ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Rooooostah is back!
© 2005 Roostah!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Under The Radar, Dont Wanna Go Home Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 18th, 2005 05:56 PM
Back Street Girl I just heard Under The Radar and Dont Wanna Go Home,and both songs rock.
November 18th, 2005 06:57 PM
Gazza Pretty good, especially Under The Radar which was certainly worthy of release on the album.

"hes gonna kiiillllllll me/but where's his army" - love it

"Dont wanna go home" reminds me of some of the Voodoo Lounge b-sides.
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2005 06:58 PM
RollingstonesUSA Both Mick singing?
November 18th, 2005 07:00 PM
RollingstonesUSA Can u put them on here to listen? thanks!!!!
November 18th, 2005 07:07 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Can u put them on here to listen? thanks!!!!

I could,but I don't think its allowed.
November 18th, 2005 07:26 PM
Back Street Girl I think these two songs should be on the album in place of Keiths poor efforts.
[Edited by Back Street Girl]
November 18th, 2005 07:29 PM
RollingstonesUSA PUT THEM ON HERE, AHH!!!!!!!!!!, LOL
November 18th, 2005 08:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
PUT THEM ON HERE, AHH!!!!!!!!!!, LOL

I tried to send both the songs to you but the file exceeds your allowed mailbox limit

We cant post them here for legal reasons, unfortunately

but Drake over on IORR has kindly uploaded them

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,289438,page=5

Please only download it once (and save it on your PC) so as not to kill his bandwidth. The files will be up for a couple of days, it seems

November 18th, 2005 08:56 PM
Soldatti I really like Under The Radar, it sound very "Voodoo Lounge". Great guitar work (thumbs up Keith) and Mick's vocals are great too.
Don't Wanna Go Home is another by the numbers tune, it's ver catchy and good overall.

Much better than the new songs on Forty Licks (except Don't Stop) and the B2B b-side!
November 18th, 2005 09:06 PM
pdog Feel free to email them to me... I got 2 gigs of mail space!
paul dot weiner at sbcglobal dot net
I'm about to go and put a new OS on my PC, wish me luck, should be a long fun night!
Backing up files and I got to burn all those torrents I dl'd...
LOL! Fun!!!
November 18th, 2005 09:37 PM
Gazza Check that link I posted. Download it from the link that drake mentions in his post and you'll have the songs much quicker than they'll get there by e-mail
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2005 10:00 PM
glencar Thanks Gazza. I just played "Don't Wanna Go Home" & it's okay. As someone above said, it'd be better than having those 2 Keef songs on ABB.
November 18th, 2005 10:01 PM
glencar Oooh, I like this UTR song better already.
November 18th, 2005 10:05 PM
RollingstonesUSA THANKS!!!!
November 18th, 2005 10:40 PM
T&A I'll take both of these easily over almost all of the ABB tunes. The Stones decision-making apparatus is completely disfuntional. I actually think Don't Wanna Go Home (Just Wanna Get Stoned) is the better of the two.
November 18th, 2005 10:59 PM
the good UTR sounds a little like child of the moon to me. Cool tune.
November 18th, 2005 11:06 PM
Nellcote Real deal these are!
I hear Undercover period gitar in UTR...
Snarling numbers, just like we want 'em
Quite a treasure trove of songs these ABB sessions
are turning into....
November 18th, 2005 11:19 PM
Bob Tamp Dont wanna go home is definately good b-side material.
Under the Radar is really really good, and gets even better after the 3rd listen. Definately worthy of being on ABB.
November 19th, 2005 12:24 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
the good wrote:
UTR sounds a little like child of the moon to me. Cool tune.

Then I absolutely need to hear this fucking song.

Already downloading...
November 19th, 2005 02:47 AM
marko Both songs are better,than anything on "official" release
of ABB.
These songs sounds like the stones,not the product which was ready,when other guys came to studio.(charlie&ronnie).
To me,this is how stones should sound.On don´t wanna go home.You´ll notice keiths mark on the song.That mark is missing from ABB.
November 19th, 2005 03:13 AM
time is on my side After hearing these songs, it is indeed amazing that these two songs were not included on the released version of ABB. From my point of view, dump the two average Keith songs, Sweet Neocon, Look What The Cat Dragged In. It would have made a strong album that much stronger by getting rid of some of the dead weight.

A point that some are missing. The fact is these two songs are on ABB. The expanded, deluxe version. The one that's getting released just before Christmas. The one that has the DVD. The one that many diehards will be buying in addition to the ABB version they've already purchased.

You know I was expecting a couple of filler type songs. One's where the quality was not up to snuff. The fact that these have the type quality they do leads me to believe this is all part of a strategy (planned in advance) of creating a buzz so the hard core STONES fans who already have ABB will feel the need to get the expanded, deluxe version of ABB. The type of fans who go to more than just one show. The type of fans who will know there are two songs out there they don't have in the type of sound quality they're liable to get in an official release. I already know what I want for Christmas, one of my stocking stuffers (if in fact I can wait that long).

[Edited by time is on my side]
November 19th, 2005 03:26 AM
marko I don´t know,why these 2 were left out.Somethings wrong
in their camp.
November 19th, 2005 02:52 PM
Child of the Moon Under the Radar. Wow, what a good one. I'd easily have taken this over, I dunno... Streets of Love, or Biggest Mistake. Don't Wanna Go Home is also pretty killer.

Shit, there goes more of my money...
November 19th, 2005 03:02 PM
glencar I like Under The Radar but not the other one so much. This Place Wouldn't Be So Empty if they dumped one of Keith's songs for UTR.
November 19th, 2005 03:23 PM
the good I gotta say, I am really starting to like we don't want to go home. I think its the stronger of the two tracks. Keith is all over this song.
November 19th, 2005 03:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Pretty good, especially Under The Radar which was certainly worthy of release on the album.

"hes gonna kiiillllllll me/but where's his army" - love it

"Dont wanna go home" reminds me of some of the Voodoo Lounge b-sides.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yes I like Under the Radar too. Thanks tons for sending those Gazza.
November 19th, 2005 06:52 PM
Mel Belli "Radar" would've been superior in the "Driving Too Fast" slot. Great track there.
November 19th, 2005 08:46 PM
LadyJane "Radar" get a big THUMBS UP and SHOULD have been on ABB.

"Dont Wanna" is okay....

Thanks Gazza!!

LJ.
November 19th, 2005 10:21 PM
Poplar
I say swap Radar for Wont Take Long
November 20th, 2005 12:04 AM
deuce Oh yeah? Well I say swap It Won't Take Long for Radar
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)