ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'breaking up early next year' quote Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-19-02 07:28 PM
Boomhauer They ain't gonna quit! Not with all of the dinero they will be rakin' in! Remember, it's a business!

They're gonna charge $600 for front row next tour. lol
11-19-02 07:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
the stones will never stop untill one of the three founding members will die

I don't think Keith'll keep going without Ronnie. Who would play snooker (Pool to us Americans.)with him before the shows? No, I get the feeling that unless Ronnie's attempts to minimalize his time with Keith while he's drinking (read: a lot of the time, 'specially after the shows, when we have Ronnie being seen with Mick 9 times out of 10) really alienate him, Keith'll feel that there's no real need to go on. They could live without Bill. But a guitar player's different, especially Ronnie, who is the second half of The Weave on nights when it feels like coming back from '78, '81, or whenever people seem content to think it died.

We can't tell. I think Ronnie's clearly the only one who's even a question as to whether or not the band'd keep going. They'd never make it without Charlie, and the Glimmer Twins go without saying.

So you take care of yourself, Rolling Stones! You *will* be entertaining us at exorberant prices until we drop dead!

Anyone want to send Ronnie some Nicotrol patches or something?

-tSYX --- Oooh, the rising sun...
11-19-02 09:02 PM
full moon Mick said on Rose that they will make music until they are dead .. He also said Keith was like a brother...
11-19-02 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Snooker is NOT Pool. There are no pockets on a Snooker table.

**TASTELESS JOKE TO FOLLOW, READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL!**

You know, if Brian had been playing Snooker instead of pool in the back yard, he would probably not have dies for another year or so.

11-19-02 09:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Snooker is NOT Pool. There are no pockets on a Snooker table.

**TASTELESS JOKE TO FOLLOW, READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL!**

You know, if Brian had been playing Snooker instead of pool in the back yard, he would probably not have dies for another year or so.

Hahahahahahaha!

Oh, now the Brian Jones petitionists are gonna come kill you.

-tSYX --- It's the Haaaaaaaaawnky Tonk Women...
11-19-02 10:20 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Snooker is NOT Pool. There are no pockets on a Snooker table.

Snooker is not pool, that I'll grant you; but there ARE pockets on a snooker table - six of 'em...
11-20-02 10:28 AM
jb Hannalee...thanks...
11-20-02 03:46 PM
Mother baby Well ...
it's hard to do thus saith Neil Sedakkka?
11-20-02 03:52 PM
Moonisup ZXXY read the uncut issue, keith says he does not know what they will do if ronnie dies ore quits!!!!!!! He think they carry on
11-20-02 03:58 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
at they will do if ronnie dies ore quits!!!!!!! He think they carry on

Of course, what else would you expect?????????
11-20-02 09:30 PM
gypsymofo60 I don't think they'll ever officially break up, I think they'll wind it down gradually. Longer stays at smaller venues, where you'll get a 'Stripped' style show, something more in keeping with the encroaching years. Which I think will suit them in their more mature days. The songs they seem intent on writing these days reflects a more laid back finale. Still that's just my humble, or not so humble op.
11-21-02 04:38 PM
Street Fighting Man I remember George Steinbrenner, NY Yankee's owner, always used to say that Gregg Nettles (i.e., All Star 3rd baseman in 70's - 80's) was all washed up and through. Nettles replied by saying, "If he keeps saying that long enough, eventually he'll be right." I suppose the same thing can be said of the Stones!

Vegas - ugh, shutter the thought!
Page: 1 2