ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dec 30 benefit for Albert Maysles in NYC Return to archive
16th November 2007 10:40 AM
Stonesdoug I hope this post finds all well. I wanted to post about a benefit that oldkr and I have set up to help out the Maysles Institute.

It will occur on Sunday 12/30 at the Maysles Institute on Lenox Ave in NYC. The institute's main goal is to give movie cameras to the children of Harlem so that they can film their lives and send DVDs to their parents who are currently incarcerated. We were fortunate to have lunch with Albert last month and he started telling me about all this unseen movie footage he has and also about how he is trying to make money for the institute and I suggested doing a benefit. He showed me some of what he has and it is incredible and I gladly volunteered to help out his institute.

The benefit is limited to 75 people and I still have about 20 tickets left, so if you are interested in being part of this once in a lifetime event, please email me back.
The donations are as follows

$75. private screening of unseen footage at the Institue along with a question and answer with Albert about his time with the Stones in 1969

$125 cocktail hour plus screening

$500 private dinner at Albert's home, cocktail party and screening.

Most of your contribution will be tax-deductible

If you'd like to join in, please email me at [email protected]
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
16th November 2007 10:46 AM
Shmoey
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
I The institute's main goal is to give movie cameras to the children of Harlem so that they can film their lives and send DVDs to their parents who are currently incarcerated.

16th November 2007 10:52 AM
EELPIE Joey?

16th November 2007 10:55 AM
LadyJane Nice of you to think of us, Doug.
Don't mind the RO Vandals.
They just can't behave.

LJ.
16th November 2007 10:58 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
The institute's main goal is to give movie cameras to the children of Harlem so that they can film their lives and send DVDs to their parents who are currently incarcerated.

Oh my...

This is going to make Altamont look like The Care Bears Go to Lollipop island!

16th November 2007 11:03 AM
Shmoey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh my...

This is going to make Altamont look like The Care Bears Go to Lollipop island!

16th November 2007 11:37 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
no one has seen this film since 1969. These arent' the clippings left behind on the floors. They are rolls and rolls of unbelievable performances, candid backstage segments, full recording mixes, the full photo session of Charlie on the donkey with Mick running up and down the freeway in the freezing cold. And then theres the never before seen performances. SFTD is the best I've ever seen. Maybe the same with Rambler. There's a set list I won't spoil, but one could figure out. There's backstage stuff. It's very, very, very special. And since it doesn't have a chance of seeing the light of day ever, it's your one and only chance to see it before it gets shipped to Stones land where they may or may not release it.

Emailing now!
16th November 2007 11:40 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Emailing now!

If the event weren't so close to the Holidays, I'd make the trek.

Sounds phenomenal. And you KNOW once it hits the Vaults, it'll be gone.

LJ.
16th November 2007 11:53 AM
Gazza Nice work, guys. Sounds terrific.
16th November 2007 11:59 AM
glencar I'd love to do this but sadly, I'll be working that night. If I can make it, I'll know right after the Turkey Day holiday. I hope that's not too late...
16th November 2007 01:50 PM
Lazy Bones Hi, Doug.

Well, indeed...

I noticed the post on shidoobee about a month ago and at that time it appeared as though the 75 spots were full with a healthy waiting list.

Unfortunately, it won't work for me, but thanks for offering the opportunity here!

Cheers.

J.
17th November 2007 09:08 AM
Bitch Thanks Doug! I signed up to go - watching the Stones rare clips will cause my eyes to glaze over, lol!! And theres always an afterparty where the Stones people will be ready to discuss all aspects of the event and the history behind the movie. Sounds good to me!
17th November 2007 09:53 PM
TomL Thanks my good friend, I will be in FLA still for x-mas.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)