ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I finally got Banged! Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 21st, 2005 12:18 PM
Jaxx by A BIGGER BANG that is. what a fantastic piece of work! finally the band has risen to their potential. surprising fresh. the guitar work is intricate and exceptional. its about time ron and keith finally decided to put out the smokes and play the guitar! the vocals are clean and clear. mick's harmonica is especially strong. my favorites include "it won't take long", "laugh, I nearly died" "oh no not you again", "driving too fast" (i can relate and so can passengers in my car....) and "infamy". the lyrics to "rough justice" and "she saw me coming" are laugh out loud funny. the blues track BAck of My Hand is exceptional and reminiscent of exile on mainstreet tunes, but surprisingly its the only one.

so, is sweet Neo Con about george bush? sure sounds like it.
November 21st, 2005 01:05 PM
Nellcote Jaxx, glad you liked it.
I'm still on to it, especially as it will be beefed
up with a new release, including more tracks.

Now, get ready to be slayed by
the ever present tribe of naysayers
who are not satisfied ABB is not one of the
big four of Stones albums.

Makes for better listening, frankly.
November 21st, 2005 02:14 PM
time is on my side I too found it a strong album. ABB is the STONES best album since TATTOO YOU (imo). My only complaint being that's it too long and should have been shortened to say 45 minutes to make it a tighter album. Acutally, it's a relatively minor complaint because, when you get to actually throwing out some of the tracks, there would be a debate among some on which ones need to be tossed aside as everyone seems to have different ideas about their favorites or different suggestions on which ones are weak & not up to snuff.

All in all, I found this MAINSTREAM ROCK album to be an impressive effort. I'm looking forward to the many, many hours of pleasureable & enlightning listening entertainment ABB will bring to me in the coming months and, hopefully, in the years, decades that follow.

[Edited by time is on my side]
November 21st, 2005 03:45 PM
Dick Bush
You really got?!?

Well - better late than never

November 21st, 2005 04:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Now, get ready to be slayed by
the ever present tribe of naysayers
who are not satisfied ABB is not one of the
big four of Stones albums.

you rank Bang in the "big four of Stones albums"??????

one word comes to mind: "insane"

I'm glad you dig the record, but you must be deaf if you truly rank Bang anywhere remotely in the same ballpark as Let It Bleed, Beggars, Sticky & Exile.
November 21st, 2005 04:19 PM
Nellcote Reading is not an art form.
November 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
kath opinions.
November 21st, 2005 05:26 PM
Jaxx yeah. i finally got it. better late than never, right?

i think if you want to rank rolling stones albums it is only fair to compare apples to apples et al.

brian jones era
mick taylor era
ron wood era
post bill wyman era.

i like the fact that like most stones albums, the tunes do not all sound the same, yet they somewhat follow "the formula" for a stones album. for example there's classic rock n roll riffs, there's dance riffs, ballads with their sweet instrumental riffs a blues tune (wish there was more of these..)and "the rain came down" has a rap thing going like "too much blood kinda rap". there's political commentation, there's some profound lyrics and the usual female slamming. pure entertainment with several tunes having laugh out loud lyrics.
i don't think the album is too long. there's 16 tracks. exile has 18. in the old days it would have been a 2 album set. considering it was much awaited, i say, "bring it on!"
[Edited by Jaxx]
November 21st, 2005 07:25 PM
glencar I still like it after 2 months of hearing it. It's Top 6 for sure!
November 21st, 2005 07:26 PM
glencar I still like it after 2 months of hearing it. It's Top 6 for sure!
November 21st, 2005 07:32 PM
Nellcote So good you would post it twice?
glencar My connection had failed...
glencar And nothing's that good...
November 21st, 2005 07:36 PM
Nellcote Wrigley's made millions with Doublemint Gum, were'nt they on to something?
November 21st, 2005 07:38 PM
glencar They did better when they advertised with those hot twins.
November 21st, 2005 07:38 PM
glencar Everything's marketing when you think about it...
November 21st, 2005 07:41 PM
Nellcote Those Chinese hoop playa's ALA Yao Ming,in that video were a hoot.
Are you able to translate anything on that site?
November 21st, 2005 07:42 PM
glencar Nah, I just saw that video & wanted to share. Those guys were so INTO that song & they actually seemed to lip sync OK but for what purpose?
November 21st, 2005 07:46 PM
Nellcote Karaoke must be a new thang for them.
We just got Josh Beckett, hope he's not another Vasquez or Pavano, I do not trust any Marlin player outside of Miami.
November 21st, 2005 07:56 PM
glencar Pavano II!
November 21st, 2005 08:10 PM
BILL PERKS ALBUM STILL ROCKS,PEOPLE
November 21st, 2005 08:22 PM
Nellcote Hey GC, if anything, we get Leeann Tweeden if Beckett bombs...
November 22nd, 2005 09:17 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Everything's marketing when you think about it...

W- W- w- What ?!?!?!

November 22nd, 2005 10:18 AM
BILL PERKS WHAT DO JOEY,KENNEY JONES,PARIS HILTON,GEORGE W ,LARRY HAGMAN AND THE QWEST DUMP CENTER HAVE IN COMMON?
November 22nd, 2005 10:27 AM
Jaxx
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHAT DO JOEY,KENNEY JONES,PARIS HILTON,GEORGE W ,LARRY HAGMAN AND THE QWEST DUMP CENTER HAVE IN COMMON?

i give up. what?
November 22nd, 2005 10:38 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHAT DO JOEY,KENNEY JONES,PARIS HILTON,GEORGE W ,LARRY HAGMAN AND THE QWEST DUMP CENTER HAVE IN COMMON?

I swear the Friggin GOD Perks you shall NOT be greeted this January at the now legendary , twenty thousand seat , state - of - the - art , eighth wonder of the world , QWEST CENTER ARENA ................................

www.omahameca.com

" The Who are considering setting up a GRATEFUL DEAD style recording/filming area at their concerts so that higher audio and visual quality can be assured .... "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=153&zone=diary

[ Edited by Joshy ]
[Edited by Joey]
November 22nd, 2005 12:32 PM
tumbled I like the way the guitars sound like phone ringing on rain fell down and like falling leaves on let me down real slow. and Charlie is so awesome. Love his windchime effect which adds magic as always. Love the album. Must have it every day! cheers
November 22nd, 2005 12:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
tumbled wrote:
I like the way the guitars sound like phone ringing on rain fell down and like falling leaves on let me down real slow.

Yes. Thats exactly what I look for in the guitar sound on a Stones record.

nice avatar
November 22nd, 2005 12:52 PM
Joey
quote:
tumbled wrote:
I like the way the guitars sound like phone ringing on rain fell down and like falling leaves on let me down real slow. and Charlie is so awesome. Love his windchime effect which adds magic as always. Love the album. Must have it every day! cheers

nice avatar
November 22nd, 2005 02:16 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes. Thats exactly what I look for in the guitar sound on a Stones record.

nice avatar

You know what would be nice?

If Keith could make his guitar sound like Erik Satie playing one of the Gymnopediae and Ron Wood could play Air on a G string by Johann Sebastain Bach.

Also I will be changing my avatar to a picture of my 4 year old daughter holding a balloon on a warm summer day while licking an ice cream cone and puppy dogs frolic in the sun
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)