ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Van HalenThread, PART II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st October 2007 06:32 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THAT REALLY SUCKED..NOTHIN CLOSE TO THAT OCCURED AT MY SHOW..GOOD DETECTIVE WORK SWAY,NOW YOU CAN SMILE WHILE LISTENING TO AMORICA TONIGHT

OH MY GOD !!!!!

That was friggin terrible .

Thankfully I have decided to see Bob Dylan at THE QWEST CENTER this Friday ( .. with Keith Moon ) instead of traveling to Kansas City to see THAT DREG !!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish !!

* PHEW ! *

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
21st October 2007 08:04 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thankfully I have decided to see Bob Dylan at THE QWEST CENTER this Friday ( .. with Keith Moon ) instead of traveling to Kansas City to see THAT DREG !!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish !!

This news may crush Some Guy
22nd October 2007 11:45 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

OH MY GOD !!!!!

That was friggin terrible .

Rubbish !!

* PHEW ! *

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

You will not be greeted.
22nd October 2007 12:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

You will not be greeted.

www.SPRINTCENTER.com

22nd October 2007 12:29 PM
doo doo doo Dude Roth was the Dylan of his era. Pure poetry:

"I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight
And I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze.
I ain't lookin' for somebody to fight
Baby, don't get uptight
Baby, please!"
22nd October 2007 01:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Roth was the Dylan of his era. Pure poetry:

"I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight
And I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze.
I ain't lookin' for somebody to fight
Baby, don't get uptight
Baby, please!"

Only a pedigree fool could disagree there. Consider the conundrum faced by the narrator in Everybody Wants Some while the metaphor plays out against a varying thematic landscape:

-------------
You can't get romantic on a subway line.
Conductor don't like it, says you're wastin' your time.
But ev'rybody wants some.
I want some too.
Ev'rybody wants some.
Baby, how 'bout you?
I seen a lotta people lookin' for a moonbeam.
Yeah, ya spent a lot. Ya got lost in the jet-stream.
I want some too.
Ev'rybody wants some.
Baby, how 'bout you?
---------------

Roth classicly leaves us pondering our own inner turmoil as we yearn for some without knowing the elusive mystery as to whether Baby wants some too.
22nd October 2007 01:25 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Only a pedigree fool could disagree there. Consider the conundrum faced by the narrator in Everybody Wants Some while the metaphor plays out against a varying thematic landscape:

-------------
You can't get romantic on a subway line.
Conductor don't like it, says you're wastin' your time.
I want some too.
Ev'rybody wants some.
Baby, how 'bout you?
I seen a lotta people lookin' for a moonbeam.
Yeah, ya spent a lot. Ya got lost in the jet-stream.
I want some too.
Ev'rybody wants some.
Baby, how 'bout you?
---------------

Roth classicly leaves us pondering our own inner turmoil as we yearn for some without knowing the elusive mystery as to whether Baby wants some too.

22nd October 2007 01:31 PM
doo doo doo Dude So true moonie. See how Roth waxes poetic on both love and loss in this classic tale of a woman being tied down (both figurativly and literally) in the lyrically-sublime "House of Pain":

"Say you're gonna leave me
'Cause I only tie you up
I always loved you tender
But you only like it rough
Woman bound for glory
Why you leavin' me again?

Gonna pack her bags and leave
This house of pain

Heartaches all around me
How many times we've tried
Said she tried to leave me
But her hands were always tied
If I had it all to do
I'd keep it just the same

But I'd fix it so you never leave
This house of pain..."
22nd October 2007 02:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG Dude, Guy, and Moonie.....

You must be smoking some mighty good stuff if you are gonna call those sappy lyrics "poetry" that compares with Dylan...

Moonie..your explanation has more poetry than the stupid song itself

22nd October 2007 02:06 PM
Some Guy moonie, lets analyze this classic-

Drop dead legs, pretty smile,
hurts my head, gets me wild.
Dig that steam, giant butt,
makes me scream, I get nuh-nuh-nothing but the shakes over you
And nothing else could ever do.
Chorus:
You know that you want it.
I know what it is.
You know that you want it, baby,
When the night is through, will I still be loving you ?
Dig those moves, vam-pire
set me loose, get it higher.
Throw my rope, loop-de-loop
nice white teeth, Betty Boop.
Set it cool real heavy.
I ain't fooled, gettin' ready.
chorus
(guitar solo)
22nd October 2007 02:18 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Dude, Guy, and Moonie.....

You must be smoking some mighty good stuff if you are gonna call those sappy lyrics "poetry" that compares with Dylan...

Moonie..your explanation has more poetry than the stupid song itself

Damn, David Lee should have written that book! 34 million record buyers agree...

22nd October 2007 03:11 PM
luxury1 I heard the Jump clip on the Stern SHow this morning. He opened the show with it!! I think the Van Halens are using the Stones' guitar techs/sound people...

(Fred was saying Eddie was playing a good solo, but in the wrong key, and then there is that slip up with the tape at the wrong speed!! Over on IORR Forum there was a thread discussing how the opening twangy guitar on Rain Fall Down was actually Chuck flipping some key or whatever--none of the three Stones on stage are playing it live--Mick's hands are too low on the neck, and the other two, well, they seem to be picking out notes here and there. Watch them all huddle by Chuck to begin the song...)
22nd October 2007 05:20 PM
robpop I saw Mike Anthony today in the "S" room. The $3 shine was not for the shoes.

22nd October 2007 05:26 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I heard the Jump clip on the Stern SHow this morning. He opened the show with it!! I think the Van Halens are using the Stones' guitar techs/sound people...

(Fred was saying Eddie was playing a good solo, but in the wrong key, and then there is that slip up with the tape at the wrong speed!! Over on IORR Forum there was a thread discussing how the opening twangy guitar on Rain Fall Down was actually Chuck flipping some key or whatever--none of the three Stones on stage are playing it live--Mick's hands are too low on the neck, and the other two, well, they seem to be picking out notes here and there. Watch them all huddle by Chuck to begin the song...)

It is called metro-ing or something. It is where one does not have to worry about where one places fingers as long as one gets the note structure. In other words you do not have to worry about the the exact execution of fingering on the instrument.

It is annoying to play with musicians that have become dependent on being metro. They tend to use metro as a compensation to practice. However, musicians that have physical limitations due to age or injury it is a great thing and can cover the inevitable missteps nicely and enhance a practicing musician.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midi

22nd October 2007 05:26 PM
Some Guy check it, sniff.

22nd October 2007 05:37 PM
Larry Craig
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Go! Let the poo flingers stew in their poo-like juices.

What are you? some kind of queer?
22nd October 2007 06:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
check it, sniff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
22nd October 2007 07:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
moonie, lets analyze this classic-

Drop dead legs, pretty smile,
hurts my head, gets me wild.
Dig that steam, giant butt,
makes me scream, I get nuh-nuh-nothing but the shakes over you
And nothing else could ever do.
Chorus:
You know that you want it.
I know what it is.
You know that you want it, baby,
When the night is through, will I still be loving you ?
Dig those moves, vam-pire
set me loose, get it higher.
Throw my rope, loop-de-loop
nice white teeth, Betty Boop.
Set it cool real heavy.
I ain't fooled, gettin' ready.
chorus
(guitar solo)

Yes, it is here that Roth was entering his relatively unknown "dark" period. Deep in spiritual crisis, Roth creates an evocative tale of frottuerism culminating in the teasing admonition that "you know that you want it" and that "I know what it is." Was Roth endorsing some kind of nihilistic creed? Music commentators are mixed in their opinion, and we are left with only Roth's baleful lyrics as guidance.

Unfortunatly, this was Roth's Swan Song with the band, as his vast creative talents required more fully developed outlets far beyond the limits of Van Halen in its original incarnation.
22nd October 2007 09:15 PM
robpop Please don't tell the rest of the gang this, but Van Halen was the first show a young teenage robpop went to.
23rd October 2007 09:34 AM
Some Guy Yes, it is here that Roth was entering his relatively unknown "dark" period. Deep in spiritual crisis, Roth creates an evocative tale of frottuerism culminating in the teasing admonition that "you know that you want it" and that "I know what it is." Was Roth endorsing some kind of nihilistic creed? Music commentators are mixed in their opinion, and we are left with only Roth's baleful lyrics as guidance.

Unfortunatly, this was Roth's Swan Song with the band, as his vast creative talents required more fully developed outlets far beyond the limits of Van Halen in its original incarnation.
(quote)

-True moonie, however, his infatuation with these legs that are apparently drop dead indicates a longing for acceptance which invariably leads to California Girls. I'm still confused about vampire- betty boop connection here. There is a lot of deep shit going on and its undulating. When the night is through will he still be loving you?

Throw in some harp-

[Edited by Some Guy]
23rd October 2007 09:50 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I'm still confused about vampire- betty boop connection here. There is a lot of deep shit going on and its undulating. When the night is through will he still be loving you?

Kafkaesque reference lost on illiterate posters. Roth often reverted to various forms of existentialism, including retro-perfundity, in painting his lyrical landscape. His modern day contemporaries have adopted similar styles. See, e.g., Dylan, Thomas Sneddon, Snead Hearn, etc.
23rd October 2007 10:01 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Kafkaesque reference lost on illiterate posters. Roth often reverted to various forms of existentialism, including retro-perfundity, in painting his lyrical landscape. His modern day contemporaries have adopted similar styles. See, e.g., Dylan, Thomas Sneddon, Snead Hearn, etc.

that is simply postin above the rim.
23rd October 2007 10:15 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

that is simply postin above the rim.

One more night Tate! Then I'm blowing the reward money getting Van Halen to play my birthday party!

Yes!

Yeah!

Yes!

Yes.
23rd October 2007 11:59 AM
The jinn, my friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gFN8jSLcXE

This guy has some serious boots.
23rd October 2007 12:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

One more night Tate! Then I'm blowing the reward money getting Van Halen to play my birthday party!

Yes!

Yeah!

Yes!

Yes.

they are in minneapolis tomorrow night, yes? you be goin?
if so post review asap.
23rd October 2007 01:07 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

they are in minneapolis tomorrow night, yes? you be goin?
if so post review asap.

Thats what I was alluding to via an obscure Fast Times at Ridgemont High reference lost on various posters.

Review to follow. Intoxicated.
23rd October 2007 01:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Thats what I was alluding to via an obscure Fast Times at Ridgemont High reference lost on various posters.

Review to follow. Intoxicated.

yo Spicoli, I smell ya! Good seats??

The scene where Linda teaches Stacy the finer points of how to give a man oral sex was originally supposed to take place in a hot tub with both girls naked. However, in order to avoid an "X" rating, the scene was changed to the school cafeteria.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/ron4406/sigshot-1.jpg
[Edited by Some Guy]
23rd October 2007 02:24 PM
doo doo doo Dude That must have been one helluva birthday party!

23rd October 2007 06:01 PM
Saint Sway Hey Wingers,

is it me? Or does Eddie do a little tribute to Ashley Simpson's SNL lip-sync Debacle?

Notice he does a similiar little jig to the one Ashley did when her tape got screwed up.

but of course, theres plenty of other similiarities going on here...

23rd October 2007 06:10 PM
Some Guy Sway, prepare, rue or whatever it is you need to do to get ready for a review of moof-piss preportions!
[Edited by Some Guy]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)