ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Van HalenThread, PART II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
17th October 2007 07:35 AM
Some Guy oh no he dit int...
17th October 2007 07:57 AM
Maxlugar A lot of people have blood when they rue-inate these days.

Anyway, WTF is this????

17th October 2007 08:48 AM
charlotte

17th October 2007 08:52 AM
Some Guy Max, that is the very essence of Van Humiliation.
17th October 2007 09:04 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Max, that is the very essence of Van Humiliation.

The Cherone era is massively f'ed up. I didn't know that guy was such a clown. Must be a Boston thing.
17th October 2007 09:06 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The Cherone era is massively f'ed up. I didn't know that guy was such a clown. Must be a Boston thing.

It was f'ed up my friend, was... The current tour is leaving cities in rue-ins.
17th October 2007 09:22 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
A lot of people have blood when they rue-inate these days.

Anyway, WTF is this????

Yeah, got to bleed for it. Holy streets, that was embarrasing. Was A-VH playing in one of those spastoid neck braces? Did that guy really roll down the stairs as part of the act? That trained circus seal bit at the end was disturbing. Dark days indeed.

And yet, Edward still was tearing that guitar up.
17th October 2007 09:29 AM
sirmoonie Holy hell, he even threw in some Nazi goose-stepping. WTF? If that song had gone on any longer, he would have ended up in a duck suit.
17th October 2007 09:36 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Holy hell, he even threw in some Nazi goose-stepping. WTF? If that song had gone on any longer, he would have ended up in a duck suit.

you caused me to chuckle.
17th October 2007 10:20 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

And yet, Edward still was tearing that guitar up.

Yes, I meant to mention that. Through it all EVH is wailing away with that amazing tone.
17th October 2007 12:11 PM
parmeda I was just offered 2 tix to tomorrow's show.

Do I go?
And if I do...how much crap is gonna get flung at me?

Please advise....
17th October 2007 12:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I was just offered 2 tix to tomorrow's show.

Do I go?
Please advise....

Parmeda, all the advise you need is already in your signature.
17th October 2007 12:33 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Do I go?

Please advise....

Go! Let the poo flingers stew in their poo-like juices.

17th October 2007 12:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Do I go?

Please advise....

Go! Go! Go!- Have a blast- it will be loud! Keep an eye on your doors.
17th October 2007 12:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Do I go?

Please advise....

You HAVE to go!
17th October 2007 12:47 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

It was f'ed up my friend, was... The current tour is leaving cities in rue-ins.

THAT'S CARDINAL XIMENEZ TYPE POSTIN THERE!
17th October 2007 12:47 PM
Maxlugar
[/quote]

Jesus, at the 1:41 mark he actually lays down on a small platform and presents himself to Eddie like spider monkey in heat. WTF was going on with this tour???!

I'm afraid to go look for more examples. But I know I will.
17th October 2007 12:51 PM
BILL PERKS SWAY ..GLAD TO HAVE TO ANNOYED YOU..TACO BELL IS NO DINER...SOMEBODY IS AT THE DRIVE THRU-GOTTA GET BACK TO WORK!
17th October 2007 01:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Do I go?

Please advise....

Do it for Some Guy

Please post review here...
17th October 2007 01:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Jesus, at the 1:41 mark he actually lays down on a small platform and presents himself to Eddie like spider monkey in heat. WTF was going on with this tour???!

I'm afraid to go look for more examples. But I know I will.
[/quote]
Yes, that was my trained circus seal comment. I think he gave a coquetteish smile too. I was freaked like way the fuck out.
17th October 2007 01:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Do it for Some Guy

Yes Dude Yes!!!

Awaiting your review, parmeda-
17th October 2007 01:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Yes Dude Yes!!!

Awaiting your review, parmeda-

quote:
Parmeda wrote:

I arrived at the arena psyched for the show. Down a few gin and tonics at the bar across the street and then fought my way to my seat thru the crowd of mullet heads in ripped acid washed jeans.
Show started on time. First the crack head came out wearing the same army pants he wears at every show. I guess he doesnt own any other clothing. But hey at least he got a new pair of sneakers...
which came in handy for those queer little leg scissor kick jumps he does. Where did he learn that gay move?? From watching Poison videos??
Then this fat kid comes out with the bass. I thought it was the roadie maybe?? But I could see the giant acne scars on the big screen and realized it was just some kid. But get this -- the fat kid stayed and played the whole friggin show!! I guess he won some kind of radio contest or something because no band in their right mind would ever have a pre-pubescent kid for the bassist. What a joke! And his background "vocals" were piped in over the house PA. Someone else's singing apparently...
weak. And they piped in synthesizers too. Pathetic! They're playing their biggest hit song "Jump" and the keyboard riff is just artificially piped in over the PA while Eddie hops around pretending to play guitar.
Oh. And the singer. What a tool! This guy was the most flamboyantly gay frontman I've ever seen! He hopped around on giant microphone half the show. The rest of the time he was doing karate moves and fighting some kind of invisible dragon with a sword or something... I dunno.. it was just too goofy for me. Just a joke of a band. I felt like I was watching Spinal Tap so I split. What a waste of an evening! I feel dirty and ashamed for going. I took 3 showers after I got home and could still smell the reak of all the Circle K parking lot doucebag that infested that arena to cheer on that awful 80s nostalgia act. Just terrible.

17th October 2007 01:38 PM
Some Guy Pug predicts empty seats, high ticket prices and redundant set lists.
17th October 2007 03:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

ummm... what VH era WASN'T f'd up and stupid???

what??

oh...

you mean back in there "heyday"

oh..

sure...

here ya go...

back when they were the "coolest"

17th October 2007 06:24 PM
doo doo doo Dude Look who's #1 on Pollstar (and blowing doors on the Boss):

http://pollstar.com/news/top50.pl

Rue on....

17th October 2007 06:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Look who's #1 on Pollstar (and blowing doors on the Boss):

http://pollstar.com/news/top50.pl

Rue on....

Blowing doors indeed. How many bands yins ever seen with a Power Index of 1.000? Thats right, ya fucking ain't seen NONE! Thats how many yins never seen.
17th October 2007 06:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Did that guy really roll down the stairs as part of the act? That trained circus seal bit at the end was disturbing. Dark days indeed.

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

why are you cringing???
how is this ANY different from the Roth Era??????

I give you... "EXHIBIT A"
witness this Roth Era review:

The poodle-haired Californian rockers are set to tour with original singer David Lee Roth for the first time since his 1985 departure. A YouTube live video of their biggest UK hit, Jump, recorded at Montreal in 1984 gives a flavour of what we can expect from rock's most unintentionally hilarious frontman. "Show me the lights if you believe in rock'n'roll," hollers Lee Roth, skipping excitedly onto a stage that's bigger than most venues. To the crowd's obvious delight, he sings while performing pirouettes, forward rolls and the inevitable jump (jump!) of the chorus. Then, during the keyboard solo, Lee Roth whips out a gymnast's ribbon and twirls it clumsily around his head. Finally, as the song ends, he holds up a sheet with "JUMP" printed on it, looking like he thinks that's a very profound thing to do. The mind positively boggles as to how Lee Roth will employ two decades' worth of technological advances at the comeback shows.

"....performing pirouettes, forward rolls... then... Roth whips out a gymnast's ribbon and twirls it clumsily around his head."

^ Jeezus H Christmas!! This is the frontman you've been yerning to have back???

ummm.. Excuse me but thats the same gay moves that Cherone does. And yes Cherone sucks donkey balls. But so does Roth. Maybe even more so.

no. Definately more so.

I may not be a fan. But I fail to see any difference between Roth - Hagar - or Cherone. Same shit, just insert a mildly different bozo. To me, its just another ass clown aping it up in front of a cheezy hair metal band.

"might as well jump"??

might as well be Winger

seriously. Just look at this and explain to me how this is in any way different than a Winger video????

"EXHIBIT B - "Classic" Van Halen":

Winger

[Edited by Saint Sway]
17th October 2007 07:05 PM
sirmoonie The trained seal quote was mine! Misattributionism.
17th October 2007 09:10 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Parmeda, all the advise you need is already in your signature.

Sway - on a good day, I couldn't agree with you more.

These were given to me by one of our vendors (great seats, too, btw)...and actually, no one in the office wanted them. He couldn't give the damn things away! I felt obligated as he had the saddest look on his face, lol.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Parmeda wrote:

I arrived at the arena psyched for the show. Down a few gin and tonics at the bar across the street and then fought my way to my seat thru the crowd of mullet heads in ripped acid washed jeans.
Show started on time. First the crack head came out wearing the same army pants he wears at every show. I guess he doesnt own any other clothing. But hey at least he got a new pair of sneakers...
which came in handy for those queer little leg scissor kick jumps he does. Where did he learn that gay move?? From watching Poison videos??
Then this fat kid comes out with the bass. I thought it was the roadie maybe?? But I could see the giant acne scars on the big screen and realized it was just some kid. But get this -- the fat kid stayed and played the whole friggin show!! I guess he won some kind of radio contest or something because no band in their right mind would ever have a pre-pubescent kid for the bassist. What a joke! And his background "vocals" were piped in over the house PA. Someone else's singing apparently...
weak. And they piped in synthesizers too. Pathetic! They're playing their biggest hit song "Jump" and the keyboard riff is just artificially piped in over the PA while Eddie hops around pretending to play guitar.
Oh. And the singer. What a tool! This guy was the most flamboyantly gay frontman I've ever seen! He hopped around on giant microphone half the show. The rest of the time he was doing karate moves and fighting some kind of invisible dragon with a sword or something... I dunno.. it was just too goofy for me. Just a joke of a band. I felt like I was watching Spinal Tap so I split. What a waste of an evening! I feel dirty and ashamed for going. I took 3 showers after I got home and could still smell the reak of all the Circle K parking lot doucebag that infested that arena to cheer on that awful 80s nostalgia act. Just terrible.

Ironically...these same thoughts were running through my head as the vendor left and my cohorts where giving me shit!
(I don't think I'll EVER live this down.)

But....

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Go! Let the poo flingers stew in their poo-like juices.

...and

quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Go! Go! Go!- Have a blast- it will be loud! Keep an eye on your doors.

And this guy...

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
You HAVE to go!

(... I don't DARE disappoint my buddy moonie!)

quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Do it for Some Guy

I'm looking forward to being totally entertained by the masses - it will be 'people watching' at its best!

Oh! ...one last question: Which Stones T-shirt should I wear?
17th October 2007 09:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh Pammy...I can't believe you are going....

Oh dear..not all the gin and tonic in the world could make me survive it...Would have to be much higher stakes than that
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)