ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV.....18 November - Setlist, Pics & Reviews Return to archive
November 19th, 2005 01:40 AM
LadyJane Start Time 9:49

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No, Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Angie
8. All Down The Line
9. Night Time
10. Slipping Away
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Paint it Black
18. Start Me Up
19. Satisfaction
Encore
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want
21. Brown Sugar

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
November 19th, 2005 01:46 AM
glencar Angie? I'm going to sleep!
November 19th, 2005 10:10 AM
glencar Man, that is one uninspiring set list. The sound check was interesting yet they just mailed the show in. Spice it up, boys!
November 19th, 2005 10:10 AM
corgi37 JJF opener??? is this 1969?
November 19th, 2005 12:32 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
JJF opener??? is this 1969?

Better than 1981...
November 19th, 2005 02:48 PM
glencar Whilst I'm not wild about the set lists overall, it is nice to see the opening song change. Now if they'd only knock off Angie & some of the others & pick through the catalog. I've never seen Going To A Go-Go live & I'd like to.
November 19th, 2005 04:58 PM
Martha I've been AWOL. When did Keef stop doing The Worst?
November 19th, 2005 08:52 PM
stoneslib I'm just off the plane back from Vegas, and worked through the B-stage images on the digi-cam. A quick selection for now; more to follow. Enjoy.

[Edited by stoneslib]
November 19th, 2005 08:54 PM
LadyJane WOW!!!!!!

First pics I've seen from Vegas!!

Thanks Harold....you rock!!!

LJ.
November 19th, 2005 09:46 PM
glencar Amazing shots! Were those B-stagers? You can even see the song list on Charlie's plexiglas.
November 19th, 2005 10:01 PM
stoneslib Thanks, folks. Yes, these are at B-stage.
November 19th, 2005 11:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shit harold!! Those are some really great shots... you're the man baby... you frigging rule the school
November 19th, 2005 11:22 PM
stoneslib Thanks, Gerardo. Of course, I posted the 1% "best of the best" images from the shoot first. Still, considering that these came from a compact p&s digi-cam, they are pretty amazing for sure. Next stop: LA Forum in March.

[Edited by stoneslib]
[Edited by stoneslib]
[Edited by stoneslib]
November 20th, 2005 12:06 AM
sirmoonie Great pics!

This one says it all.

November 20th, 2005 08:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL What is Woody doing with his right hand and why that perverted smile?

November 20th, 2005 03:14 PM
Lavendar Now I don't Know WHY???
But Daryll Appears to be "The Coolest Lookin Cat" >*z*< He just has a Look of Friendliness about him! *_*

Peace Bro!
November 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
Jumping Jack I spent the afternoon inside MGM watching the stage get put togther and can report that the sound check included:

Back of my Hand
Bitch
Angie
Mr Pitiful
Beast of Burden
Ain't Too Proud Too Beg
Going to a Go-Go
Rain Fall Down

I can tell you the Stones don't mail anything in, including the sound check when no one is supposed to be around.

Stones Rule You Bastards!!!
November 21st, 2005 03:31 AM
FotiniD Is Keith sporting the belt-turned-guitar strap on 3?

Great pics as always Harold
Thanks a lot!
November 21st, 2005 04:42 AM
corgi37 Awesome shots.
November 21st, 2005 10:22 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT sound check hadda be awesome to be there for.
November 21st, 2005 12:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I spent the afternoon inside MGM watching the stage get put togther and can report that the sound check included:

Back of my Hand
Bitch
Angie
Mr Pitiful
Beast of Burden
Ain't Too Proud Too Beg
Going to a Go-Go
Rain Fall Down

DAMN!!! Thats like catching your own private club show! Too cool! YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!!
November 21st, 2005 03:21 PM
Jumping Jack Very cool indeed. Here is the review from the LV paper. Check the section between the asterisks, that would be my wife and me. Good to know the press gets it's news from the fan websites, LOL!!!

By MIKE KALIL
REVIEW-JOURNAL

The lines on their craggy faces run deep. But in pegged jeans and tight T-shirts, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts all still look to have the 0 percent body fat physiques of athletic 20-year-olds.

That contrast serves as the best metaphor for the Rolling Stones' thrilling Las Vegas concert Friday night. Songs as weathered as the 60-year-old-plus men playing them came alive in a muscularly lean performance brimming with unflagging vigor and strength for two hours.

"We're just here for one night only, so we're going to make the best of it," Jagger told the screaming crowd.

This veritable rock 'n' roll institution may have been founded 43 years ago, but its members continue reveling in an unabashed disinterest in acting their ages.

Whenever guitarists Richards and Wood fell to their knees for furious solos, they jumped back to their feet with the sprightly ease of teenagers.

Stoic drummer Watts is still eschewing showy fills in favor of a clean and powerful precision behind his kit.

And it's unlikely Jagger's shoes left a square inch of the sprawling stage untouched as he danced, pranced and strutted nonstop.

Halfway through opener "Jumpin' Jack Flash," Jagger was already covered in sweat, a hip-shaking, finger-thrusting firecracker frenetically preaching to an arena brimming with true believers.

After running through R&B rocker "She's So Cold" from the 1980 album "Emotional Rescue," Jagger took a quick sip from a water bottle, sprayed the remains on the front rows, then drop-kicked it far into the audience. In a room crammed with thousands of fans, Jagger had the dumb luck of sending the plastic projectile flying 14 rows back, where the only other rock stars in the room were seated. Brandon Flowers, taking in the show with the rest of The Killers, dodged to miss it.

A four-piece horn section and a trio of backup singers joined the stage for a loose run-through of "Tumbling Dice."

Three songs from the band's return-to-form new album, "A Bigger Bang," saw the Stones delighting in raw material as fun as it is sleazy.

"Put your lips to my hips, baby/And tell me what's on your mind," Jagger sang joyously as the band cut loose on "Rough Justice."

On a stage bathed in blue light, the band played Ray Charles' classic piano blues "Night Time Is The Right Time," with backup singer Lisa Fisher confidently taking center stage to howl alongside Jagger.

The duet left me wanting more. It would have been a treat to hear Fisher's fierce growl wailing through the apocalyptic "Rape, murder/It's just a kiss away" refrain of "Gimme Shelter" had the Stones included it in their set list.

Throughout the 20-song set, (ERROR: 21 songs) the Stones' two veteran axe men tossed off electrifying guitar work with the casual ease of journeymen.

"Start Me Up" saw Wood pulling screaming notes from a sunburst Stratocaster. On "Sympathy For The Devil," Richards crouched and sauntered around backward like a voodoo charmer during his extended solo.

Encoring with "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and a somewhat bloated "Brown Sugar," the band generally hewed to set lists similar to their 35 previous shows of the tour.

But fans fortunate enough to sneak into the venue hours early likely thought they were in for something unique Friday night.

The Stones have been sound checking with "Tumbling Dice" before most concerts. On Friday afternoon, they tested sound levels with an extended warm-up, showcasing an eclectic selection of eight rarely played numbers. Among them were the "Sticky Fingers" classic "Bitch" and three funky soul covers: Otis Redding's "Mr. Pitiful," The Temptations' "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," and Smokey Robinson & the Miracles' "Going To A Go-Go."

Yet I didn't hear any fussing about the band's selections from dozens of fans interviewed after the concert.

The sell-out crowd of 14,000 was the smallest of the Stones' current tour, where they're generally playing to stadiums holding 40,000 to 80,000. That intimacy carried a price tag. Tickets' face value ran from about $150 to $468, but some fans paid up to $3,500 to scalpers or ticketing services for a pair of passes.

But fans, generally over 40 but younger than Jagger and company, weren't complaining.

"It was so awesome," said Sherry Crawford, 53, a Las Vegas sales manager who ponied up $1,500 for a pair of tickets near the stage. "I almost got to touch Mick Jagger, and they're the greatest rock band in the world."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)