ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Under The Radar, Dont Wanna Go Home Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 20th, 2005 12:32 AM
Poplar
quote:
deuce wrote:
Oh yeah? Well I say swap It Won't Take Long for Radar

yeah! ... what he said.

November 20th, 2005 06:33 AM
Jair I think both songs are old, just recycled/renewed.

Does not seems written at the same time of the rest of ABB.

And they are always doing that. See Waiting for a Friend, for example.

Loved both, anyway. Can believe they left out.

There is something really wrong in the Mick's head besides that awful wig

November 20th, 2005 10:29 PM
gotdablouse First let me say thanks for sharing! Having said that I think it's easy to understand why they were left out of ABB, they have no class! "We don't wanna go" is the bastard cousin of ONNYA, Mean Disposition, Too Tight and possibly "Wanna Hold You", that one is Keith's! UTR too possibly, Soul Survivor, Must Be Hell come to mind, with a bridge that sounds as if it's been phoned in...
[Edited by gotdablouse]
November 21st, 2005 06:45 AM
Jair Well, I would add that, imo, these two songs are better than any other present in ABB, at least for my taste.

Now they're really sounding like the Stones that I know. The lyrics also are very Stones.

See this, for example:

I phone your mother
She tried to date me
(...)
I saw your boyfriend....

And this:
I wanna dance with your sister
Though my back is aching
And all my limbs are sore
We don't wanna go home
We don't wanna go home

--> That piss me off is have to play two differents discs, you know? That makes me real MAD. Well, I burn my own CD but, wtf!! Why not a record with 17 or 18 tracks?

Also, why these fucking stereos has a button "program", instead one "skip"? It would be much more easy!
Skip SOL, play it the rest. Done!!!
But no, you have to chose all the songs you wana listen to, intead skip one or two, like SOL or BOMH.

Fucking dammit!!!

[Edited by Jair]
November 21st, 2005 02:04 PM
gimmekeef Agree with gotdablouse..Dont Wanna Go...is just a re-hash or early version of ONNYA...Although I do like the line about We Just Wanna Get Stoned....Nice additions but nothing really great here....
November 21st, 2005 03:20 PM
Rizollin Initial thoughts after listening to both songs once while having that blessed first cigarette of the day with instant coffee:

We Don't Wanna Go Home: It's like listening to Let Me Down Slow and Oh No Not You Again having sex at half-speed. Which isn't that bad since those might be my two favorites on Bang. Rhyming blister with sister, I don't know whether to laugh or throw up.

Now let's play Radar!

Under the Radar: I like it when songs stop and then start again. Cool! Wait, didn't the last song do that too? Her mother tried to date him, I love it when that happens. That laugh was sweet, I think I'll like that. The lyrics are kinda hard to hear, which is often the mark of a good Stones song, what's that he said about food? Noses and snakes? Aren't those mentioned in other Bang songs?...It's Over? That's it? Seems unfinished, but not in that ragtag Exile unfinished way...it smacks of being a bit one note. How about having Keith come in on backing vocals half way through, that would be nice.

Okay, maybe this was a bad idea, I'm most jaded after waking up and music should never be judged after one or two listens- it sure is fun though. So I'll give this battle of the Songs Intended To Take Your Money a Second Time to We Don't Wanna Go Home by a cunt-hair.
November 21st, 2005 03:36 PM
Jumacfly I m not convinced by those 2 songs.
I m sorry to say that, but Don't Stop was far better.
they sound recycled,with poor and lazy riff...
November 21st, 2005 06:44 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Jair wrote:
Well, I would add that, imo, these two songs are better than any other present in ABB, at least for my taste

Are you joking ? Well I guess it's your taste ;-)

Compare these b-sides to the b-sides that Macca put out for "Chaos and Creation" and it's clear that they are throaways while Macca's are excellent tracks (check out Summer of '59) that didn't fit in the mood of the album.

Honestly, I wonder how the Stones, with the fabulous material they have under their belt and ambitions can come up with such shallow tracks that sound like a garage band made up of teenagers, silly rock songs ? ;-) I hope they didn't waste too much studio time making "Wanna Go Home"! I for one would have preferred to see Keith spend that time crafting striking guitar lines on the released tracks.
November 21st, 2005 07:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I m not convinced by those 2 songs.
I m sorry to say that, but Don't Stop was far better.
they sound recycled,with poor and lazy riff...

wHILE i LIKE utr MYSELF, dON'T sTOP IS CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO EITHER OF these tunes. Sorry for the capslock!
November 21st, 2005 08:31 PM
Soldatti I love Don't Stop, but these two songs are very good.
November 21st, 2005 08:40 PM
Nellcote I'm having difficulty in this Macca vs. Rolling Stones item Blouse, really I am, in so much as there is no comparison.
November 21st, 2005 08:45 PM
texile the comparison could be made that macca has made an outstanding new record - songs with a connective feel, and musical originality, it doesn't feel pieced together- whereas the stones throwaways are just that - leftovers from last night's supper.
November 21st, 2005 08:48 PM
texile [quote]gotdablouse wrote:

Compare these b-sides to the b-sides that Macca put out for "Chaos and Creation" and it's clear that they are throaways while Macca's are excellent tracks (check out Summer of '59) that didn't fit in the mood of the album.

Honestly, I wonder how the Stones, with the fabulous material they have under their belt and ambitions can come up with such shallow tracks that sound like a garage band made up of teenagers, silly rock songs ? ;-)

and silly love songs.......

they should try some silly love songs......
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)