ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i am TRULY sorry... Return to archive
11-20-03 05:44 AM
egon For the Turks and Brits.

It's a tragedy what happened today in Istanbul.

we live in a fucked up world.
11-20-03 07:04 AM
TracyGene Very sad and disturbing news.All those innocent people going about their business and the cowards pick them.The news footage I saw was really graphic.A very sad day indeed.
11-20-03 11:08 AM
glencar What's this about?
11-20-03 11:11 AM
glencar Oh my...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,103612,00.html

My deepest sympathies to the Turks & Brits who were hurt & killed today. Rest in peace.
11-20-03 12:09 PM
catwoman Lots of Israelis travel to Turkey. It's awful. Maybe it's just better for us to stay close to home. Perhaps those fucked up terrorists would get out of their "hate mode" if they listened and grooved to some Stones music. I don't think there are any Stones fans in the world who are terrorists and vice versa....
11-20-03 01:22 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
catwoman wrote:
Maybe it's just better for us to stay close to home.

I think that's the point...

you're of European decent, right? Not that I don't think that it's just a smashing idea to have your own religious (questional ethnic) identity desperate grasping everyoneismadforthemeaning-nonmeaningoflife pseudo"home"land Club Med, but some people don't feel that way. Turkey belonged to the Greeks at one time you know...
11-20-03 01:29 PM
nankerphelge Where's jb?

He's not down at the World Trade protest is he??

Of course not, I'm sure he's just dicktating a letter....
11-20-03 01:36 PM
Joey

Personally , I am absolutely LIVID that all of this Michael Jackson junk is pushing " Paris Hilton " off of the front pages .

Time for a new tape !

Come to Joey ..........................

Come to Nanky .........................

Come to Gypsy .........................

Jacko !
11-20-03 02:22 PM
Prodigal Son I don't mean to sound like an aethiest, but sometimes religion can fuck up the world big time. It drives these kinds of wars and terrorism. Like many rock philosophers have stated, ala Hendrix, there should be only one god, one religion to us all-spearheaded by music as well. It's hard to imagine people being so sadistic based on their beliefs but history demonstrates that. It's almost like these terrorists and Islamic fundamentalists have been brainwashed into believing violence is the answer.