ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One year from today... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th November 2007 02:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG Since when do the real issues facing this country really get discussed in an election year?

And how long has it been since our elected officials took a deep breath and tackled them?

Disillusioned?

Yep
7th November 2007 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Helter Skelter . . .you are our new leader!

so things will go from worse to worser...
7th November 2007 02:52 PM
monkey_man Dude we are at worser we can only go to worsest!
7th November 2007 02:55 PM
Some Guy worseism.
7th November 2007 02:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Since when do the real issues facing this country really get discussed in an election year?

And how long has it been since our elected officials took a deep breath and tackled them?

Disillusioned?

Yep

Ask me someday how I would remedy this?...It's a novel concept...one I don't wanna dicuss at the moment...but later sugar britches...later
7th November 2007 02:58 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Dude we are at worser we can only go to worsest!

Worser? How so? The economy is still reasonably strong, Iraq is improving by leaps & the Dems in Congress are looking particularly haple - oh, I see what you mean. Nevermind...
7th November 2007 02:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
pdog wrote:
the real issue, is the private banks called the federal reserve, milking us out of our own money. income tax is bullshit, since it is illegal and none of the money goes to us. it goes to the same bankers loaning us our own money. abolish it.

You can't abolish the federal reserve and income tax. The Illuminati in charge of this world won't let you. They have a plan that's bigger than you maggot. They'll kill you with electromagnetic radiation first. Or thru your Verichip.

Also, they already decided which puppet to give the presidency to anyway. Why vote at all.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
7th November 2007 02:59 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Dude we are at worser we can only go to worsest!

if i have anything to do with it we will. My first act as president would be to decalre war on saudi arabia, 24 hours after I attacked, my response to 911. I'd also give Iraq to Iran, and let them have that mess, minus the kurds in the north, who I'd give full miltary support to, and deal with Turkey as it may. I'd abolish the Fed Res. wipe away our debt, let the banks crash, lock up the Christians, send them to death camps. No more reality shows on TV, no more MTV, no more flag burning. and so on, basically I'd make Hitler look like a cub scout, Totalitrian rule by pdog. I'd nuke antarctica too, just to show people I'm batshit crazy!
7th November 2007 03:01 PM
glencar How is the income tax illegal? I mean, sure I hate it cause I actually finally have an income but the amendment in 1913 made an income tax legal.
7th November 2007 03:03 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

if i have anything to do with it we will. My first act as president would be to decalre war on saudi arabia, 24 hours after I attacked, my response to 911. I'd also give Iraq to Iran, and let them have that mess, minus the kurds in the north, who I'd give full miltary support to, and deal with Turkey as it may. I'd abolish the Fed Res. wipe away our debt, let the banks crash, lock up the Christians, send them to death camps. No more reality shows on TV, no more MTV, no more flag burning. and so on, basically I'd make Hitler look like a cub scout, Totalitrian rule by pdog. I'd nuke antarctica too, just to show people I'm batshit crazy!

PBS is now running a 5 part series about a grocery store amnager who improbably becomes Brit PM. It's called The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard. She doesn't go quite as fascist as you would but she is supposed to be a new wind.
7th November 2007 03:18 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Worser? How so? The economy is still reasonably strong, Iraq is improving by leaps & the Dems in Congress are looking particularly haple - oh, I see what you mean. Nevermind...

Dude the economy is being propped by a Fed that runs to bail out any industry that runs their businesses recklessly. . .yes free market my ass. The dollar is literally worth pennies to the Canadian dollar, Gold is at a 30 year high, oil is hours away from breaking $100 a barrel. Supermodels are demanding to be paid in Euros! Both parties in this country are bought and paid for by corporations. The only voices that are represented in our "democracy" are those that have money to do so. The issue that are being squaked about: gay marriage, drivers licenses for undocumented workers, abortion??? These are the best issues they can focus on?? This country has far bigger issues that will never be addressed because they don't play well in focus groups. The opposition party in this country is afraid to stand up for fear of offending its' spine. The party in power sells nothing but fear so that you stay home in your house and consume products you don't need while you take drugs for your restless leg syndrome.
Yes worser. . .it don't matter who the next President is!
[Edited by monkey_man]
7th November 2007 03:21 PM
Some Guy
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Dude the economy is being propped by a Fed that runs to bail out any industry that runs their businesses recklessly. . .yes free market my ass. The dollar is literally worth pennies to the Canadian dollar, Gold is at a 30 year high, oil is hours away from breaking $100 a barrel. Supermodels are demanding to be paid in Euros! Both parties in this country are bought and paid for by corporations. The only voices that are represented in our "democracy" are those that have money to do so. The issue that are being squaked about: gay marriage, drivers licenses for undocumented workers, abortion??? These are the best issues they can focus on?? This country has far bigger issues that will never be addressed because they don't play well in focus groups. The opposition party in this country is afraid to stand up for fear of offending its' spine. The party in power sells nothing but fear so that you stay home in your house and consume products you don't need while you take drugs for your restless leg syndrome.
Yes worser. . .it don't matter who the next President is!
[Edited by monkey_man]

glencar has RLS?
7th November 2007 03:23 PM
glencar I do, actually...
7th November 2007 03:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG
monkey man....you forgot a health care system and social security system that are ready to implode in the next few years...

the issues aren't sexy..so lets just deal with the fluff

When it all comes tumbling down... maybe the American public will "wake up" and stop worrying about how Britany raises her kids, what Oprah is doing, who is winning in Dancing with the Stars, etc.......

7th November 2007 03:39 PM
glencar I gotta go but one last thought: clearly, you're able to think about those fluff issues whilst thinking about SS reform & those other important issues. Why do you discount the ability of others to do so? As for SocSec reform, Bush tried but the Dems played politics with it & nothing changed. At all.

I don't believe things are as dire as you & MM do but I do think our collective inability to take on these massive public debts (Iraq included) doesn't speak well of us.
7th November 2007 03:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I say..............Rudy Giuliani.

Me too, BTW, he is from the same school I attended (my ME Degree): Manhattan College
7th November 2007 03:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

monkey man....you forgot a health care system and social security system that are ready to implode in the next few years...

the issues aren't sexy..so lets just deal with the fluff

When it all comes tumbling down... maybe the American public will "wake up" and stop worrying about how Britany raises her kids, what Oprah is doing, who is winning in Dancing with the Stars, etc.......

If I were president...I would build a big ass bonfire in Gary, Indiana...the biggest the world has ever seen...all Americans would be invited...Correction, all americans would be compelled to come...there would be beer and potato salad for all...lotsa porta potties...no waiting...live musical acts abound...puppet shows for the children...bingo for the elderly...we would talk...laugh, cry...all that stuff...then...at precisely midnight, on the third day, I would abruptly and emphatically call an end to the festivities and ask everyone to leave...I would then, at 6:00 a.m. that morning, issue an executive order to kill any person within the continental United States outside of a 10 mile radius from Gary, Indiana...that would leave alive, in my estimation, only the fine Americans who had stayed after the party to help clean up...and perhaps a few people who couldn't remember where they parked their car...all the others?...dead...it is with this hearty stock of after-hangers I would rebuild the country...

7th November 2007 03:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG Damn, Feej....

Maybe you should run for President....

7th November 2007 03:58 PM
fireontheplatter the chick in steel driving hammers little video will be the next pres...at least i hope she is.

everybody say ow
7th November 2007 04:26 PM
monkey_man
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

I forgot many things including a US Federal Government that is acting more like the KGB with the corporations voluntarily breaking the law to help the government.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/07/MNIST7NS9.DTL

[Edited by monkey_man]
7th November 2007 06:08 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
How is the income tax illegal? I mean, sure I hate it cause I actually finally have an income but the amendment in 1913 made an income tax legal.

legal? So.. it says you must work a third of the year for free? and be subject to this money going into bankers pockets. Not one cent is spent on anything for America. It's not like there was a huge debt in 1913, in fact our money had been based on actual wealth we had, not loans, that too was eliminated and all the gold and silver was given over to the fed res. as well. Is there even any gold left? No one knows, the bankers keep it a well protected secret! why? It's our money, and they take it, by use of vague laws, that are as corrupt as a gangster extorting local merchants. People just accept it, because they think, the money goes to something, other taxes cover that stuff... Income tax laws are so vague, and so wrong... Show me the law that says I have to give the govt. 33% of my earnings. Show me the laws that make the IRS a legitament agency. Who voersees them? I already know the answers, look for them anyway.
7th November 2007 06:24 PM
Mel Belli Everyone who thinks we're living in unusually troubled times needs to get a grip. It's been six years since 9/11. Compare them to the six years that followed Hitler's invasion of Poland. Up to 60 million people dead, most of them civilians. 60 million.

I'll take 2007, thank you very much.

7th November 2007 06:26 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

If I were president...I would build a big ass bonfire in Gary, Indiana...the biggest the world has ever seen...all Americans would be invited...Correction, all americans would be compelled to come...there would be beer and potato salad for all...lotsa porta potties...no waiting...live musical acts abound...puppet shows for the children...bingo for the elderly...we would talk...laugh, cry...all that stuff...then...at precisely midnight, on the third day, I would abruptly and emphatically call an end to the festivities and ask everyone to leave...I would then, at 6:00 a.m. that morning, issue an executive order to kill any person within the continental United States outside of a 10 mile radius from Gary, Indiana...that would leave alive, in my estimation, only the fine Americans who had stayed after the party to help clean up...and perhaps a few people who couldn't remember where they parked their car...all the others?...dead...it is with this hearty stock of after-hangers I would rebuild the country...

If you threw a party, the likelihood of more than three people showing up would be slim to none.

Just a joke.
[Edited by gypsy]
7th November 2007 06:43 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Who will be the President Elect of the United States?

I am NOT asking WHO YOU SUPPORT.

Who will win???

I say..............Rudy Giuliani.

LJ

Either Hillary Clinton or Al Gore

We might get Al Gore as he never voted for the Iraqi Quagmire .

" I tip my hand to the new constitution Ronnie !!! "

Joey ' Petey ' Kins !
7th November 2007 06:51 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Either Hillary Clinton or Al Gore

We might get Al Gore as he never voted for the Iraqi Quagmire .

No one cares what she voted for. Guess the war won't be that big of a deal to the Democrats once Hillary is running it.
7th November 2007 07:40 PM
pdog If people search RO archives, they'd see that many of RO's hard left politic debaters at the time, were all for the war, just a fact. I was not one of those people.
Some aren't here anymore others are, regardless, people can change their minds or be wrong or stick with it.
I have never stopped saying Saudi Arabia should be a sheet of glass, Iraq was a serious waste of good bombs... Saddam Huissen may have been many things, but he hates The Saudi's for the right reasons.
7th November 2007 07:44 PM
glencar What you got agin SA? Those people are sitting on oil aka easy money but other than their own internal methods, why do they bug you so much? I mean, to the point that you'd annilihate them...
7th November 2007 07:52 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Damn, Feej....

Maybe you should run for President....

Good God, Meg.
Do NOT encourage him.
Next thing you know, he'll invite us on a camping trip to Guyana!!!
Feejusville?????

LJ.
7th November 2007 07:57 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
What you got agin SA? Those people are sitting on oil aka easy money but other than their own internal methods, why do they bug you so much? I mean, to the point that you'd annilihate them...

They are the source of muslim extremism. Where do you think most of AQ comes from, the country isn't a democracy, women are treated horribly... all in the name of religion. Human rights are are joke... they are so protected and guarded by america it is disgusting. it's also proof it's always about the money. Let's invade Iraq, that was a great idea, especially in such a rush, what a waste of lifes, resources and money... All the time muslim hate pours out of saudi arabia. I called the mess with turkey and pakistan years ago, you don't need to be a genius to see this shit coming. Do you think it is a coincidence, that most 911 hijackers were saudi? that the mujahadeen army came mostly from saudi and then became AQ? Yet w/o any real hard evidence, just words, you believe Bush that Iran is the reason we are having problems in Iraq... don't let the truth get in the way...
7th November 2007 08:08 PM
glencar Have you read about Yemen lately? I'd say SA has some issues but even in the area of their women, they're moving slowly forward. I think Iran is a much HUGER threat & I don't think we should bomb them either. I think someone's been feeding you some conspiracy theories about SA. Do you watch much Bill Maher? He seems to have a similar fixation.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)