ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Update: Pot-smoking judge to attend a 28 days program Return to archive
11-22-02 02:09 PM
CS Pot-smoking judge hopes for forgiveness

By Associated Press

TRAVERSE CITY -- A judge who acknowledged smoking marijuana at a Rolling Stones concert has spent much of the last week thinking about what he calls the stupidest thing he's ever done.

District Judge Thomas Gilbert has been on voluntary leave since Nov. 6, two days after admitting that he smoked marijuana at the Oct. 12 concert in Detroit.
Gilbert's actions have generated headlines -- and even a quip from TV talk show host Jay Leno.

"That's a punishment that an average person might not have to endure," Gilbert told the Traverse City Record-Eagle for a Sunday story. "I understand that you can't be a judge and break the law.

"I understand that 100 percent. I just hope and pray that at some point this community will come to forgiveness and realize that beyond that I'm a good judge."

Gilbert said last week he had not had a drink in two and a half weeks and he was preparing to travel to Minnesota to attend a 28-day alcohol abuse program.

Much of the last week was consumed by meetings with family and friends, delivering apologies to supporters and preparing for his eventual return to the bench.

An unidentified Elk Rapids woman saw Gilbert, 45, smoke a marijuana cigarette as it was passed along a row of people at the concert. Gilbert later issued a statement in which he apologized for "this error in judgment."

"If I hadn't been drinking alcohol that night I wouldn't have done the most stupid thing I've done in my life, which was taking a couple of hits off a marijuana cigarette," Gilbert said. "Not only should I have known better, I did know better."

Gilbert will be on leave from the bench at least until Dec. 16. He is two years into a four-year term as a judge in the 86th District, which encompasses Grand Traverse, Antrim and Leelanau counties.

About 30 cards and letters from supporters sit in a bowl that is a centerpiece on his dining room table.

11-22-02 02:12 PM
jb Maybe he can get Keith to do another concert for the blind.
11-22-02 07:26 PM
riffhard64 LOL JB....i love that story..Keith's blind angel good stuff....can we just legalize pot already!...
11-23-02 12:00 AM
SirMuddy The worst for you is that they gonna legalize it here in Canada before!
I won't complain...
11-23-02 09:40 AM
themadwiggler The judge was such a schmooze.

If he wasn't so chicken s*&tted, he might actually do some good.

Smokins, no jokins, its just smokin.