ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today 32 years ago - Jimi celebrating his last birthday
Photo by noted philosopher, sound engineer and producer Eddie Kramer

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: In a rare interview with Mick Jagger, Elizabeth Vargas asks about his women, music and more Return to archive
11-15-01 10:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

"I find women fascinating," said Mick Jagger, whose relationships have been gossip column fodder for decades.

Being Mick
A Revealing Look at Rock Star's Life

Nov. 15 � After four decades in the public eye Mick Jagger is still a mystery.

Since the early '60s, he has led the Rolling Stones and legions of revelers through an experiential odyssey of sex, drugs and rock and roll.
In a rare interview, he revealed more of himself to ABCNEWS' Elizabeth Vargas.

Jagger admits that he loves to shock people, although he says in the band's early years, "we had no idea we were shocking anyone � we were very sweet suburban kids." As time passed, he said, "we had acerbic tongues."

They stuck those tongues out at the establishment and became rock legends, earning three platinum and 38 gold albums.

Talking About Sex

Jagger, the 58-year-old multi-millionaire showman has always had two sides. He came from a middle-class family and went on to study at the prestigious London School of Economics. And the wild rock and roller has always been a doting father � of seven children � in private.

"I think you play good cop, bad cop with your children, to a certain extent," said Jagger. "On some occasions you've got to be quite disciplinarian and other occasions you've got to be easygoing."

Despite his outrageous experiences, even Jagger has a tough time talking about sex with his kids. "It's always a difficult subject telling your children about sex," he said. "I don't think you can sit them down and tell them everything about sex in one go. You know, you just tell them sort of little things as you go along and don't make it too, kind of a big deal."

His Women

In his 40 years at the cutting edge of cool, Jagger has embraced alternative lifestyles � including liaisons with much younger women � some during his 20-year relationship with model Jerry Hall, mother of four of his seven children.

"In our society, we're supposed to be monogamous, but we're not," he said. "In other societies, you don't have to be monogamous, and we're all human beings, so supposedly we've evolved all these different systems for dealing with this."

Calling women "fascinating," he said, "It's very odd, the relationships that men have with women � Men like to still, after all this time, they like to find women mysterious."

He is reticent about discussing his relationship with Hall today. "We're very good friends. There's no question about that," he said.

Asked if he's ever truly been in love, Jagger said, "I really can't answer that question." He says he respects women, but can't answer if he'll ever marry again. "You never want to say never," says Jagger. "Whatever you say is going to be wrong, isn't it?"

Goddess in the Doorway

No matter how turbulent his love life, the one constant for Jagger has been his music. His new CD, Goddess in the Doorway, reveals a more reflective side of the legendary rocker.

"I have mystic overtones," says Jagger. "I think everyone has a spiritual side, but I'm not a very church-going, sort of regular religious person."

As for retirement, he says, "I think I can write songs for quite a long time." But he'll only perform as long as he's able to do it his way. "I like to perform in a very physical way. So I don't know how long I'll be able to do that."

ABC NEWS
11-15-01 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Mick and Elizabeth Vargas from a previous post, thanks moy

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.