ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today 32 years ago - Jimi celebrating his last birthday
Photo by noted philosopher, sound engineer and producer Eddie Kramer

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Webpage Update Return to archive
11-07-01 05:07 AM
Mathijs I have updated my webpage "The Rolling Stones in Review"

http://www.stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/

New articles:

The Low Down on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Guitar Player Magazine 1983
Revised Brussels 1973

Mathijs
11-07-01 09:36 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 cool! site! i bookmarked the site on my computer too!
11-07-01 09:46 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 I seen Mick Taylor use an Un-Reversed Gibson Firebird in pics. I don't know where they were taken.
I know Mick Taylor used on the 1969 tour Gibson SG, Gibson ES-345, and possibly a fender telecaster. I wonder if he may have used the firebird during that tour and other tours. I recognize that you forgot to put gimme shelter in the 1969 setlist. i know they played it in 1969.
11-07-01 10:03 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 here is a site of mick taylor using the gibson firedbird:
http://www.multimania.com/jpcazes/pics1.htm
11-07-01 05:44 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I can't wait to see the next updates. when will the next updates happen?
11-08-01 08:15 AM
Mathijs Thank you very much for the picture of the reversed Firebird! I have seen this picture before in some books. So apperantly Taylor used one in the studio, I have never seen him on stage with this guitar. Brian Jones played a reversed firebird in 1966, maybe this one was lying around in the studio? Keith played a reversed firebird for the vidoe of It's Only Rock and Roll, but not on stage.

Further, I forgot Gimme Shelter in the 1969 setlist, thanks for noticing! I plan to update the guitar lowdown every three weeks.

Mathijs
11-11-01 12:00 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I can't wait to see what Keith played from 1972 to present also!
11-15-01 11:55 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 While you are at it add those pics that you mentioned that appeared on the 1970 european tour and 1969 usa tour!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.