ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: James Jagger may play Mick Jagger in new film. Return to archive
11th November 2007 02:34 PM
steel driving hammer From The Sunday Times

November 11, 2007

Jack Flash Jr James may play Jagger in filmOlivia Cole
TO A heady soundtrack of the Rolling Stones’ early hits, from Little Red Rooster, to Paint it Black and Ruby Tuesday, the birth of the band is to be recreated in a £5m movie to be shot next year.

Rolling Stoned, based on the memoirs of Andrew Loog Oldham, the band’s Svengali-type manager, and directed by Julien Temple, who made The Great Rock ’n’ Roll Swindle about the Sex Pistols, it will fuse fact and rock fictions, interweaving dramatic recreations with archive footage.

Sir Mick Jagger’s son, James, 21, will be asked to play his father, who was 19 when the Stones began making hits in the early 1960s.

His parents’ acting appearances - Jagger in the 1970 London gangster film Performance and Jerry Hall on stage as Mrs Robinson in The Graduate - got mixed reviews, but James’s stage debut this year was well received.

“If you’re trying to examine Mick Jagger, what could be better than someone coded with the Jagger gene,” said Peter Martin, of Surreal Films, who is joint producer of the film with Andrew Melchior. “If you’re looking for a young Mick Jagger and a young Keith Richards, I think the first place to look is in their own families.”

James’s siblings include Jade (daughter of Bianca Jagger), who has been a jewellery designer for Garrard, and Elizabeth, who is a successful model.

Jagger’s songwriting partner, Keith Richards, has four children - including Marlon, a photographer and graphic designer whose mother is Anita Pallenberg, the Italian-born model and actress. Richards also two daughters, Theodora and Alexandra, from his marriage to the model Patti Hansen.

Martin said: “There’s a whole young crew today that have taken their look and their style from the Stones. If you go into the Hawley Arms in Camden [north London], it actually looks like it’s still 1966 from some angles. That’s going to be part of our approach - to people the film with modern icons. We want our recreated scenes to look like archive material that has just been found.”

James Jagger’s agent and a spokesman for the Rolling Stones declined to comment on the plans.

Loog Oldham first encountered the band in the spring of 1963. He said later: “I knew what I was looking at - it was sex and I was 48 hours ahead of the pack.” He managed the Rolling Stones until their business relationship broke down in 1967 and the script will draw on his two books, Stoned and Too Stoned. Reflecting this week, Loog Oldham described his years with the Stones as success “beyond anyone’s wildest dream”.

The film is set at a time when Brian Jones, who died in 1969 aged 27, was still at the heart of the band. Their circle included the Beatles, Bob Dylan and the singer Marianne Faithfull, Jagger’s girlfriend until 1970.

11th November 2007 02:42 PM
fireontheplatter i'm not into that idea..its an unfair advantage for him.
i thought val kilmore played an awesome jim morrison in the movie, the doors.
i think they should look further for another talent.

11th November 2007 03:04 PM
BONOISLOVE It will definitely be a romantic adventure with visual grandeur and magnificence; a timeless love story set against the background of major historical events; an astonishing movie that exemplifies hope, love and many little people.
11th November 2007 06:30 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i'm not into that idea..its an unfair advantage for him.
i thought val kilmore played an awesome jim morrison in the movie, the doors.
i think they should look further for another talent.

Dude, Kilmer sucked!
11th November 2007 07:05 PM
Gazza Kilmer was excellent. Unfortunately, Oliver Stone sucked.
11th November 2007 07:22 PM
fireontheplatter i don't know about you, but i'm going to get my kicks before this whole shithouse goes up in flames....ALRIGHT

the fucking giants fucking suck...fuck fuck fuck
12th November 2007 01:18 PM
Gimme Shelter Rolling Stoned
The birth of the band is to be recreated in a £5m movie to be shot next year: Rolling Stoned, based on the memoirs of Andrew Loog Oldham and directed by Julien Temple, it will fuse fact and rock fictions, interweaving dramatic recreations with archive footage.

If everything goes as planned, I definitely suggest to Andrew and Julien not to overlook one of the best sources for the events which took place within the early years: Phelge's stunning book Nankering with the Rolling Stones!

13th November 2007 02:52 AM
Zack What a horrible name for the movie. Like usual, I disagree wholeheartedly with platter. James is a great choice.
13th November 2007 06:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels LOOG OLDHAM UPSET ABOUT ROLLING STONES FILM RUMOUR
World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-11-12 23:24:02

LATEST: Former ROLLING STONES manager ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM has blasted reports MICK JAGGER's son JAMES will play the rocker in the upcoming adaptation of his book STONED - because he has only just completed the screenplay.

The revered music mogul was astonished to read an article in British newspaper The Times, in which his former secretary Andy Melchoir revealed all about a film project he's reportedly producing.

Oldham insists there is no Stoned movie, a director or a potential cast because he has only just started circulating his 120-page screenplay to his Hollywood contacts.

The former svengali says, "I'm very pleased with the screenplay and I'm amazingly over-sensitive about my legacy, heritage, relationship... with The Rolling Stones.

The managerial spark doesn't die.
"And one just gets p**sed off that someone could read this and think, 'Oh my God, another one (film).' "I'm really concerned by what Mick (Jagger), Keith (Richards) and Charlie (Watts) think." Loog Oldham insists he doesn't have a cast in mind and he'd like to direct it himself.
He adds, "Let's just say it's not going to be the next Will Ferrell film...

My screenplay goes back to the time when people were getting it right - That'll Be The Day and Quadrophenia. Those are my models."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th November 2007 09:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ROLLING STONES - STONES MANAGER CONSIDERS SOUND-ALIKES FOR BIOPIC
contactmusic.com
13/11/2007 22:04

Music mogul ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM fears he'll have to use ROLLING STONES sound-alikes to record the music for his biopic - because SIR MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS and ALLEN KLEIN will refuse to give up the rights. The former Stones manager isn't sure how songwriters Jagger and Richards and his successor Klein will feel about their portrayal in the adaptation of his memoirs Stoned and 2Stoned. And the trio could block the rights to songs he's desperate to have in the film. He says, "You have no idea what side of bed anybody's gonna get out of, but I can always go the other way and do sound-alikes." Oldham, who also hopes to direct the film, has an actor in mind to portray him as a young svengali. He says, "If the film gets made in the foreseeable future, I'd like Devon Graye to play me. Look him up. "He's in (U.S. TV drama) Dexter and spent his high school years in the U.K." But Oldham insists all other casting rumours are ridiculous because he has only just completed the screenplay.
15th November 2007 12:07 PM
egon weren't they gonna do a movie roundabout the B2Btour?
something about some guys going to the concert?
never happended for whatever reason.
15th November 2007 12:13 PM
Blowey Johnny Carson wrote his own stuff during the last writers strike!!!

< ----- You bet your Sweet Bippy --- Johnny is/was THE KING !!!!!!

Yes , Lil' Fella ( Lil' Joey --- Oh , OH Little Joey .... Lil' Joey ) . I miss Johnny something FIERCE !!!!!

" Nebraska's GREATEST Export Ronnie !, next to Herpes. "

BLOW'KINS!
17th November 2007 02:40 PM
gorda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Kilmer was excellent. Unfortunately, Oliver Stone sucked.

I agree! Val Kilmer was absolutely gorgeous in that movie about the Doors!

And, I think that James looks exactly like his father,(especially from the profile),except for the eyes. He will have to wear blue contact lenses and eye make-up to make them look like Micky's beautiful baby blues!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)