ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who has read RONNIE? Return to archive
16th November 2007 05:14 PM
fireontheplatter i read from chapter 10 to 20 today....these are all pretty much about the coke and wine days. i had to put it down and come up for air.

i especially enjoyed the part when keith and ron and the drug lord dude and some other guy got pulled over and arrested in arkansas and then eventually the whole town and neighbouring towns start showing up for autographs.

i am enjoying the read.

any other thoughts out there?

16th November 2007 05:21 PM
mojoman are there any drink or refreshment recipe's in the back?
16th November 2007 05:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:
are there any drink or refreshment recipe's in the back?

i don't know. i haven't finished the book yet.
16th November 2007 05:25 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
are there any drink or refreshment recipe's in the back?

He is coming out with a book on how to make lines into animal figures.
16th November 2007 05:39 PM
doo doo doo Dude Is it worth reading? I've heard mixed things about it. Just finished Clapton's book which was just OK.
16th November 2007 05:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i especially enjoyed the part when keith and ron and the drug lord dude and some other guy got pulled over and arrested in arkansas and then eventually the whole town and neighbouring towns start showing up for autographs.

The "some other guy" was none other than Jim Callaghan, surely....

I havent bought it yet - but got an e-mail from PanMacmillan books this evening that I'm one of the winners in their competition for a copy of it - it was advertised on here a while back, I think.

Signed copy & poster apparently - yes!! Guess it makes up for him being the only Stone I didnt actually see at the hotels in Lisbon or Madrid.

[Edited by Gazza]
16th November 2007 05:57 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Is it worth reading? I've heard mixed things about it.

sure it is. weather you believe it or not. it is definitly taking me on a journey.
the story he tells about the new barbarians is fantastic.

listen to me.....go buy it and enjoy it.
there. i said it.
16th November 2007 06:00 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The "some other guy" was none other than Jim Callaghan, surely....

I havent bought it yet - but got an e-mail from PanMacmillan books this evening that I'm one of the winners in their competition for a copy of it - it was advertised on here a while back, I think.

for better or worse....its a cool read.

enjoy it. i know you will.

16th November 2007 06:38 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
sure it is. weather you believe it or not. it is definitly taking me on a journey.
the story he tells about the new barbarians is fantastic.

listen to me.....go buy it and enjoy it.
there. i said it.

Thanks fotp. It's hard not to love Ronnie and I'm sure he's got great stories to tell. I'll pick it up this weekend.
16th November 2007 06:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Thanks fotp. It's hard not to love Ronnie and I'm sure he's got great stories to tell. I'll pick it up this weekend.

if he made the stories up or not is really up to you to decide....what the hell do i know. i wasn't there when they were riding around on the flatbed truck in the city and this dude does a u turn out from going into the subway because he suddeny hears the stones playing outside and then he yells up to ronnie.....hey man you promised me free tickets. and ronnie looks at him like....do i know you?

everybody must have said owww that morning.

16th November 2007 06:45 PM
Gimme Shelter I thought it was well written and a very easy read. Especially finding out that it was really Ronnie who was messin’ with Trudeau. I really enjoyed it, but I liked the Clapton book too. Pattie Boyd also now has a book out.
16th November 2007 07:37 PM
Bitch Congrats GAZZA! You lucky dog!!

I'm reading the book a chapter a day, 34 chapters so it should take about a month. I LOVE the book, not because RONNIE is a literary genious, but because of the cool stories. There are many, but a few that stood out are:

Ronnie & M. Trudeau had a fling.

Ronnie (Krissie)& George Harrison wife swapped (Patty).

Ronnie and Rod Stewart liked to play 'Doctor' together with various women, undressing them and examining their bodies!! LOL!!

CLAPTON had a fling with Barbara Streisand!! LOL!!

KEEF had a gun that he was wreckless with and it could have landed him in jail if he wasnt so lucky.

John Belushi called Ronnie & Jo the night he died, and he was probably looking for someone to help him. They were alseep when the call came in, and the next day John was found dead. If that call got thru, he could be alive today.

Rock history facts, so many its a who's-who of the music biz that RONNIE was a part of it all right from the start.

So much more, and it's an easy read. Fun too.

16th November 2007 07:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Congrats GAZZA! You lucky dog!!

I'm reading the book a chapter a day, 34 chapters so it should take about a month. I LOVE the book, not because RONNIE is a literary genious, but because of the cool stories. There are many, but a few that stood out are:

Ronnie & M. Trudeau had a fling.

Ronnie (Krissie)& George Harrison wife swapped (Patty).

Ronnie and Rod Stewart liked to play 'Doctor' together with various women, undressing them and examining their bodies!! LOL!!

CLAPTON had a fling with Barbara Streisand!! LOL!!

KEEF had a gun that he was wreckless with and it could have landed him in jail if he wasnt so lucky.

John Belushi called Ronnie & Jo the night he died, and he was probably looking for someone to help him. They were alseep when the call came in, and the next day John was found dead. If that call got thru, he could be alive today.

Rock history facts, so many its a who's-who of the music biz that RONNIE was a part of it all right from the start.

So much more, and it's an easy read. Fun too.

one chapter a day was my original plan too.

just you wait 'till chapter 10.....you'll be speeding like a bullet.
17th November 2007 12:24 AM
oldkr its a shit book, a true disappointment, glad I didnt have to pay for it.

OLDKR
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)