ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RS.COM DVD!!!! Return to archive
November 19th, 2005 07:14 PM
kath sweet motherofjeezuz...it's GREAT!!!!! i can't believe how much fun this dvd is!!!
November 19th, 2005 07:44 PM
stewed & Keefed What's on it ?
November 19th, 2005 08:03 PM
kath

well, most importantly, charlie is "wigglin" his butt!!! he is dancing backstage behind the speakers.....

interviews, tons of great shots, india show from licks, a beautioful girl talking to mick about amking films in baliwood...old archived stuff like:

it's fantastic!!! every click opens something even better than the last click!!!
November 19th, 2005 08:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
sweet motherofjeezuz...it's GREAT!!!!! i can't believe how much fun this dvd is!!!

after the length of time its taken, it should be equivalent to the Citizen Kane of music DVDs to justify the wait and the investment

Interesting that you uploaded a still of John Lee Hooker from the Atlantic City show. When this DVD was originally mentioned, that was one of the clips that was listed as being on it

How much playing time is on the DVD? And how much of the India show is included?

Nice to get it, but its hardly earth shattering in 2005 when a new tour is going on to offer a concert on DVD from an old tour where THREE shows are already commercially available.
November 19th, 2005 09:02 PM
deuce Looks interesting, I have yet for my copy to arrive..
November 19th, 2005 09:09 PM
kath wait for it...naysayers will be speechless........
November 19th, 2005 09:48 PM
glencar Mine wasn't in the mail today. I'm gonna start drinking...
November 19th, 2005 10:01 PM
Rolling1 I'm amazed that folks already have received cd's. The email stated to make sure your address was correct by 11/17/05. One would think that fan club would mail them after such date like 11/18. Now either folks live right next to warehouse or fan club mailed them early. I could be in trouble as i moved 3 months ago and just updated records date of email.
November 19th, 2005 11:32 PM
Gimme Shelter Got mine today too. I was hyped.
November 20th, 2005 04:10 AM
pdog The Fan club has fucked me a few times...
I'd be happy if they hooked me up with this DVD...
November 20th, 2005 09:44 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mine wasn't in the mail today. I'm gonna start drinking...

Glencar, drink on me, imagine it, i´m in México and each order to rs.com late 1 MONTH!!!

Kath, the pack includes DVD and...????
November 20th, 2005 10:52 AM
crb69 Now it's apparently an obligatory fullfillment for the Stones fan club to provide a DVD ONLY to members who joined up between July 2004 and May 9 2005...'Nuff Said!
November 20th, 2005 10:58 AM
deuce Dammit!

I just realized that I didn't sign up until May 10th

I guess no DVD for me. Bollocks
November 20th, 2005 11:14 AM
Jumping Jack Nice, but basically 4 Flicks outtakes. Much of it is already in circulation and from RS.com, but Kath is right about Charlie and the interviews. Why the long wait. Everything here is at least 3 years old.
November 20th, 2005 01:18 PM
kath boohoo!! yeah, it's from licks.. so what??

nobody made anybody join rs.com fan club...and it's a cool dvd. and i wish people didn't take every possible opportunity to BITCH about what they do! it's fun. that's all...it's fun. and there is nothing wrong with FUN!!!
November 21st, 2005 07:50 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER what's in the dvd?
bangalore complete show?
what kind of footage exactly?

thanks
November 21st, 2005 10:07 AM
Jumping Jack The only live footage is MR from Bangalore, Angie, and Boogie Chillin from AC 89. Some clips including Buying Suits from Bangalore, and interviews and clips that were probably shot for the website or 4 Flicks that were not released. Some parts of it were poorly converted from PAL to NTSC and are in the wrong aspect ratio.

All in all it is interesting stuff for fans, but nothing that would sell retail like The Phoenix or Hollywood Bowl shows.
November 21st, 2005 11:07 AM
Monkey Woman Remember that RS.com promised the DVD to all of us who bought a premium membership in 2002-03. But I'd bet dollars to sand that only people who payed this year will get the dvd.

Hello, Stones, remember all those fans who supported you last tour? Well, they don't feel much loved, that's for sure...
November 21st, 2005 06:29 PM
kath you'd lose that bet. i paid shortly after licks and haven't sent them a nickle since.
November 21st, 2005 07:09 PM
glencar Still not in the mail. Rogeriffin, keep those drinks coming!
November 22nd, 2005 02:59 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
kath wrote:
you'd lose that bet. i paid shortly after licks and haven't sent them a nickle since.

In that case... awesome! I'll keep fingers crossed and hope my address is still in their database! Thanks for keeping us posted about the good news, kath.
November 22nd, 2005 08:33 AM
gimmekeef Kath ...enjoy the DVD..I hope that I do when I receive mine...(hopefully)...Ahh is this something that can be torrented or treed for those that end up outta luck?....
November 22nd, 2005 08:44 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
kath wrote:
you'd lose that bet. i paid shortly after licks and haven't sent them a nickle since.

Kath, just to be sure, what year did you pay? Was it in 2002 after the 40 Licks release, or after the end of the Licks tour? IIRC, RS.com sent an email to members at the beginning of 2004, asking them to renew their membership.
November 22nd, 2005 12:40 PM
tumbled
quote:
kath wrote:
wait for it...naysayers will be speechless........

Yea Baybeeeeeee! Got mine yesterday its GREAT FUN

Love Charlie's Harlem Shuffle dance he does to loosen up.
try it ... it really does feel good to jiggle your ass...
does loosen you up! and the explanation of his drum set (old stuff he's got there). and keith's nearness of you of course is TOPS.

There ARE lots of clips in the "Keithisms" section and the Ronnie Wood Guitar explanation video that have already been available on rs.com virtual ticket.

The India and China parts and the Nearness of You video haven't been exposed before tho on rs.com.
[Edited by tumbled]
November 22nd, 2005 03:07 PM
kath see? i think it's a fun dvd. great interview with charlie about his drums and about his wigglin'.

i joined when they first said "join now in case there is a tour..." remember that? there was no tour, charlie got sick....

and then they extended our memberships...i have not paid one penny since i gave them that 100 bucks a long time ago. when they first said "in case there is a tour..."

so i got the book AND the dvd....

i think it's damn decent of the club. somebody on another board said the dvd isn't worth 100 bucks. well, d'oh! if you paid 100 bucks for a dvd, i have a bridge to sell you....

November 22nd, 2005 03:08 PM
kath oh yeah, and about the tree...they tell me it is not burnable. somebody on sdb posted a way to burn unburnable dvd's, but i have no idea how to do that. i'm sure somebody here can break the code....

November 22nd, 2005 03:33 PM
thejuf Kath, didn't charlie also wriggle his ass at the very beginning of Stones at the Max??

November 22nd, 2005 04:17 PM
kath yes, he did. but not like this, pauline...not like this.....

gurgle.....
November 23rd, 2005 10:37 AM
Navin
How's this for a real dumb question...

Got a 1-month free-trial fan club membership with my purchase of the 4-Flicks DVD some 2 years ago (but activated in January 2004)

...so any chances that I get a copy as well ?? !!

- Don't even remember if I filled out my address for that !! -
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)