ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One year from today... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th November 2007 08:09 PM
glencar A new Zogby poll in Iowa shows Sen. Hillary Clinton leading the Democratic presidential race with 28%, followed by Sen. Barack Obama at 25% and John Edwards at 21%. There are still 12% of respondents who are undecided.

"However, the race tightens dramatically when second choices are factored into the mix – a critical wrinkle in the Iowa caucuses. In the caucuses, a first round of balloting is conducted, and those candidates who do not win at least 15% support are ruled 'unviable' and supporters are directed to a second choice among those who remained 'viable' before a second round of balloting is conducted."

When second choices are considered, Edwards takes a six percent jump putting all three front running candidates in a statistical tie. In particular, Edwards is the second choice of many supporters of Gov. Bill Richardson and Sen. Joe Biden.

7th November 2007 08:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you read about Yemen lately? I'd say SA has some issues but even in the area of their women, they're moving slowly forward. I think Iran is a much HUGER threat & I don't think we should bomb them either. I think someone's been feeding you some conspiracy theories about SA. Do you watch much Bill Maher? He seems to have a similar fixation.

bill maher is a hypocritical asshole, he preaches all this global warming/conserve energy shit, nd takes private jets to golf games and treats the flight crew like shit...
I have a serious dislike of the non-secular muslim kingdoms and their hatred of all things freedom and human rights... Iran, is an actual democracy. and like Iraq was, one of the most educated mid east countries. We need to be able to engage that country, instead they have one glowing block, they like us have a retard at the helm. Bombing Iran would be worse than the invasion of Iraq... The consequences of further destabilizing the region and spreading more war, would be devistating. Iran needs to be dealt with, but this is not a military solution, it is diplomatic, if that was actually engaged, like it was said they would do in Iraq and never did, then maybe there's hope. There's a difference between sabre rattling and war. Isn't interesting that a country like Saudi Arabia isn't doing anything? nothing to help the region... I know why, do you?
7th November 2007 08:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Isn't interesting that a country like Saudi Arabia isn't doing anything? nothing to help the region... I know why, do you?

They are...read the news...they just proposed a very sensible alternative to Iran...guess what the response was...and what do you think Russia, who claims to want a peaceful solution, reaction was

http://www.alalam.ir/english/en-NewsPage.asp?newsid=031030120071103202916
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
7th November 2007 09:05 PM
Fiji Joe That proposal was actually made by a number of arab states...to counter what they see themselves as a threat from Iran...Russia seems hell bent on Iran having the ability to create nukes...beyond money, gotta ask yourself why?

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL0214924020071102
7th November 2007 09:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

They are...read the news...they just proposed a very sensible alternative to Iran...guess what the response was...and what do you think Russia, who claims to want a peaceful solution, reaction was

http://www.alalam.ir/english/en-NewsPage.asp?newsid=031030120071103202916
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

The foreign minister the prince... Saudi wants trouble in the region, so they can make more money off of oil. plain and simple.
It's also been reported, but not persued, the The Saudis have secretly sought out nukes, from guess who? Pakistan, our good friends who just happen to have half of AQ's top leaders living there.
7th November 2007 09:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you read about Yemen lately? I'd say SA has some issues but even in the area of their women, they're moving slowly forward. I think Iran is a much HUGER threat & I don't think we should bomb them either. I think someone's been feeding you some conspiracy theories about SA. Do you watch much Bill Maher? He seems to have a similar fixation.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" cribbed heavily from an anti-Saudi book. The Saudis are nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure. The madrassas they fund around the world, including in the U.S., are nasty little incubators of extremism. And as pdog said, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

Say what you will about the neocons, they know full well that the Saudi royals are no good. Everyone talks about Afghanistan being the "good war," but the Afghan people were no more guilty of 9/11 than the Iraqis were. The Taliban was a foreign tumor on Afghanistan, with roots from Pakistan to Indonesia.

The reason they chose to invade Iraq after Afghanistan was that, having decided the West could no longer coexist with the Middle East as currently constituted, every other option was a nonstarter. The Saudis at least officially pretend to play ball with the West; Egypt is a semi-ally and a onetime recipient of American foreign aid; Pakistan under Musharraf flipped against the jihadists - a very important reversal that's in serious jeopardy now; and because al Qaeda is definitively associated with the Sunnis, Shia Iran wasn't seen as an urgent threat in the aftermath of 9/11 (how quaint that now seems).

Four-plus years later, it's clear that invading Iraq per se wasn't a mistake; it's the general notion that an invasion and long-term occupation of any country could "drain the swamp" that looks foolish.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
7th November 2007 09:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

The foreign minister the prince... Saudi wants trouble in the region, so they can make more money off of oil. plain and simple.
It's also been reported, but not persued, the The Saudis have secretly sought out nukes, from guess who? Pakistan, our good friends who just happen to have half of AQ's top leaders living there.

Assuming the truth of that...what do you suggest?...your point?
7th November 2007 09:21 PM
pdog when you say draining the swamp, are US resources taken into account, and that americans aren't informed enough, and weren't told the real reasons for taking over the country?
7th November 2007 09:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Assuming the truth of that...what do you suggest?...your point?

I thought I made it clear, Saudi arabia should be eliminated. If I was dictator of the USA, it would be, and the oil would be mine!!!
7th November 2007 09:26 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I thought I made it clear, Saudi arabia should be eliminated. If I was dictator of the USA, it would be, and the oil would be mine!!!

Who else should we eliminate...I mean, as long as we're in the neighborhood?
7th November 2007 09:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Who else should we eliminate...I mean, as long as we're in the neighborhood?

Are we talking realistically or from my hate filled fake dictatorship?
7th November 2007 09:37 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
when you say draining the swamp, are US resources taken into account, and that americans aren't informed enough, and weren't told the real reasons for taking over the country?

The WMD rationale didn't come from the neocons, bur rather from Powell and Tony Blair; they wanted to be able to cite international law and Saddam's numerous violations of UN sanctions to justify the invasion. Make no mistake: Cheney's "mushroom cloud" rhetoric was grossly irresponsible. There were viable reasons to go to war short of a nuclear threat, but I concede that that's probably what galvanized public support.
7th November 2007 09:38 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Are we talking realistically or from my hate filled fake dictatorship?

That entire region meets that criteria...Is it just the Saudis?...Or all of em?...What would the world's reaction be?...they would hate us if we did that...I say we do nothing and follow the wisdom of the UN in these matters
7th November 2007 09:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That entire region meets that criteria...Is it just the Saudis?...Or all of em?...What would the world's reaction be?...they would hate us if we did that...I say we do nothing and follow the wisdom of the UN in these matters

If I was in charge the UN would be vendors at county fairs.
7th November 2007 09:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:
Hillary Clinton.

She will win Ohio, Florida and Colorado in addition to the usual states. She is not unelectable, her negatives have been declining lately and the most recent polls have her ahead. Her disastrous performance at last week's debate will have little effect.

The window closed on Al Gore sometime toward the end of the summer.

Giuliani can continue to exploit his status as chairman of 911 Inc. to line his own pockets.

This campaign (and the surrouding press coverage) will not be about the issues.

agreed.....
7th November 2007 10:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

If I was in charge the UN would be vendors at county fairs.

The world hates you
7th November 2007 10:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The world hates you

One of my many excuses for my behavior in days past.
7th November 2007 10:07 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

bill maher is a hypocritical asshole, he preaches all this global warming/conserve energy shit, nd takes private jets to golf games and treats the flight crew like shit...
I have a serious dislike of the non-secular muslim kingdoms and their hatred of all things freedom and human rights... Iran, is an actual democracy. and like Iraq was, one of the most educated mid east countries. We need to be able to engage that country, instead they have one glowing block, they like us have a retard at the helm. Bombing Iran would be worse than the invasion of Iraq... The consequences of further destabilizing the region and spreading more war, would be devistating. Iran needs to be dealt with, but this is not a military solution, it is diplomatic, if that was actually engaged, like it was said they would do in Iraq and never did, then maybe there's hope. There's a difference between sabre rattling and war. Isn't interesting that a country like Saudi Arabia isn't doing anything? nothing to help the region... I know why, do you?

Interesting insights on Maher! Good post overall; I agree that saber rattling is different than war but whenever Bush/Cheney rattles their saber, Nanny Pelosi "blinks" & Dingy Harry shakes his head sadly. I think SA gives plenty of aid in the region. As for your last question, no, I don't know why. But as you know, I've been a huge advocate for cutting back our fuel usage.
7th November 2007 10:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

One of my many excuses for my behavior in days past.

Your people are doomed...I'll burn a candle when it goes down...and tell all the do-nothings "I told you so"...but with my busy schedule, that's about all I can do
7th November 2007 10:10 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've been a huge advocate for cutting back our fuel usage.

There is a push for electric cars...not feasible unless we go nuclear energy in a big way...and even then, I can't see commerical transportation or the military getting off fossil fuels for at least another 100 years

My kids gonna fog up the window in this?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
7th November 2007 10:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The WMD rationale didn't come from the neocons, bur rather from Powell and Tony Blair; they wanted to be able to cite international law and Saddam's numerous violations of UN sanctions to justify the invasion. Make no mistake: Cheney's "mushroom cloud" rhetoric was grossly irresponsible. There were viable reasons to go to war short of a nuclear threat, but I concede that that's probably what galvanized public support.

Thanks for the info...
7th November 2007 10:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Your people are doomed...I'll burn a candle when it goes down...and tell all the do-nothings "I told you so"...but with my busy schedule, that's about all I can do

Seeing as you're hosting a huge bon fire party, you got alot on your plate.
7th November 2007 10:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

There is a push for electric cars...not feasible unless we go nuclear energy in a big way...and even then, I can't see commerical transportation or the military getting off fossil fuels for at least another 100 years

My kids gonna fog up the window in this?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Commercial, that can be done in a few years... Buses and trucks can run on bio-diesel. Most of the buses in sf are electric or hybrids, that's a start... didn't take a revolution or some great painful transfer. It just takes the will to do it. Jets asie, all ground transportation can do it, and it'll pay for itself really quick, then actually save money. that's a no-brainer. a pic of some little electric car aside...
7th November 2007 10:25 PM
Riffhard So Rudy takes the largest city in the USA and lowers the crime rate by over 70%. He turns Times Square into a family destination again,taking it back from the whores,pimps,and drug dealers and some here claim that he is lining his pockets because of 9/11/01?!?!?! Any of you types ever live in NYC?! The man single handedly turned New York city around. Them's the facts whether you guys want to believe it or not.

Thank God Rudy was mayor at the time! Imagine if NYC was still in the corrupt hands of David Dinkens (D)!!!!

So tell me again exactly what experience Hillary has? I mean besides threatning every woman that Bubba sexually harrassed or raped?

One year from now Rudy will be the POTUS,and we can all breathe a sigh of relief with that knowledge.

Riffy
7th November 2007 10:29 PM
pdog Riffy... Maxy is waiting for your VH review, is this your return post????

Scahills book on Blackwater is amazing, let me know when you're done it, I'd love to discuss.
7th November 2007 10:35 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Commercial, that can be done in a few years... Buses and trucks can run on bio-diesel. Most of the buses in sf are electric or hybrids, that's a start... didn't take a revolution or some great painful transfer. It just takes the will to do it. Jets asie, all ground transportation can do it, and it'll pay for itself really quick, then actually save money. that's a no-brainer. a pic of some little electric car aside...

Not a good idea to be hedging your future on biodiesel fuel...ain't chu heard?...it's gotting hotter than a mah fuck out there?...a good idea from a capatilist standpoint...new markets and whatnot...the scale of biodiesel, in the numbers you're suggesting, has been estimated as non-feasible...not nearly enough arable land...doable on a limited basis...or maybe even a slightly more than a limited basis...you know, that biodiesel bunch is every bit as devious and self-interested as that big oil bunch I've seen you slam in the past...can't beleive everything we read...improved electric transporation makes more sense...sourced by nuclear energy...coal is out of the question for such a source...I agree...a dedicated push, tax incentives and other incentives could get it done pretty quick
7th November 2007 10:48 PM
Fiji Joe Blackwater?...I know a thing or two about a thing or two...Do me a favor...old pal...stop asking questions...just walk away
7th November 2007 11:30 PM
BILL PERKS I'M SORRY,BUT WE ARE THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEINGS ON THE PLANET..ELECTING BUSH OVER KERRY HAS CREATED THIS INSIPID LIST OF CANDIDATES..WE GOY WHAT WE ASKED FOR
7th November 2007 11:41 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'M SORRY,BUT WE ARE THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEINGS ON THE PLANET..ELECTING BUSH OVER KERRY HAS CREATED THIS INSIPID LIST OF CANDIDATES..WE GOY WHAT WE ASKED FOR

Have you seen my weiner?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
8th November 2007 10:10 AM
Joey " old pal...stop asking questions...just walk away "

< ---- Lil' Fiji ...... Oh , ... OH !!! ... Oh , Little Fiji ........ Lil' Fiji

You tell him Lil' buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ . Fly !
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)