ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Empress Valley Label Return to archive
11-22-02 01:26 AM
Madafaka Hi guys! I wanna know how Empress Valley bootlegs are available.
I just know 2 bootlegs of this label: Jersey Devils and King Of Drugs. You know more? Please, tell me.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Don't ever stop!

Max

English isn't my country language, forgive me about my msgs. =)
11-22-02 09:25 AM
Half Nanker EV has also issued 2 versions of "Whores, Cocaine & A Bottle Of Jack". The first was an 8CD + 1DVD Box set of 4 super audience recordings from LA '75, plus the DVD that included 60 minutes of 8mm Film shot from the front row area across 5 nights in LA 1975.

The second issue was simply a 2cd set of the show 7/13/75 in LA from the box set above.

You would have to contact one of the Japanese vendors for these like Fisheads International (They focus on Zeppelin releases but do have other titles available on the premium labels.)

Steve

[Edited by Half Nanker]
[Edited by Half Nanker]
11-22-02 10:40 AM
Madafaka Thank you for your reply Steve.
I'll do that.

Max

[Edited by Madafaka]
11-22-02 12:13 PM
T&A They have also just issued a 5CD set of New Barbarians material called The Drug Dealer Tapes, Vol. 1. It contains a repacking of the Largo soundboard plus newly surfaced rehearsals from Lake Geneva and a partial soundboard from the San Diego show. Great sound all the way through this one.
11-22-02 01:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot EV did a 3CD set of the '89 Montreal show, also a soundboard.

I don't like EV. They charge WAY too much, and they pull stuff like inserting tracks from other shows into the middle of setlists. That's just fucking wrong.

Like sticking songs from Phoenix into the King Of Drugs, or songs from Seattle into Jersey Devil. I'd rather have the show incomplete than to have some songs from a different show stuck in there to "complete" the setlist.

To be fair, their discs do sound very good.
11-22-02 02:07 PM
T&A The Montreal '89 soundboard is very good except for one major problem: Keith is way too low in the mix. Never listen to it for that reason.
11-22-02 02:48 PM
Half Nanker If you want to check out some of the EV Releases, along with others, check out this LZ website from Japan. This collector posts information regarding these releases and you can click on individual labels to see scans of what the titles look like.

http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/airraid/

11-23-02 11:35 AM
Madafaka Sir Stonesalot: Thank you for the info, I didn't know that... That is very bad, I preffer an incomplete show, I agree with you. I just have Jersey Devils and I didn't realise that!
Thank you!

T&A: Ok, I'll try to buy Montreal '89... My friends told me that sound pretty good.
Thank you!

Half Nanker: A very good link.
Thank you!
11-23-02 12:49 PM
T&A the sound on Montreal 89 is excellent with that one glaring issue - Keith's guitar.