ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 50 Greatest TV Icons Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th November 2007 10:05 AM
Lil Brian Roseanne ahead of Jackie Gleason? Gimme a break!

Johnny Carson Crowned the Number One TV Icon in TV Land and Entertainment Weekly's The 50 Greatest TV Icons

NEW YORK, Nov. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Legendary Johnny Carson -- the "King of Late Night TV" -- is ranked the number one TV icon in Entertainment Weekly and TV Land Present: The 50 Greatest TV Icons, premiering on Friday, November 16 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The two-hour TV Land special looks at individuals like Carson in addition to the great Lucille Ball and the hilarious Jerry Seinfeld, who have all made their indelible mark in TV history. The complete list will be revealed in the TV Land Original special and in Entertainment Weekly's annual DVD issue on stands that day. The magazine feature celebrates each icon's contribution to television along with DVD recommendations from each of the icons' work. The TV special is produced by Gay Rosenthal Productions.

The 50 Greatest TV Icons features original talent interviews and archival clips of the entertainers who made the list as well as those who have been deeply influenced by them. From Oprah Winfrey to Simon Cowell and Susan Lucci to Homer Simpson, this countdown special showcases the stars who made a huge impact on television and continue to stand the test of time.

Viewers will be invited to text their choices for who they believe should be the #1 icon during the special's premiere. Viewers' top picks will be featured throughout the show with the final tabulated #1 viewers' choice revealed at the end of the special.

The 50 Greatest TV Icons by the numbers: -- 12 Icons from the classic era (1950s-1960s); 21 Icons from the 1970s-1980s and 17 Icons from the modern era (1990s-2000s). -- There are 22 Comedy Icons; 10 Drama Icons; 8 Variety Icons; 5 Talk Show Icons; 2 News Icons; 1 Soap Icon; 1 Game Show Icon and 1 Sports Icon. -- There are 29 Men; 17 Women; 2 Non-human; 1 Animated and 1 Ensemble Cast. The list of The 50 Greatest TV Icons in numerical order: 50. Larry Hagman 49. Calista Flockhart 48. Jimmy Smits 47. Simon Cowell 46. Lassie 45. Sarah Michelle Gellar 44. Susan Lucci 43. Flip Wilson 42. James Gandolfini 41. Jon Stewart 40. Sally Field 39. Jennifer Aniston 38. Bea Arthur 37. George Clooney 36. Diahann Carroll 35. Michael J. Fox 34. Bob Barker 33. Ellen DeGeneres 32. Henry Winkler 31. Sarah Jessica Parker 30. Alan Alda 29. John Ritter 28. Howard Cosell 27. Regis Philbin 26. Farrah Fawcett 25. Heather Locklear 24. Michael Landon 23. Barbara Walters 22. Milton Berle 21. Kermit 20. Carroll O'Connor 19. Andy Griffith 18. William Shatner 17. Bob Newhart 16. David Letterman 15. "Not Ready for Primetime Players" 14. Ed Sullivan 13. Jackie Gleason 12. Dick Van Dyke 11. Roseanne 10. Dick Clark 9. Homer Simpson 8. Jerry Seinfeld 7. Mary Tyler Moore 6. Carol Burnett 5. Walter Cronkite 4. Bill Cosby 3. Oprah Winfrey 2. Lucille Ball 1. Johnny Carson
15th November 2007 10:37 AM
Joey " Johnny Carson Crowned the Number One TV Icon in TV Land and Entertainment Weekly's The 50 Greatest TV Icons "

< ----- You bet your Sweet Bippy --- Johnny is/was THE KING !!!!!!

Yes , Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji --- Oh , OH Little Fiji .... Lil' Fiji ) . I miss Johnny something FIERCE !!!!!

" Nebraska's GREATEST Export Ronnie ! "

15th November 2007 10:46 AM
Play With Fire

I'd add Herman Munster and Gilligan to the list.

15th November 2007 10:58 AM
Joey

15th November 2007 12:19 PM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:

< ----- You bet your Sweet Bippy

15th November 2007 12:31 PM
mojoman mike wallace
jeanie
marsha brady
15th November 2007 12:40 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
mike wallace
jeanie
marsha brady

Indeed you are strong as the Emperor has forseen .
15th November 2007 12:53 PM
Blowey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
mike wallace
jeanie
marsha brady

" Lil Joey
Lil Joey Living in hack world
They don't know how to handle her
She knows what they do
and knows how they play
the mens room is his refuge
the safety zone
yet with 3 hits up the butt a day, he is
all alone'
You see him pop his ugly head up here
back to Rocks Off in despair
but Lil Joey knows just what their (sic) up to
and fo rthat, they hate her!!!! "
15th November 2007 02:37 PM
gimmekeef Calista Flockhart?..and no Bob Hope?????????
16th November 2007 07:13 AM
Gazza God help us. An American Tv poll and the only "import" mentioned is that fuckwit Simon Cowell - who should have been gassed years ago for crimes against music.
16th November 2007 07:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Who did they poll....McDonald's customers?
16th November 2007 07:27 AM
jostorm
quote:
Gazza wrote:
God help us. An American Tv poll and the only "import" mentioned is that fuckwit Simon Cowell - who should have been gassed years ago for crimes against music.

Quick, check in the mirror! I can feel the black moustache sprouting from here...
16th November 2007 08:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 1. The grossly underrated Rod Serling
2. Eddie Haskell
3. Barney Fife
4. Gunsmoke cast
5. Bugs Bunny
6. Captain Kirk & various girlfriends
7. The Lone Ranger
8. Ed Sullivan
9. Dick Clark
10. Fred Flintstone
16th November 2007 10:03 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
God help us. An American Tv poll and the only "import" mentioned is that fuckwit Simon Cowell - who should have been gassed years ago for crimes against music.

Gazza .............................

What time will you be arriving at The Brazen Head this evening ?!

9 ish ?! ...... 9:30 CDT .

Samantha , Kristin & Jay are the bartenders and I believe some band called ' The Turfmen ' will be performing . Yes , you know how that Irish music can absolutely GRATE on the nerves after awhile ...

Developing ......

Shiver ..........

Skittles ! ™
16th November 2007 10:27 AM
Shmoey

Foxy, Foxy
You know you are a cute little heart breaker
Foxy, yeah,
And you know you are a sweet little lover maker
Foxy

I wanna take you home,haha, yeah
I won't do you no harm
You've got to be all mine, all mine
ooh Foxy Lady
Foxy, Foxy

Now-a I see you come down on the scene
oh Foxy
You make me wanna get up and-a scream
Foxy, oh baby listen now
I've made up my mind,
I'm tired of wasting all my precious time
You've got to be all mine, all mine

Ooh, Foxy Lady
Ooh, Foxy Lady, yeah yeah
You look so good, Foxy
oh yeah Foxy
yeah, give us some, Foxy
Foxy Lady
Foxy Lady
Foxy Lady
16th November 2007 11:39 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
The 50 Greatest TV Icons by the numbers: -- 12 Icons from the classic era (1950s-1960s); 21 Icons from the 1970s-1980s and 17 Icons from the modern era (1990s-2000s). -- There are 22 Comedy Icons; 10 Drama Icons; 8 Variety Icons; 5 Talk Show Icons; 2 News Icons; 1 Soap Icon; 1 Game Show Icon and 1 Sports Icon. -- There are 29 Men; 17 Women; 2 Non-human; 1 Animated and 1 Ensemble Cast. The list of The 50 Greatest TV Icons in numerical order: 50. Larry Hagman 49. Calista Flockhart 48. Jimmy Smits 47. Simon Cowell 46. Lassie 45. Sarah Michelle Gellar 44. Susan Lucci 43. Flip Wilson 42. James Gandolfini 41. Jon Stewart 40. Sally Field 39. Jennifer Aniston 38. Bea Arthur 37. George Clooney 36. Diahann Carroll 35. Michael J. Fox 34. Bob Barker 33. Ellen DeGeneres 32. Henry Winkler 31. Sarah Jessica Parker 30. Alan Alda 29. John Ritter 28. Howard Cosell 27. Regis Philbin 26. Farrah Fawcett 25. Heather Locklear 24. Michael Landon 23. Barbara Walters 22. Milton Berle 21. Kermit 20. Carroll O'Connor 19. Andy Griffith 18. William Shatner 17. Bob Newhart 16. David Letterman 15. "Not Ready for Primetime Players" 14. Ed Sullivan 13. Jackie Gleason 12. Dick Van Dyke 11. Roseanne 10. Dick Clark 9. Homer Simpson 8. Jerry Seinfeld 7. Mary Tyler Moore 6. Carol Burnett 5. Walter Cronkite 4. Bill Cosby 3. Oprah Winfrey 2. Lucille Ball 1. Johnny Carson

Calista Anorexic Flockhart?!?! Somebody really fucked up!

Let me add a few.

16th November 2007 11:41 AM
Barney Fife

16th November 2007 12:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

Amen !!!!

Johnny Carson LOVED Red Foxx and had him on his show regularly ( ...unlike me bowel movements ) .

16th November 2007 12:26 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Calista Flockhart?..and no Bob Hope?????????

You took the words right outta my mouth, er, right offa my keyboard!
16th November 2007 12:26 PM
Joey " You took the words right outta my mouth, er, right offa my keyboard! "

16th November 2007 12:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza .............................

What time will you be arriving at The Brazen Head this evening ?!

9 ish ?! ...... 9:30 CDT .

Samantha , Kristin & Jay are the bartenders and I believe some band called ' The Turfmen ' will be performing . Yes , you know how that Irish music can absolutely GRATE on the nerves after awhile ...

Developing ......

Shiver ..........

Skittles ! ™

Your fantasies are growing increasingly disturbing. Please visit the Omaha Psych Hospital ASAP!
16th November 2007 12:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" You took the words right outta my mouth, er, right offa my keyboard! "

You stole that from Blowey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey " You stole that ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

mojoman jed clampett
steve mcgarrett
maxwell smart
mr t
hasselhoff.....
16th November 2007 12:30 PM
mojoman beaver
16th November 2007 12:30 PM
mojoman charlie brown
16th November 2007 12:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" You stole that ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Gotta go get some tacos!
16th November 2007 12:31 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Calista Flockhart?..and no Bob Hope?????????

i would put gumby in before calista foreskin
16th November 2007 12:33 PM
glencar Bea Arthur??? George fucking Clooney?????? This is like one of those "50 Best Guitarists" lists that TTM is always finding. It's worthless.
16th November 2007 12:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bea Arthur??? George fucking Clooney?????? This is like one of those "50 Best Guitarists" lists that TTM is always finding. It's worthless.

i'd put adrianne barbeau on the list instead of bea arthur
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)