ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Levy Bad Trader Return to archive
11-20-02 04:38 AM
juggsy Bill Levy (Levy Rocks) is a bad trader. I set up a trade with him only to recieve nothing in return. He's continually lied and told me 3 times that he's sent. Today he threatens not to send at all. He's givin me a litany of excuses, each more outrageous than the last including: "Are you sure you don't have it?"
I've got records of all our email transactions and can provide them to the trading community to back up my claims.
If you want the best version of Stones Detroit go thru Pignose Records.
Jeff
11-20-02 04:42 AM
fmk438j I got done by him too.
I also heard other people with the same story as yours, that he threatens not to send anything.
11-20-02 05:04 AM
gypsymofo60 That's awful! What a creep! But how do you know about these people before you get burned?(pardon the pun).There are people in this community who will burn discs simply out of the goodness of their hearts to share the music, thanks fmk! And then there are these toss-pots trying to take others for a ride. I understand your anger.
11-20-02 06:37 AM
fmk438j On the whole, the amount of trust in the 'trading community' is high and proven.
The fact that there's only the odd bad apple is pretty amazing really.
11-20-02 08:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Agreed. I've been trading heavily for 3 years now, and I can count, on one hand, the number of times that I've been burned.

The Stones trading community is pretty tight, and really generous. I send stuff to people just because I know they'll like it. Unsolicited stuff shows up in my mailbox all the time.

And this is how you find out about bad traders before you get burned. When someone makes a bad trader claim, write it down. I have a bad trader list, and I'll add this guy to it. If I'm making a trade with someone that I don't know, I'll check the list. It isn't a perfect system, but it can save you a headache.
11-20-02 08:58 AM
marko Juggsy.do you have detroit-02??if so how good that is?
trade is allways welcome,,i�m a trust worthy bastard.Busy
mostly.Just got from 2000man nice cd�s.
I personally.don�t this levy rocks dude,i only,and mostly
trade with my older connections,the one,with who i have
done trading now about 7years.
11-20-02 09:06 AM
full moon Thanks for spreading the word about this bum...
11-20-02 09:11 AM
peterdv he had my to about a year ago, sold my something , never saw my cd, i noticed that the scum was active on iorr again
so don't get involved, he is really scum !!!!

pete
11-20-02 09:51 AM
Factory Girl I got burned by a bad trader recently (my first burn). We agreed on a trade in early October, I sent his picks to him the next day. He has rec'd my pkg b/c the shows are now on his trade list. I've sent SEVERAL E-mails to him stating that I haven't rec'd anything. His intial excuse was-mailroom at his work forgot to send it. Second excuse-he mailed again (but I never rec'd!). Anyway, its 7 weeks later, and I have NOTHING from him. Meanwhile, he's enjoying the shows I sent and trading them for his benefit.
Btw, this is not anyone in the STONESY Community.

Btw, I send freebies to friends a lot. But, if the deal is a trade-then both parties have to play fair.
11-20-02 10:01 AM
Moonisup I've traded sometimes it always went good,

send josh some stuff and got some nice things back
11-20-02 10:02 AM
jb Got burned only once on e-bay...person was suspended but $30.00 down the drain.
11-20-02 10:12 AM
Sir Stonesalot JB, I'll try to get the rest of your discs burned tonight and tomorrow.

Then I can get started with Fiji's.

11-20-02 10:19 AM
jb Thanks SS....If you need free legal advice, please let me know. I specialize in all areas of litigation, including, but not limited to, P.I., Nursing Home abuse, ADA, commercial and some criminal.
[Edited by jb]
11-20-02 11:02 AM
Dan This guy is a well known scam artist. You can start by doing Google and Yahoo searches on anyone before agreeing to a trade. There are hundreds of such posts regarding this character all over the internet.
11-20-02 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, and the sorry son of a bitch just posted some bait under the handle MTROCKS.

Avoid this scumbag!
11-21-02 07:34 AM
juggsy In fairness to Bill, we talked last night and worked things out. I have not recieved the promised show yet but he assures me that he has sent it.
One thing I've learned about the Stones trading community, although worldwide it's actually very small. You see the same names from the same countries over and over again year after year. Good traders cultivate a reputation of quality
and can become great traders in time. It's all about the music and sharing live Stones shows that we all love. Especially this current tour which is so great! Nice setlists and gloriously ragged performances. Keep those great shows in circulation!
11-21-02 09:52 AM
marko You got it man,but one good info is,do NOT NEVER send
ANYTHING,before you get something!!I never send anyhting
to guy,with who i�m trading for the 1st time,i must get the
stuff,from him,before!
11-22-02 02:06 AM
peterdv don't agree with this,
trading is all a matter of trust,
i don't bother sending stuff out before i get the return :-)))

if we all start acting like this, pfffffffff :-(((((((

Peter
11-22-02 02:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot I always send as soon as I have the stuff burned. I just limit the 1st trade to a few discs. If I get ripped off, the most I lose is about a dollar. I won't trade with the other person again, and I'll let everyone know what a putz they are.

Ain't no hanging matter.

But guys like this Bill Levy guy piss me off. He intentionally scams for free discs. Gives all us reputable traders a bad name. Totally uncool.
11-22-02 02:08 PM
jb You don't really lose anything but your time..correct? don't you require pre-paid postage and discs?
11-22-02 02:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot We are talking about trades JB, not B&P. Kinda hard to send out a B&P without getting the blanks and postage first!

Oh, and BTW, just to clear this up....JB is definately a lawyer. I have in my possesion, business cards, and letterhead from his law office.

He ain't lying about that. So let's put that ugly rumor to rest, shall we?
11-22-02 02:30 PM
jb Thanks SS..I have never lied about anything I have posted regarding my personal life, hatred of the Beatles, special edition Mercerdes, country club, prices I paid for tickets, etc...Unfortunately, one individual who I teased too much, made statements which were intended to damage my reputation...insults I can take, lies, however, are unacceptable. As a result, I have had to tone my act down substantially to regain the credibility that was stolen from me in a single post. I was violated in a way i hope none of you experience..it still hurts when I think about it.
[Edited by jb]
11-22-02 02:53 PM
Nellcote Hey JB;

Don't let this fellow who damaged you get to you.
Save it for Sunday, when the Chargers clean Lucas's clock.
You will need plenty of consoling then!
BTW, WTF is this, I read on the Phins site that they were gushing that the game was going to be on tv because it just sold out? Is the fan base that putrid there? The Pats have been sold out since '94, season ticket waiting list in the thousands. What fairweather fans in S. Florida!
Although, if you get Arthur Fiedler back next week, it could get interesting.

11-22-02 02:57 PM
Fiji Joe Well, I can only add to be careful when naming names...Ulf, who I don't necessarily detest, bad mouthed me from one end to the other claiming I backed out on a deal when the reality was, there was never a deal...I had simply inquired as to how to go about getting his discs...he then made some political statements which have no business being intertwined with the Stones and I told him I did not want to purhase anything from him if he was going to make my purchase conditional on the acceptance of his leftist and marxist ideology...at which time he tells me he had already burned the discs and that I HAD to pay...Why he took it upon himself to burn discs for me is beyond me...I never told him the money was on the way and made it quite clear I was not ready to purchase anything for some time...

Never done business like that and I'm not going to start now...SS and Tumbling Dice have been gracious enough to get me started with some discs so I look forward to trading with people in the future...

I know nothing about this trading stuff so I guess I am at great risk of being taken advantage of...

SS, do I need to send you some business cards too?
11-22-02 03:08 PM
jb Nellcote, remember, we have a 75,000 plus capacity stadium...we always have about 70,000 at the games..it just takes until the last minute to sell out...I think Sunday will be a great game...prediction..22-19 phins....
And yes Fiji Joe, that's how I got in trouble..I reacted to some posts on IORR and started making some very juvenile posts, which I regret...however, i apologized and attempted to make peace, but it was too late..
[Edited by jb]
11-22-02 04:27 PM
Moonisup trading is ok with peeps you trust!!

I trust Josh and he me

angiegirl is also a real cool girl and goodlooking