ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Save Mart Center - Fresno, CA - 20th November - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
November 21st, 2005 04:36 AM
Jeep 1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Live With Me
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Beast Of Burden
8. Bitch
9. Night Time is The Right Time
----- Intros -----
10. Slipping Away (KR)
11. Infamy (KR)

12. Miss You (to B-stage)
13. Rough Justice (B-stage)
14. Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (from B-stage)

16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash

19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
20. Satisfaction (encore)

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
November 21st, 2005 06:00 AM
pdog Just got back... 6 hours total drive from SF to Frez and back. Great show, great sound, great crowd! Log Drive, worth it!!!
Had excellent seats... Best sounding show of the tour so far. Band was incredibly tight... I think I was next to a Stones limo when I was driving out. They had a few tV inside and they were showing the show that just happened on the screen. I couldn't see in real well, so I don't know who was inside... I'm tired and it's almost 3AM...
I love The Stones!
VERY MUCH!!!
5 Shows!
4 Cities!
3 States!
2 Coasts!
1 Great band!!!
2005 has been a bigger bang for me!
November 21st, 2005 07:00 AM
Daethgod glad u had a great time dude !

November 21st, 2005 11:45 AM
Jeep From the Fresno Bee :

The biggest bang
After all the inticipation, the Stones explode the Save Mart Center with potent classic rock.
By Mike Osegueda / The Fresno Bee
(Updated Monday, November 21, 2005, 6:09 AM)

http://www.fresnobee.com/lifestyle/story/11506912p-12244442c.html

Say what you will about his age and his wrinkles, but Mick Jagger knows how to work a crowd.

That was evident Sunday the moment the Rolling Stones hit the stage, as if he was shot from a cannon as he launched into "Start Me Up."

The crowd went nuts, proving that seeing Mick in his Leprechaun green jacket and the rest of the boys was well worth the pot-of-gold ticket price. For everyone from old-time rockers to young, chic-looking girls to the people just having fun dancing in the aisles, Jagger's charm was hard to resist.

Tickets, costing up to $350, sold out in less than an hour when they went on sale in June. They commanded up to $1,200 apiece on the rich secondary-ticket market.

Further proof of on-stage wizardry?

Before hitting the sold-out crowd with "Rain Fall Down," he asked, "What did you think of that game last night?"

"It was that close," he said, holding an inch of air in between his finger and thumb.

That's Crowd Seduction 101 with Prof. Mick Jagger, Ph.D. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand from then on.

Part rock star and part supermodel, he pranced, strutted, shook and waved his way through a two-hour set of old favorites like "Tumbling Dice," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)" and "Beast of Burden" while sprinkling in new cuts from the band's latest CD, "A Bigger Bang."

"I tell ya," he said to the crowd after "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll." "It's good to be here. I know we haven't been here since 1965."

The crowd roared, well aware of what he was referring to: The young Stones performing at Ratcliffe Stadium in May 1965. That was before "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was even released.

"Everything changed in our set list," Jagger said.

Back at that show, the Stones hopped offstage less than a half-hour after they went on, when a mob of teenage girls rushed the stage. The band got into the armored car that brought it to the stadium and took off, not to return until Sunday.

There were no such hijinks this time around.

Actually, this time around, it was the Rolling Stones, and their stage, that came to the eager fans.

After a stunning Ray Charles tribute and a two-song Keith Richards solo set of "Slipping Away" and "Infamy," which put a good amount of fans' behinds back in their seats, Jagger took over the reins again and launched into "Miss You."

As that was going on, the stage started to rise. Everyone stood up as it transformed before their eyes. Soon, a 10-foot-by-30-foot stage was slowly coasting toward the middle of the arena with the Stones and their backing band on it.

It was a treat for any concertgoer on the opposite side of the arena. It even put some of them within arm's reach of the band.

On this mini-stage, the Stones whisked through "Rough Justice," "Get Off My Cloud" and "Honky Tonk Women" before the stage moved back to the front of the arena.

There, the band went into "Sympathy for the Devil," with Jagger donning a feathery fedora and coat. It was an outfit only the incomparable Mick Jagger could pull off.

The Stones then put the cap on their set with "Brown Sugar" and "Jumping Jack Flash."

After stepping offstage for a few minutes, they returned for a not-so-surprising encore that featured "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and a nearly 10-minute rendition of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction."

Not long afterward, people were scooting out of the arena, with all the satisfaction that $350 can buy.

"It oozed the Rolling Stones," said Whitney Williams, 19. "I loved it more than you can even believe. It was orgasmic."

Of course, the Rolling Stones could have played for another two hours and still had more than enough hits for everyone to sing along with. But they couldn't, and it didn't seem to matter. People were raving and smiling.

For many, it was a chance to witness history. You can't see the Beatles anymore. You can't see Elvis anymore. But you can still see the Rolling Stones.

And even into their 60s, wrinkles and all, it would be tough to argue with their self-proclaimed title-turned-truth — that they are the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band.

The swagger, the attitude, the place in history, it was overwhelming.

You couldn't see that in 1965.
November 21st, 2005 12:27 PM
gorda I should have gone! Even though, I didn't have anyone to go with me, I should have gone alone!

Micky!
November 21st, 2005 12:42 PM
Dan
quote:
Tickets, costing up to $350, sold out in less than an hour when they went on sale in June. They commanded up to $1,200 apiece on the rich secondary-ticket market.

Thank you jeezus, thank you lord.

Factoring in the hit I took on the orphaned pair, my sec 121 row P cost about $122. Face $350+30+fan club. Looking straight down on the floor I was even with the 2nd row. I think I was even closer than I was onstage in San Diego. Perfect view of everything, stage seemed smaller than any other arena stage I had seen, small venue etc.

I DO appreciate news organizations spreading falsehoods with little verification or follow up as in the end in only helps me.

I am glad I made the painful effort via Greyhound and didn't jump on many of the numerous other deals floating around as this ticket was 2nd best only to front center.

I also heard a rumor there may be trees and torrents of this gig once it can be verified everything is intact.

November 21st, 2005 12:45 PM
Dan Paint It Black was NOT played though its addition would have made it thee perfect setlist.
November 21st, 2005 04:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
Paint It Black was NOT played though its addition would have made it thee perfect setlist.

That's what I said to T&A as we left the arena... They seemed to play tighter and extend a few songs in length, only a bit. Which is why the show clocked in at normal time with one less song.
PIB would've been the shit in that set!
November 21st, 2005 05:03 PM
Saint Sway hopefully this is the last time they trim a show down to just 20 songs.
November 21st, 2005 05:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
hopefully this is the last time they trim a show down to just 20 songs.

Yeah wait til the tour hits Europe. They would wish it was just 20 songs.
November 21st, 2005 07:17 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Paint It Black was NOT played though its addition would have made it thee perfect setlist.

yep. we were RIGHT beside the B stage (ronnie side).
when the setlist rolled up i was kinda surprised to see a missing tune. My first thought was "damn, no PIB?"
otherwise - a great show. Mick was the man last Sunday, but this Sunday it was all about Keith. He was loud, and in charge for most of the show. great sound, tight show ... pretty good crowd. i gotta say thumbs way up.

first impressions:
1. Charlotte
2. Fresno
3. SF 1

not feeling well. t'was a long week and i'm under the weather for it. ugh. time for sleep.
November 21st, 2005 09:08 PM
Maxmeister

"It oozed the Rolling Stones," said Whitney Williams, 19. "I loved it more than you can even believe. It was orgasmic."

I've been saying this for over 40 years. It's good to see a young fan, "understands the show".

Rick

November 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

yep. we were RIGHT beside the B stage (ronnie side).
when the setlist rolled up i was kinda surprised to see a missing tune. My first thought was "damn, no PIB?"
otherwise - a great show. Mick was the man last Sunday, but this Sunday it was all about Keith. He was loud, and in charge for most of the show. great sound, tight show ... pretty good crowd. i gotta say thumbs way up.

first impressions:
1. Charlotte
2. Fresno
3. SF 1

not feeling well. t'was a long week and i'm under the weather for it. ugh. time for sleep.

I had no idea you were at this show. Dude I was sitting in section 3 row C... I was not far from you at all.
November 22nd, 2005 12:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

I've been saying this for over 40 years. It's good to see a young fan, "understands the show".

Rick

There are lots of young fans. But the tickets cost a bit more than the average teen can scrape up saving allowance money. Found a few groups of young fans without parents while cruising the upper deck in Anaheim. Some of the best people to party with at a concert!
November 22nd, 2005 03:17 PM
Mikey One of the best shows ever!

Mick was incredible (kicking the water bottle into the crowd, the awseome LIB-like scream in YCAGWYW, the Bridges to St.Louis-like dancing on JJF, Mick's "Oh Yea" call and response with the crowd after NTITRT and then adding a cheeky, whispering, "sounds pretty good Fresno".

Could not hear Chuck at all, except for the solo in HTW. Keith and Ronnie were AWESOME. Keith using the black, 72 Tele Custom for SMU, which sounded so raw. Ronnie's solo on YCAGWYW was incredible as well.

Also, loved Charlie's little extention of the ending to Satisfaction (song was over, but Charlie kicked it back up by playing for another minute, at which the band jumped back in, similar to FF's "Can't Turn Me Loose".

I've seen them 17 times on 5 tours and seriously, Fresno,IMO, was one of the best shows I've seen.

Listen to the torrent once established, I hope you agree.

Mikey
November 22nd, 2005 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
Mikey wrote:
One of the best shows ever!

Mick was incredible (kicking the water bottle into the crowd, the awseome LIB-like scream in YCAGWYW, the Bridges to St.Louis-like dancing on JJF, Mick's "Oh Yea" call and response with the crowd after NTITRT and then adding a cheeky, whispering, "sounds pretty good Fresno".

Forgot to mention his shrieking toward the end of SFTD, similiar to studio version while doing Shimmy snakes that even a young skinny Axl could only dream of.

quote:

Listen to the torrent once established, I hope you agree.

Cool! Did you tape it?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)