ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just in time for Christmas! (nsc) Return to archive
18th November 2007 06:02 PM
gypsy World's first 'robot' guitar tunes itself
Six nonstandard tunings also available at the push of a button
By Jill Serjeant
Reuters
updated 2:39 p.m. CT, Wed., Nov. 14, 2007
LOS ANGELES - Ever get mad trying to figure out why your version of "Voodoo Child" doesn't sound like Jimi Hendrix?

Help is at hand from what is described as the world's first robot guitar — an electric guitar that not only keeps itself in tune even after string changes but also allows players to access six nonstandard tunings at the push of a button.

After 15 years of research, Gibson Guitar is launching a limited edition Les Paul Robot Guitar next month that has set players abuzz with both enthusiasm and skepticism.

"It will not make you a better guitar player but it will allow the average player to access some very sophisticated tunings," Gibson Guitar Chief Executive Henry Juszkiewicz told Reuters on Tuesday.

The six nonstandard preset tunings were used on hits ranging from "Honky Tonk Women" by The Rolling Stones and Hendrix's "Voodoo Child" to Led Zeppelin's "Going to California" and Joni Mitchell's "The Circle Game."

Gibson says the robot guitar is aimed at amateurs who have a hard time keeping their guitars in tune, as well as professionals who now use technicians during concerts to keep about 100 guitars tuned to different keys.

"Professional guitar players use a lot of different tuning and people who listen to the stars wonder why they can't reproduce the same sound themselves," Juszkiewicz said.

Temperature variations, changing strings and simply playing the instrument have long been tuning challenges for guitarists with even the best musical ear.

But some have already poured scorn on the robot guitar.

"I'm sorry, this is just lazy. With stuff like this, tuning is going to be a lost skill," wrote LettheBassPlay on the www.ultimate-guitar.com Web site forum.

Gibson said the robot guitar is the biggest advance in electric guitar design in more than 70 years.

"It's very addictive," Juszkiewicz said.

Gibson will launch 4,000 limited edition, blue silverburst Les Gibson Robot Guitars around the world on December 7 at a price in the region of $2,500. It expects to roll out a standard robot edition starting in January 2008.

18th November 2007 06:20 PM
Joey

Gypsy .........................

Last night my sheep was acting all stand-offish . Every single time I tried to look her in the eye or kiss her , she would turn away . I'd go around and try to make eye contact again and again until we were forming a rather fast counter-clockwise circle . It was friggin maddening!!! Then I grabbed a leg and ticked her hoof .

She fell into me arms just a laughing and a laughing .....

We made love on flannel sheets until her wool burned off .

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody !

JACKY ! ™
19th November 2007 10:57 AM
Shmoey wwwhhhhhhaaaatttt????
oh sure.......

****ABRUPT AND IMMEDIATE END OF TRANSMISSION.
GARY COLEMAN IS HOLLERING, THAT HE'S SUPERGLUED
HIMSELF TO HIS HILARY CLINTON BLOW-UP DOLL*****

Moon approved!!!!!!! Kins!!!!

Ronnnniecakes!!!
19th November 2007 11:13 AM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gypsy .........................

Last night my sheep was acting all stand-offish . Every single time I tried to look her in the eye or kiss her , she would turn away . I'd go around and try to make eye contact again and again until we were forming a rather fast counter-clockwise circle . It was friggin maddening!!! Then I grabbed a leg and ticked her hoof .

She fell into me arms just a laughing and a laughing .....

We made love on flannel sheets until her wool burned off .

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody !

JACKY ! ™

That is funny stuff, right there, Joey!
19th November 2007 11:18 AM
Shmoey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That is funny stuff, right there, Joey!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)