ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Van HalenThread, PART II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
25th October 2007 03:06 PM
Some Guy Sway that was good!
25th October 2007 03:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

How was the crowd, good vibe?

The crowd was forced to come to grips with their whiteism. Only Edward Van Halen could bring them to that.

Oh yeah, I forgot - nice treat beforehand, Kymani Marley's band opened up. Really cool reggae/soul sound - caught my ear immediately because of the singing - Kymani can sing some rowdiness. I am now a Kymani fan, and will buy some. He covered his dad's No Woman, No Cry and Sheriff, but this is not a Jacob Dylan type sitch. Kymani is something else - I thought they were fantastic, and I didn't even know who they were until Roth said it during Van's show. Googled him up the minute I got home.

Looking forward to checking Kymani out.
25th October 2007 03:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The crowd was forced to come to grips with their whiteism. Only Edward Van Halen could bring them to that.

Oh yeah, I forgot - nice treat beforehand, Kymani Marley's band opened up. Really cool reggae/soul sound - caught my ear immediately because of the singing - Kymani can sing some rowdiness. I am now a Kymani fan, and will buy some. He covered his dad's No Woman, No Cry and Sheriff, but this is not a Jacob Dylan type sitch. Kymani is something else - I thought they were fantastic, and I didn't even know who they were until Roth said it during Van's show. Googled him up the minute I got home.

I have been hearing good things about them- were they booed roundly?
25th October 2007 03:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

booed more than larry the cable guy at the apollo?
25th October 2007 03:53 PM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

booed more than larry the cable guy at the apollo?

above the rim.
25th October 2007 03:56 PM
Saint Sway Just how many bands at the top of their wish list said "no thanks" when asked to be the warm up act on this tour before the Promoters had to go scraping around to find an act like Kyeamani Marley??

poor Kemaymnti... he was probably so stoned that he no idea what he had signed up for
25th October 2007 04:16 PM
Some Guy Sway, you could have done better than that. That was beneath you.
25th October 2007 04:36 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

They are good - really good. And no booing. Ignored at first, then got some deserved decent applause towards the end. Kymani thanked Roth quite a bit, and it seemed sincere.
25th October 2007 04:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Sway, you could have done better than that. That was beneath you.

Kemanyi Marley's bandmates relax backstage after the show...

[Edited by Samyani Hagar]

25th October 2007 04:54 PM
pdog no shortage of material from Sway, that's how good they suck!
25th October 2007 04:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

They are good - really good. And no booing. Ignored at first, then got some deserved decent applause towards the end. Kymani thanked Roth quite a bit, and it seemed sincere.

both share a common lineage and shared the sacrament pre-show.
Haile Selassie !!!!
25th October 2007 05:10 PM
Joey " Edward Van Halen is the best rock guitarist I've ever seen or heard. I can't think of anyone except Pete Townshend who gets such a unique, distinctive and broad rock sound out of a guitar. "

Moonie ..... You are much loved by Joey

" And not one half ass mugged Keith type move from Edward (he left that to Roth, who is one of the few who can pull it off) - Edward never even said a flippin' word the whole show, just played and riffed and played some more. And for all the guy has been through and put himself through, he's still always smiling at everyone. Obviously just loves playing, lives for it. "

Well Stated .

" .. because his dance moves have got very pedestrian - shades of Marsha Brady. "

That is " Miracle on ICE Postin' .. ! "

Moof Piss !!!

Joe Sea Scroll ! ™
25th October 2007 05:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mojoman wrote:

both share a common lineage and shared the sacrament pre-show.
Haile Selassie !!!!

Don't lay down mon, when HIM come calling.......
25th October 2007 05:48 PM
Some Guy In honor of moonpickles review I drink a sixer of Coors light in the bottle. Thank You.
25th October 2007 11:11 PM
Lethargy They've got to be better than the opening act.

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

25th October 2007 11:20 PM
Bloozehound Moonies reviews gonna bushwack those Van Hate'n mama-sans like the Khmer Rue-ge
29th October 2007 10:37 AM
Saint Sway Ola Tater!

¿Tiene usted el loco weekend?

29th October 2007 11:09 AM
Some Guy VH opened up tight, and I thought sounding better than in Minneapolis. Tonight I was on Ed's side, out of easy tomato range. Lower level, close in to the stage, but relatively high. Dave in particular sounded on, and he tested his screams early with good results. A few tunes in, and I'm noticing the lack of Dave banter. Hmm. He's not talking to the crowd, not even "Look at all the people here tonight-ah!". Then my wife insists to me that Dave called Eddy an A-hole, she read his lips on the big video screen. Then I realize that a fun part of the show was missing...Dave and Ed did not do a harmonica-guitar duel to introduce a tune. Dave has his harmonica and bullhorn rig out, he blew it once, then announced "Somebody Get Me a Doctor!", and Ed launched into the tune, and Dave got rid of the harmonica rig. I think what happened here is that Ed called an audible, he gave Dave a "Let's not do it" cue, and Dave cursed him for leaving him hanging there
29th October 2007 11:11 AM
Saint Sway even money this thing implodes before the weekend
29th October 2007 11:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
even money this thing implodes before the weekend

Actually , I am quite surprised that the damn thing has not imploded already .

..speaking of ' Implosions ' :

|
|
V

***** END TRANSMISSION *****
29th October 2007 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Moonies reviews gonna bushwack those Van Hate'n mama-sans like the Khmer Rue-ge

Khmer Rue-ge ?!

KHMER RUE-GE ?!

You make young Joey SCARED !!!!!!!
29th October 2007 12:45 PM
Morrisey Hotel I've got a gay crush on Joey.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
30th October 2007 04:33 PM
The jinn, my friend. Wow! Incredible!
Playing it safe and taking a risk at the same time.
Reviewed
BG Jeannie

Fleet Admiral Roth does it again!

30th October 2007 04:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:

wait a sec...

a sailor suit... a lame beatle tune... can anyone confirm if that is actually Roth or just Starbuck???
31st October 2007 11:29 AM
Saint Sway this just in...

On his fifteen-year-old son Wolfgang joining Van Halen:

EVH: “My son Wolfgang plays drums, guitars and bass. This kid is fucking dangerous. If I excel at the speed of sound, he excels at the speed of light. My brother goes, ‘This is the first time I’ve had bass in my headphones.’ He’s only fifteen years old and he’s getting laid. He’s spanking it too.”
HS: “How do you know that?”
EVH: “When you spend 45 minutes in the bathroom you’re not taking a shower. …
31st October 2007 12:33 PM
Saint Sway now I'm not saying that Diamond Dave is gay...

I'm just sayin...

31st October 2007 05:59 PM
Saint Sway Roth? Or Winger??

BILL PERKS + HAIR METAL 4EVER!!

1st November 2007 09:54 AM
Some Guy
1st November 2007 10:32 AM
Some Guy Bon Jovi dealt drugs as a teenager
31/10/2007 - 10:47:18

Jon Bon Jovi worked as a drug dealer to make cash in the days before he became a rock star.

The 'Livin' On A Prayer' singer has revealed he bought and sold drugs in a bid to make "a couple (of) bucks" when he was a struggling teenage wannabe on the mean streets of his native New Jersey.

He tells America's Best Life magazine: "I did the drug thing very young and wised up very young too, because I was into drugs a little too much.

"I was entrepreneurial even then, buying quarter pounds of dope and trying to make a couple (of) bucks."

Bon Jovi admits he was smart enough not to sample his own product - after one test trip left him suffering throughout a whole summer.

He adds: "Did you ever smoke dope that was laced with PCP and then have that whole summer of hallucinations?

"That's why I've never been a drug guy. I've always felt I didn't have the mental stability to handle drugs."

1st November 2007 10:38 AM
The jinn, my friend.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)