ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Walk The Line Return to archive
November 21st, 2005 10:12 PM
The_Worst Just wanted to suggest to everyone to go see this movie. Granted, I am a HUGE Johnny Cash fan but I thought this was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Really goes to show what an incredible human being Johnny Cash was. He went through so much shit, death, drugs, divorce, drugs, alcohol, drugs.... did I mention drugs? Yet he had an angel by the name of June Carter who came & took care of him. I think that every man in his life searches for their own June Carter.

I'm not a huge fan of the movies anymore or most movie stars of today but I was seriously moved by this film (& that's not an easy thing to do to me!!!). I found myself singing to the songs. People were clapping their hands & tapping their feet. It also gives a look into what life was like for the first rock stars. We all love the Stones here, but it was people like Johnny, Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis who showed our boys how it was done.

Take my advice, SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
November 22nd, 2005 12:02 AM
KeepRigid "Your 'band' is two mechanics that can hardly play!"

Great stuff.
November 22nd, 2005 08:26 AM
Mel Belli I liked it, but was also a little disappointed. Spent too much time "down and out" with Johnny and almost completely ignored how religious he was.
November 22nd, 2005 11:26 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I liked it, but was also a little disappointed. Spent too much time "down and out" with Johnny and almost completely ignored how religious he was.

Mel,

I believe that's because the movie only went up until 1968. Although he was religious in his early years, Johnny didn't really get into alot of that stuff until after he cleaned up. I think that's why they showed that scene of June walking Johnny into the church. It was her way of reintroducing him to God again.
November 22nd, 2005 11:28 AM
Gimme Shelter Still need to check it out.
November 22nd, 2005 02:21 PM
texile
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I liked it, but was also a little disappointed. Spent too much time "down and out" with Johnny and almost completely ignored how religious he was.

agree, and they were too busy turning him into a cross between bono and conrad birdy for younger generations........
when i was a kid - johnny was that old guy my dad watched on hee haw singing old hyms - nothing cool about him to me then......
i learned to appreciate johnny later on;
i hate the trendiness of it all now.
i guess being religious isn't cool enough for modern audiences and that's a shame because his faith was such a great force in his life - as much as his independent spirit.
November 22nd, 2005 08:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler Absolutely astounding performance by Joaquin Phoenix. A must-see.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)