ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Van HalenThread, PART II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
1st November 2007 06:54 PM
robpop Made in the USA,

1st November 2007 07:08 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

probably eating soup with a plastic spoon and rue'ing away on his dirgibeless band.

moonie you are on fire!!
1st November 2007 07:31 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dude, what would you say if I told you that Van Halen has an indoor arena blimp? Uh huh, I ain't lyin.

indoor arena blimp? wolfie?
1st November 2007 07:39 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

See? You think I would lie about something as serious as a Van Halen blimp?

I wonder where Sway is now........probably eating soup with a plastic spoon and rue'ing away on his dirgibeless band.

dirigible? must be the same prop manufacturer that supplied the stonehenge set for the tap.....
1st November 2007 07:43 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

that you sir, are blowing smoke up my a$$.

there was more smoke in that arena then when the hindenburg went down........
1st November 2007 08:46 PM
The jinn, my friend.

2nd November 2007 04:56 PM
Some Guy Mel??
2nd November 2007 05:18 PM
Mel Belli D.C. last night: First time I've seen the band, so I can't say I "missed" Michael Anthony. Young Wolfgang seemed to hold his own, even on the backup vox. Visually, he sticks out like a chubby thumb, though.

I don't know if I quite got an "earboner," but the band rocks hard. The bros seem like they're both in top form. Eddie was all over the stage and still plays amazingly well. It's easy to take for granted what that guy can do - and I don't take the attitude of that recent "greatest guitar solo" list compiler that finger speed and fusion and all that stuff are easily dismissed.

Roth is a first-class clown, highly entertaining. My one beef is that they're basically a one-dimension act; it's party rock and not much else. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, of course. At least in the Roth era, they never pretended to be anything but.
2nd November 2007 05:26 PM
Some Guy Thanks!
2nd November 2007 07:27 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
D.C. last night: First time I've seen the band, so I can't say I "missed" Michael Anthony. Young Wolfgang seemed to hold his own, even on the backup vox. Visually, he sticks out like a chubby thumb, though.

I don't know if I quite got an "earboner," but the band rocks hard. The bros seem like they're both in top form. Eddie was all over the stage and still plays amazingly well. It's easy to take for granted what that guy can do - and I don't take the attitude of that recent "greatest guitar solo" list compiler that finger speed and fusion and all that stuff are easily dismissed.

Roth is a first-class clown, highly entertaining. My one beef is that they're basically a one-dimension act; it's party rock and not much else. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, of course. At least in the Roth era, they never pretended to be anything but.

quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
D.C. last night: First time I've seen the band, so I can't say I "missed" Michael Anthony. Young Wolfgang seemed to hold his own, even on the backup vox. Visually, he sticks out like a chubby thumb, though.

Nice review Mr. Belli. Besides Wolfie, were there any blimps roaming the arena?
2nd November 2007 08:04 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Nice review Mr. Belli. Besides Wolfie, were there any blimps roaming the arena?

Yup. Blimps flew at the beginning and before the encore.
2nd November 2007 08:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Why would I lie about such a preposterous event? I swear to fucking Falwell, there was a goddam Van Halen indoor blimp buzzing around the arena pre-show. Upon closer inspection, it "may" have been a Timberwolves blimp with a 4' X 4' Van Halen sticker on it, but at least for one magical night in October it was a Van Halen indoor blimp.

Double down donuts, the Black Crowes don't have no indoor blimp. Heh heh - hell fucking no they don't.

THEY GOT A FLOATING BONG
2nd November 2007 09:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Nicely done, Melvin. Described a Van Halen show perfectly.
3rd November 2007 05:01 PM
The jinn, my friend.

3rd November 2007 05:20 PM
The jinn, my friend. Eddie

David

Alex

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
3rd November 2007 10:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:
This is what VH inspires...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is that those Drive by Truckers you kids all like?
4th November 2007 01:11 AM
The jinn, my friend.
4th November 2007 07:36 PM
The jinn, my friend.
5th November 2007 10:28 AM
gypsy Eddie is looking very lean and muscular. I would so totally mount that dude.
5th November 2007 10:51 AM
Some Guy When they were Kings.

[Edited by Some Guy]
6th November 2007 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
When they were Kings.

[Edited by Some Guy]

Thanks Tater ........

Bust a Move .
6th November 2007 03:32 PM
doo doo doo Dude From Valerie Bertinelli's blog on the Jenny Craig Website:

A Different Kind Of Milestone

I wanted to weigh in on something different this week (seeing as I missed my appointment with Kathy.) But for a good reason! My son, Wolfie, performed in his VERY first Van Halen concert ever!!!! So Tom and I jumped on the road with him to provide support and some TLC. Talk bout the jitters. It’s funny…as an emotional eater, I used eat, eat and eat whenever stressed or nervous before Jenny. Wolfie is the complete opposite! He could not eat a thing the day before OR the day of the concert. As his mother, I was so concerned…how as he going to have the stamina to perform without at least getting a little nourishment down him? So his dad, Tom and I went down a list of all his favorite things…anything to tempt him. I would have gotten him an ice cream sundae had I thought it would help!

But you know what he wanted?

JENNY’S SUNSHINE SANDWICH!

Voila! We had stocked his bus with a case of them, thank goodness. (They really are good.) Anyway, he was SO fantastic. The night was magical for all of us. To see my baby up there, in front of thousands of people…I can’t even put into words how proud I was of him that night. And a great reminder that we’re all human…famous or not, we all put one pant leg on at time, we all get nervous about doing a good job, and, yes…we even get cravings for Sunshine Sandwiches
6th November 2007 03:53 PM
Dan

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=169257

Van Halen
Meadowlands Izod Center
East Rutherford, New Jersey
United States of America
November 3, 2007

Notes: I was going to call this one "Meltdown at the Meadowlands," but after I heard the sound quality, not to mention the fact that it is incomplete, I decided to pass on the formalities such as titles, artwork, etc. The show is in the category of forgettable (or unforgettable..depends how you look at things). I guess the high point of the evening's drama was Eddie Van Halen stomping around like a 3-year old because his guitar cable kept getting tangled (as he yanked on it violently)...no wait...it would have to be him screaming..SCREAMING at the tech guys on the side of the stage for the better part of the show...no...the part where he flipped the monitor over, because it was either too loud, or he didn't like what was coming out of it..no...maybe it was when he picked said monitor up and threw it across the stage...NO..I got it..it was when he proceeded to pick up the monitor and throw it OFF the stage. That was it.

I'm not making any of this up.

There were some other noteworthy occurrences..like during one of Ed's fits, where he was switching guitars.."and the Cradle Will Rock" starts..only problem is..Ed is not holding a guitar..but it starts nonetheless, with the swoosing flanged guitar..that's he's not playing..it's pre-recorded..so is the rhythm part..I'm pretty sure it's a keyboard, but I never noticed it, because he was usually playing. This show seemed to measure up to the KC show everyone was talking about..except Dave was great. I gained a newfound respect for him tonight, as he was the consumate professional as his bandmate stomped, sneared and screamed through 90% of the show, during which he paid little attention to his playing, stopping at times, screwing up at others. After the monitor toss, he pretty much threw and swatted at anything and everything in his path.

I feel bad for Wolfie too. I can tell this is all getting to him fast. He looked like he wanted to be ANYWHERE else for pretty much the entire show. At times I caught him staring at Ed with this "what the f*ck??" look on his face. At one point, after one of his meltdowns, I guess Ed realized that yeh..there are like 10,000 people watching this, he tried to do his goofy dancing and jumping pikes, then he goes over to Wolfie's side and picks up a straw cowboy hat, puts it on, then tries to put it on Wolf, only Wolfs backs up, slaps the hat away, then proceeds to kick it off the stage into the crowd.

This thing is unravelling..fast. After the monitor throwing incident, Ed came back up and looked almost possessed. Very sad indeed. Sad for everyone involved. Sad for the fans that shelled out $500 to be in the VIP circle. Actually, it was sad for any fan who shelled out even $1 to see this charade tonight. Saddest of all for the multi-millionaire guitarist whose band is making 1.5 million per show that he can't put everything aside for 2 hours a day, play his music and act like a swell guy.

In any event..here it is. The recording matches the performance. BTW - I'm not on the whole VH-bashing bandwagon either. I'm just really disgusted at the show Ed turned in last night. I considered not going to MSG next week, but figured I might as well, and hopefully go out on a high note.

I also tried some new mics on this one, and was not happy at ALL with the results. I'm going back to my old setup for the next show. Could have been any combo of factors though..sour spot for recording, bad mix, bad mic placement. Who knows. Couldn't have happened at a better show though.
6th November 2007 04:05 PM
Joey " .. but I never noticed it, because he was usually playing. This show seemed to measure up to the KC show everyone was talking about..except Dave was great. "

< ---- What happened at the Sprint Center ?!

Please ...... I's justs got's to's knows !!!!!!

www.SprintCenter.com

6th November 2007 04:48 PM
Some Guy dudes drinking.
6th November 2007 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
dudes drinking.

I like THAT !!!!!

6th November 2007 05:04 PM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
From Valerie Bertinelli's blog on the Jenny Craig Website:

A Different Kind Of Milestone

I wanted to weigh in on something different this week (seeing as I missed my appointment with Kathy.) But for a good reason! My son, Wolfie, performed in his VERY first Van Halen concert ever!!!! So Tom and I jumped on the road with him to provide support and some TLC. Talk bout the jitters. It’s funny…as an emotional eater, I used eat, eat and eat whenever stressed or nervous before Jenny. Wolfie is the complete opposite! He could not eat a thing the day before OR the day of the concert. As his mother, I was so concerned…how as he going to have the stamina to perform without at least getting a little nourishment down him? So his dad, Tom and I went down a list of all his favorite things…anything to tempt him. I would have gotten him an ice cream sundae had I thought it would help!

But you know what he wanted?

JENNY’S SUNSHINE SANDWICH!

Voila! We had stocked his bus with a case of them, thank goodness. (They really are good.) Anyway, he was SO fantastic. The night was magical for all of us. To see my baby up there, in front of thousands of people…I can’t even put into words how proud I was of him that night. And a great reminder that we’re all human…famous or not, we all put one pant leg on at time, we all get nervous about doing a good job, and, yes…we even get cravings for Sunshine Sandwiches

thanks tater.
6th November 2007 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

thanks tater.

Some Guy ........................

What happened to Van Halen at The Sprint Center ?!

I almost attending this K.C. gig and I's needs to know's what happened ?!

Please .............?!

J.
6th November 2007 05:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Some Guy ........................

What happened to Van Halen at The Sprint Center ?!

I almost attending this K.C. gig and I's needs to know's what happened ?!

Please .............?!

J.

supposedly very, very bad show. Fans disappointed, dudes sucked!
6th November 2007 05:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

supposedly very, very bad show. Fans disappointed, dudes sucked!

REALLY ?!

You can bet your Sweet , SWEET Bippy something like that would NEVER happen at the QWEST CENTER

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)