ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header Return to archive
11-21-02 11:29 AM
Street Fighting Man Seems like something from "2,000 Light Years From Home!" Very eerry!
11-21-02 11:50 AM
jb Someone posted that on Keith's sets, Blondie is playing more and more ..Also, that Keith has slowed down substantially this tour due to age and that he lost another friend...Is this correct?
11-21-02 01:58 PM
Street Fighting Man Yeah, I really don't know. It didn't seem that way to me when I saw the Stones at Giants Statium in September. It did seem like Keith was really haming it up for the cameras a lot!

I will say though age really shouldn't impact guitar playing too much (unless physical disablements exist). I mean look at all of the great old Bluesmen (i.e., BB King, Buddy Guy, Bo Diddley, etc.) who've continued to play excellent well into their later years. Seems like a big part of the trick is staying motivated.
11-21-02 02:05 PM
jb Same here..Ft. lauderdale, Miami, and Atlanta, Keith was as good as ever(well almost)...some people more knowlegeable about guitar playing vehemently disagree...
11-21-02 02:24 PM
Child of the Moon Well, I can say that i do know a bit more about guitar playing, just because I play my guitar every minute of the day (even right now). I saw him in Tacoma, and he blew me away - not because of the technical prowess (which has never been a part of his game, really), but because he was just there, laying it down, as it were - just pure feeling. The guy looked thirty years younger up there, I swear, and he damn near played like it, too.

I'll admit there's no more chainsaw buzz-rhythm, but I think that's part of how Keith has grown up as a guitarist... he's allowing the songs to breathe a little more, so that they're not stifled by the constant riffage. Keith is just as great a guitarist as he ever was (well, okay, "almost"); this is just part of his metamorphosis.
11-21-02 02:47 PM
jb My partner is a guitar player and went to concert..next day he told me Keith is really amazing..not technically..but he just plays those simple Chuck Berry riffs like no one else I have seen...
11-21-02 11:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header

11-22-02 09:28 AM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
My partner is a guitar player and went to concert..next day he told me Keith is really amazing..not technically..but he just plays those simple Chuck Berry riffs like no one else I have seen...

I guess simple is realtive, cause I can't them worth a sheeit.

What I'm missing is the interplay, I have yet to hear a soundboard recording from this tour so it is a little hard to decipher, however, I have tried to foucs on it, and it just seems as Keith and Ron are playing their parts, and not weaving. To me this is highly disturbing, the interplay is one of things that made their playing unique.

11-22-02 09:52 AM
jb Don't be offended by Rush and Sean comment....believe me, I have taken a lot worse for my Bill/Al worship.