ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: other versions Return to archive
November 21st, 2005 07:27 AM
lunapark Ello there!

Just some info... What other versions of "Wild Horses" & "It's only rock n' roll" are out there? Have album versions from "Sticky Fingers" & "It's only rock n' roll".

Ta!
[Edited by lunapark]
November 21st, 2005 12:26 PM
Mr Jimmy Here's two official releases that you can pick up at your local music store. Perhaps some of the fine Rocks Off members can fill you in on some of their favourite bootleg versions???

I'm not that crazy about STRIPPED (released 1995) but it does include a "live" studio version of Wild Horses recorded in Tokyo in March '95.

I absolutely love side 3 of LOVE YOU LIVE (released 1977) and it includes a live version of It's Only Rock 'n' Roll recorded at the El Mocambo in Toronto in March '77. Side 3 (I have the original vinyl double album) has 4 songs recorded at that very small and historic bar just up the street from where I live in Toronto. It's a great version because they're playing it like the world's greatest bar band in a very small bar. Also has a great Mannish Boy, Crackin' Up, Little Red Rooster, and Around & Around.

Historically, it's very interesting because this performance took place when Keith was arrested for Heroin in Toronto. Also, you can hear Mick saying, "Hello Margaret" to a certain member of the audience. Margaret Trudeau was the wife of our then Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau and our newspapers were full of photos & stories about Maggie hanging out with the Stones during their stay. The El Mocambo is not the kind of place where Laura Bush would go for a night out! All in all, it's a great version of the song and very entertaining if you think about what was happening to the Stones at that particular time in their history. Enjoy!

"There's a bottom pincher... watch out for your bottoms"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)