ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chords To "Had It With You", anyone? Need 'em for today... Return to archive
11-22-02 11:57 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Damnit. Can't seem to find 'em anywhere. Same with "Don't Lie To Me".

Did they cover "Route 66" in its original key?

-tSYX --- The highway that's the best...
11-22-02 12:02 PM
RubyFriday http://www.guitaretab.com/r/rolling-stones/16346.htm

http://www.ciudadfutura.com/rollingstones/tab/tab/had_it_with_you.crd.htm

http://www.mattsmusicpage.com/rollingstones/hadit.htm
11-22-02 12:30 PM
Mathijs Well, if you don't even recognise the only three chords in Had It With You and Don't Lie To Me ( both blues in A: A - D - E), how do you plan to play them?

Mathijs
11-22-02 12:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Well, if you don't even recognise the only three chords in Had It With You and Don't Lie To Me ( both blues in A: A - D - E), how do you plan to play them?

Mathijs

Math -

I recognize them, and I can play the songs. It's my band that doesn't know them, my rhythm guitarist/lead singer plays stuff by ear but needs lyrics in order to know where the changes are, my pianist is a rote classicist, reads everything. I don't have the time to go to Keno's, pick up the lyrics, stick in the chords, etc.

A little less vitriol'd be nice... I do know how to play music, thank you.

-tSYX --- Had it! Had it! Had it! Had it we're through!
11-22-02 01:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Much thanks, Ruby Friday. If I can convince 'em to roll this medley thing, it's gonna be friggin' awesome.

-tSYX --- Who could hang a name on you?
11-22-02 03:42 PM
justforyou A Medley ? Now that can't possibly put HIWY to justice!
11-22-02 07:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
justforyou wrote:
A Medley ? Now that can't possibly put HIWY to justice!

If it's put at the end, after "Don't Lie To Me" and "Route 66"?

Ah well, we didn't get to do it today. Our lead singer's a hard-rock guy. It takes years to get him to get out of Kurt Cobain mode. Which pisses the rest of us off to no end. Also he's not much one for covers - and he can't sing in any other way other than 'anguished wail' 9 times out of 10. When we get him out of it, he's great... we just can't get him out of it. I did write a nice swing-rock number with him today - he had an idea for the verse and I wrote the chorus.

Deee-licious. I'm still hangin' around with the *real* classic rockers though, who don't really have as real a band goin'.

Hopefully I'll be able to trot out the Medley idea without getting run over by the lead singer. I'll tell him we'll cover "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" to compensate.

Thanks again, RubyFriday!

As they say... Developing...

-tSYX --- Yeah, you got (bah dah dah dah dah) satin shoes...
11-22-02 10:34 PM
justforyou
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
If it's put at the end, after "Don't Lie To Me" and "Route 66"?

Who knows but you...try it out and see if it feels right. I love slowdown part...its awesome when that riff kicks back into gear!