ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Henry Diltz - Visit his exhibition at the Artchives Gallery in NYC

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'breaking up early next year' quote Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-19-02 11:24 AM
wkoetke Did anyone notice the stinger line in the following article (one of the links from the iorr story about the vegas private show)?

"...rumors that the band is breaking up early next year."

I know we can't ever make accurate predictions, but this is the first time I've even read a rumor of such a thing. Last I heard, the band's tour extends all throughout next year and they'll be releasing a new album, etc. Doesn't sound like a breakup to me.

Is the author of this article just a moron, or are there other rumors out there like this?

Thanks
Walt

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Sep-16-Mon-2002/news/19634220.html
11-19-02 11:28 AM
jb I don't understand it either..obvoiusly they are touring almost all of next year so the timing is wrong..On the otherhand, it inevitably will happen in the next couple of years.
11-19-02 11:39 AM
F505 "...rumors that the band is breaking up early next year."

Since 40 years rumours they will break up haunt this band. And the rumours will never stop. It's a part of the game.
11-19-02 11:48 AM
jb f505....were is magicwoman and Rik?
11-19-02 11:52 AM
Moonisup I am here Josh
11-19-02 11:56 AM
Maxlugar The Stones will never break up. There is no need to. The big tours are coming to an end though.
11-19-02 12:01 PM
Moonisup Indeed max,

Finally the big tours will be over!! I love to see them in the AHoy ore smaller venues!
11-19-02 12:03 PM
jb Thanks Rik...What do you mean Max? Will they do a week a the garden, a week in Sa. Fran...please define "small"
11-19-02 12:03 PM
F505 Who is Magic Woman?
11-19-02 12:06 PM
jb Isn't that Rik's girlfriend?
11-19-02 12:08 PM
Moonisup whaha maybe she is my girlfriend maybe not, I don't know, ask her! I like her a tiny tinyh bit

the wooden shoe
11-19-02 12:13 PM
quackenbush Whether they break up or not is not a good question, "Will the Rolling Stones next album be their last?" is probably
closer to the mark. After all, who cares if they are together if they are not making records? I don't.
11-19-02 12:14 PM
jb We care..No touring=no stones...
11-19-02 12:30 PM
parmeda Hi Josh...how's your mission for 'the perfect ticket' coming along...any luck?
11-19-02 12:46 PM
Maxlugar Josh, big world tours that last years with lots of out door stadiums.

I'm not sure we'll see another one of these.

11-19-02 01:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Don't be suprised to see extended engagements in Vegas and A.C....or smaller venues like The Paradiso and Shepard's Bush.

I think they'll play live till they drop.
11-19-02 01:02 PM
Joey The Stones will never break up --------------they will tour till they drop ....like Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker or John Entwistle ......or Keith Moon ( Joey's personal hero ) .

I am willing to bet Josh's Persian Lineage on it .

" Shall I put on 'Let it Bleed ' she purred ?????? ' Come to Joey ' was my reply Ronnie "

Clubby Joey
11-19-02 01:15 PM
steel driving hammer Here's what the IORR message board is saying about them breaking up.

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=26251&t=26251

Just the play the fucking bastard!

11-19-02 01:34 PM
magicwoman No iam not riks girlfriend i have a boyfriend who i loved so much
Rik is just a friend
[Edited by magicwoman]
11-19-02 01:38 PM
magicwoman i mean Rik is myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg friend
11-19-02 01:38 PM
Moonisup You try to be nice,

hehehe

luv yah
[Edited by Moonisup]
11-19-02 01:49 PM
jb Hello Parmeda....so far no luck..offered 2500 and that only gets you on lower right side of stage..the prices will, however, come down as I see very little movement so far....I won't make the mistake of buying too quickly this time...
11-19-02 01:50 PM
Fiji Joe A quote from Keith from I don't remember when and where:

"This band ain't bustin' up"
11-19-02 04:10 PM
Scottfree Break up rumors are what fuels the pounds, cash, jack, scatch, large, coin, lek, dinar, florin, peso, taka, kroon, yen, franc, shilling, colon, yuan, kroner, dong, Euro's (damn those things are tasty, or is that gyro) or whatever you want to call the paper/coin that can be used to buy goods and services....
11-19-02 04:16 PM
jb Max says no more big tours...only tours like the Who....
11-19-02 04:26 PM
Mr T Oh, didn't you hear? they broke up earlier this week

uhhh, doubtful - considering they will be on tour. you have to understand the Stones have probably been on the edge of a major breakup every 3 weeks for the last 40 years
11-19-02 04:27 PM
jb Mick taylor should be invited to play..this is really outrageous already that they can't bury the hatched.
11-19-02 04:35 PM
Moonisup the stones will never stop untill one of the three founding members will die
11-19-02 05:04 PM
100 Years Ago I don't see them breaking up or stopping the touring machine, I just listened to Mick's interview with Charlie Rose and he says just the opposite. so it seems this guy is just dredging the rumor mill. They do seem to like the big spectacle of stadium shows, so IMHO I doubt they'll stop playing them. It will be interesting though to see what configuration future tours will have.
11-19-02 05:10 PM
steel driving hammer Well some critics will always say, the Stones will break up, sooner or later.

But saying that or if thats the only thing, the Stones really got the world by the balls.

Page: 1 2