ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shows confirmed in France 2003 ! Return to archive
11-21-02 01:50 PM
Jacques Hi all
my friend Matthieu from Le Club Des Stones had reliable information about confirmation of French shows next year.

July 5 2003 Marseille Stade V�lodrome
July 7 2003 Palais Omnisports Bercy Paris
July 9 2003 Stade de France Paris
July 11 2003 Olympia Paris

Stadiums and Bercy tickets will be on sale on december 15th 2002. More difficult for Olympia.
11-21-02 01:59 PM
Moonisup I will be at BERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOE
11-21-02 02:03 PM
jb They had to cancel 2nd Stadium show in France last time and played 1 show toi 80,000 at opening of Stadium...many shows may be canceled b/c of poor sales...I am sorry...
11-21-02 02:04 PM
Moonisup Well it is a fact that the french have poor concert atendance indeed, Sorry to the french on this board!

Rik
11-21-02 02:11 PM
jb My prediction..largest crowds in Germany will be arounf 67,500...France-42,000, England-31,313 Holland-43,981..these figures are for stadium/field shows only...
11-21-02 02:12 PM
Moonisup holland 52,300 in the arena
mabye sold out 4 times
11-21-02 02:16 PM
jb I hope so...but trust me, England will sell very poorly...I am sorry HTM, not too many like you....as I have repeatedly said, to be scorned by their fellow countrymen that way, is not only shameful, but down rif=ght mean-spirited...
11-21-02 02:51 PM
egon 3 times paris and only once in the south?

hope they will do a few more....
11-21-02 05:46 PM
Jacques Hi again
All of them are all right. We all hope (in France) that will happen. I know it's always a trouble with attendees in France. But we are waiting for them.
Sponsors and fans (I mean public attendees) are not with us enough. But I guess (hope) a lot of friends come together. Guys, it could be the last time. Meet us together in Paris !!!! or in the South Marseille.Keep in touch ! Waiting for Unholy Trinity in France. Specially at home, you're welcome, you know that.
And after, we'll go to Berlin and England...
11-21-02 05:53 PM
Jacques To Moonisup
We'll also be at Bercy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So pleased to meet you......
11-21-02 07:05 PM
sonicrock i ll try to strike the three paris show but olympia will be hard........
11-21-02 10:47 PM
Angiegirl I'll probably be @ Bercy too...
11-22-02 06:18 AM
Jumacfly hi guys
i got my tix for bercy, cool but very expensive!!!!

See ya in paris

Ju

11-22-02 07:28 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
hi guys
i got my tix for bercy, cool but very expensive!!!!

See ya in paris

Ju

Sorry, you mean for 2003???? Can you get tickets for 2003 Europe gigs already???? WHERE??? Or am I hallucinating again?
[Edited by FotiniD]
11-22-02 09:25 AM
Jumacfly Hi italian signore

well, in fact I had it by a friend whose enterprise has baught tix in pre sale...it s my christmas gift!!
i ll receive it at the same time the tix will be sell in france by the "normal" way....
but i m sure to be with all of you who ll be there...

cheers, and hi to Phillipe and Mick, my aussie friend!!

Ju
11-22-02 09:30 AM
Scot Rocks Hi Ju, nice too see ya back and your avatar!!!, good to see you got tickets, won't be in Paris but I'll be in London, donno where else yet.

Cheers

Mark
11-22-02 09:56 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
hi

hey ju!!

where have you been

are you back for a while?
11-22-02 01:30 PM
jumpinjackflash59 Some of you talk about poor sales in France during the BTB Tour. That's true and sad. But don't forget the essential reason was the Football world cup with very high ticket prices. The same thing happened in Italy in 1990. A lot of people had to make a choice. In 1990, the Stones sold 4 stadiums very quickly, and in 1995 3 open air shows.
I'm sure this time it will be OK, and probably it will be hard to buy tix for Bercy.
11-22-02 01:36 PM
jb Thanks...we hope it's not a repeat of D-day...
[Edited by jb]
11-22-02 01:58 PM
Monkey Woman Hi! Count on me at Bercy too. And I'll try really hard for the Olympia...
I'm glad to see the Stones have high hopes of France, with 4 shows in 3 kinds of venues!
No football frenzy in 2003, no other distraction (I hope) so with luck, the French fans won't disappoint the band! LOL!
11-22-02 05:32 PM
jumpinjackflash59 Don't worry, we will do our best.
11-22-02 05:58 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I'll attend Bercy!!! With my friend Moonisup!!!
11-23-02 09:10 AM
JaGgEr what about belgium???
11-23-02 05:06 PM
piece_of_wood I'll go to the Marseille's show, but do you think they can play "Miss you"?? It's my favorite rolling stones' song (from flashpoint) but I looked at the set-list of the concerts of the tour and the haven't already sang it...
Maybe the don't play it in the USA, tell me what you think about it
11-24-02 06:29 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Thank God that they do not play Miss You anymore...
11-24-02 06:43 AM
erikjjf They do play Miss You. But not as a standard. It's a much better version these days, heard it at Giants Stadium.
/Erik.
11-24-02 08:10 AM
BillyBoll I caught a bit of conversation on BBC Radio 2 yesterday evening after they had played Don't Stop. Thay were saying that there may be an important announcement regarding the Stones next Saturday - presumably the European Tour, or at least the UK part of it. They did also say that there may not be, so it sounds like its all still a bit up in the air.
11-24-02 10:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man BillyBoy, i heard that too!

While my dad was fetching my McDonalds, i switched on the radio and on came Dont Stop!

He didnt say what the news was about. All he said that next week we will have some "Exclusive Stones News" Then went on to say "But maybe we wont"

Of course, WE ALREADY KNOW what the news is going to be about. Its going to be those UK Dates!

Alex