ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Oasis tune- best song of 2007? Return to archive
15th November 2007 09:13 PM
ShaneJazz Ok, I might be getting carried away, but it's a great song. Have a look....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7NTRPKfUtw
15th November 2007 09:41 PM
gotdablouse Huh ! Another stolen riff and do I hear the "A Day in the Life" progression at the end, even by their low standards I'd give it a C.
15th November 2007 10:09 PM
Dino37 Yes one of the better tunes of the year. Solid band.
16th November 2007 01:56 AM
IanBillen
Good tune. Kinda Dylan-esk if you will, with a Yard birds/Cream base.

Although I really have not a whole lot of respect for Oasis based on their statements on The Stones and Beatles.

They are a good group I admit but I surely would not place them as "great" regardless of any statements they have or have not made.

Ian
16th November 2007 02:34 AM
mrhipfl I hate the vocals.
16th November 2007 05:33 AM
lotsajizz I love Oasis
16th November 2007 06:58 AM
jostorm
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I love Oasis

Me, too.
lotsajizz: you recommended a website for vaporizers a while ago, can't find the thread. Could you repost it, please, and also which model do you highly recommend???
16th November 2007 06:58 AM
Sioux Mid way through the video, exactly HOW many guys are
wearing black & white striped Brian Jones' type jumpers???
Pretty good song...yeah, a bit of a Yardbirds sound
there.
16th November 2007 07:15 AM
speedfreakjive cool tune,
16th November 2007 07:33 AM
corgi37 Good Lord. 1999 is gone. Cool Brittania is over. Say goodbye. Greasy haired fuckers in water proof coats are so old hat. Never caught on in America. No. Too white. Goodbye.

Oh, still popular in wog land?

Like anyone cares.

16th November 2007 09:04 AM
Mr Jurkka I hate oasis! This is just that britis pop-rock shit.

Rolling stones do the songs solid, dirty and rock.. not pop shit. This is my opinion.. i just dont get no satisfaction from oasis and britis pop-rock.
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
16th November 2007 09:07 AM
full moon Generic, Oasis by the numbers.. Lame lyrics and no vocal inflictions at all. Monotone crap.. If you think this is the best song of the year, get a hearing test and never post here again!!!
[Edited by full moon]
16th November 2007 09:47 AM
gimmekeef Hey its all subjective.If you like it great..play the shit out of it...For me these pompous fucks can get stuffed like my Thanksgiving turkey next week!
16th November 2007 09:52 AM
Lazy Bones "best song of 2007"? maybe for oasis - certainly not overall.
16th November 2007 09:58 AM
Ade
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hey its all subjective.If you like it great..play the shit out of it...For me these pompous fucks can get stuffed like my Thanksgiving turkey next week!

Pleasant enough tune, but as stated above,
it's 'Oasis by numbers'

As a recording act, they've been churning out mediocre,
Radio 2 stuff like this, for many a year now.
The glory days of 'Acquiese' being deemed only good enough for a b-side, are sadly, long gone.
They're still a fearsome and exciting live act... an Oasis mosh pit is unlike any other i've experienced.

Best tune of 2007 ?
listen to Arcade Fire's album 'Neon Bible', and stick a pin in any of the wonderful songs, on there.
Album of the year, in my opinion.
16th November 2007 11:18 AM
Dino37
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Good Lord. 1999 is gone. Cool Brittania is over. Say goodbye. Greasy haired fuckers in water proof coats are so old hat. Never caught on in America. No. Too white. Goodbye.

Like anyone cares.

Go shag a marsupial you fag nutter.
16th November 2007 11:37 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Me, too.
lotsajizz: you recommended a website for vaporizers a while ago, can't find the thread. Could you repost it, please, and also which model do you highly recommend???

I can not reccomend the "Vapir One" model, version 5.0, highly enough.
I got my last one from this web site www.air-2.com

"Since the dawn of time, humans have burned plants, inhaling unhealthy compounds from the burning that aren't found in the original plant. The Vapir™ line of vaporizers and vaporization products from Air-2 changes all that, releasing an herb's essential material without many of the toxic elements created by smoking.
Imagine a smoker who uses a vaporizer with tobacco instead of smoking it. No visible tar, little or no carbon monoxide. Vaporization yields only the pure flavor and active substance of the tobacco without the carcinogenic byproducts."

They're down to $160 or so, a 20% drop in market price in the last three years. I beg all of those who indulge to make the switch!!

16th November 2007 11:57 AM
polytoxic I like it. It's Oasis-by-numbers as much as Neighbours would be Stones-by-numbers, which is to say it's a good thing. Not ground breaking, not mind blowing, but good rock'n'roll. Which there ain't enough of these days.
16th November 2007 12:01 PM
glencar It's alright, nothing earthshaking.
16th November 2007 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
Ok, I might be getting carried away, but it's a great song. Have a look....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N7NTRPKfUtw

Is Zak Starkey playing drums on the tune ?!

Will he still tour with the band ?!

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/

Please ..... I's needs to's knows .

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
16th November 2007 12:35 PM
glencar Bring back Blowey; he's much more interesting than this Joey clown.
16th November 2007 01:51 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Joey wrote:

Is Zak Starkey playing drums on the tune ?!

Will he still tour with the band ?!

Yes and yes. And we will be on the new album as well. Speaking of which:

Oasis Won't Give Fans Option Of Paying What They Want For Next Album
Thursday November 15, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Oasis
While Oasis have no record company commitments as they record their seventh album, don't expect the British rockers to follow Radiohead's example in releasing it.

Singer Liam Gallagher told Reuters that if the band are going to work hard in the studio to create a new record, it would have to be over his "dead body" that people would be permitted to download it and pay whatever they felt like for it.

Oasis have been working on the album with producer Dave Sardy, who also helmed 2005's Don't Believe The Truth. Gallagher said that everyone in the group have contributed material, and not just his older brother, guitarist and primary songwriter Noel Gallagher. The album is expected to be finished by mid-December and the band will fly to Los Angeles to mix it after Christmas in anticipation of a release next August.

The Gallagher brothers are known for their bickering, and Liam said that Noel tinkered in the studio with the last album to its detriment and that he hopes that he's learned a lesson to not do that again.

Oasis haven't been shy about their Beatles and Rolling Stones influences, and Liam said that their new studio effort will compare to the respective seventh albums from those bands, Revolver and Beggars Banquet.
16th November 2007 07:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Good Lord. 1999 is gone. Cool Brittania is over. Say goodbye. Greasy haired fuckers in water proof coats are so old hat. Never caught on in America. No. Too white. Goodbye.

Like anyone cares.

The Gallagher brothers are cunts, but I guess they're still better than The Eagles, no?
16th November 2007 08:52 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
16th November 2007 10:46 PM
guitarman53 The late George Harrison called them rubbish when he had to comment on Oasis
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubbish
Urban Dictionary: rubbish
[Edited by guitarman53]
17th November 2007 03:40 AM
corgi37 A fag nutter? hahahahaha. Good one.
Gypsy - you are soooo right.

I actually like Noel. I think he is very funny.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)