda I have an announcement!

"Thanks to Bob & Gazza, the twitching has subsided!"
(Thanks guys!)

...my e-mail has been sent
September 27th, 2004 01:47 AM
marko also,i could mix them to be complete.I can be scandinavian
branch.
September 27th, 2004 03:01 AM
peterdv i'm in too ....very much looking forward to them ..

sent a mail to you Gazza

thanks
and
thanks Bob

cheers
Peter
September 29th, 2004 07:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
May someone grant me a leaf stateside?

No. You dont register like that.

Read my original post. You e-mail me the required info to register and then after the sign up period is closed you will be allocated someone as a branch.
September 30th, 2004 12:23 AM
pearls at swine Count me in and Thank ye kindly!
September 30th, 2004 10:41 AM
Fabio Hi Gazza,

I�ve sent a email. Thanks a lot!

September 30th, 2004 07:11 PM
Gazza Just as an update - I've now received the discs for these shows from Bob (MRd8) and will be givin' them a quick run through over the next day or two to confirm they're fine - from what I've heard - so far,so good..

although I wont have the tree structure ready for a couple of days after the end of the sign up period, I've a good idea who the seeds will be and intend to have the discs on their way to all of them by Monday at the latest, so hopefully that'll keep things moving along quite quickly
October 1st, 2004 01:59 AM
marko Do you mind,if i seed remastered ones?Because,it takes only
"8" hours to do that.I�m finished,by the time i receive any
blanks.
October 1st, 2004 05:05 AM
piratekeef Is there any artwork already available (any CD titles yet)?
It's great this tree is going to happen. Can't wait to hear the shows. Thanks to all out there who made it happen!
October 1st, 2004 05:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
marko wrote:
Do you mind,if i seed remastered ones?Because,it takes only
"8" hours to do that.I�m finished,by the time i receive any
blanks.

If its the original tracklisting as indicated on the CD artwork - go ahead, if you think it improves the sound quality.

If youre adding on 'missing' tracks it only complicates things. I'd rather you checked with those below you in your part of the tree before doing so. As some leaves or branches may prefer the original circulating copy that would mean you - and branches - making extra copies. That isnt practical. I think it's easier if you dont tamper with the track listings for anyone who is then going to be making copies for other people. Alternatively, you could be a branch instead of a seed and when you get YOUR copy, you could give your leaves the option of the original track listing or else your own version with the missing tracks as THEY wont be making copies for anyone.
October 1st, 2004 05:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
piratekeef wrote:
Is there any artwork already available (any CD titles yet)?
It's great this tree is going to happen. Can't wait to hear the shows. Thanks to all out there who made it happen!

I do have artwork, but when I'm e-mailing everyone the tree structure I'll attach it.
October 1st, 2004 04:28 PM
voodoopug thanks! The rosemont show was my first stones show ever, so this will be a treat for me!

Cheers,

John
October 2nd, 2004 09:57 AM
rocker Gazza,
>I tried to email you but it wouldnt go through. Id like to branch for two people on this offer. My email is: [email protected]

My name is Scott Jeffreys, address is: (deleted) my screen name is: rocker

any chance you could put "down the road apiece" and "mona" from the Philly second show on one of the discs? that way we'd have a copy of all the songs played on the american wing of the tour. Thought id ask!

[Edited by Gazza]
October 2nd, 2004 08:04 PM
Gazza Thanks for registering - you should have got an e-mail from me by now confirming it.

The discs are being sent to all of the seeds in the versions that were sent to me. theyre almost all recorded and ready to be sent, so, sorry but I'm not tampering with track listings at this stage as it means me creating more discs. Theres artwork already prepared and doing that would mean having to re-do all the artwork as well.

PS - you dont need to give me your full address as you wont be getting the discs from me directly. Its also not a great idea to post your home address on a public site, so hope you dont mind that I edited it out of your post!
October 3rd, 2004 07:18 PM
Gazza Sign up is now closed for this tree.

Everyone by now should have received an e-mail from me confirming their registration,

One e-mail bounced back to me as undeliverable - that was sent to violentkind and was a web-tv address. You're registered however but please contact me to confirm you're receiving mails OK
Page: 1 2 3 4