ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Meat Loaf Collapses on London Stage (NSC) Return to archive
11-18-03 08:13 PM
Martha 11/18/2003  10:52:02 EST
AP
Meat Loaf Collapses on London Stage

Grammy-winning singer Meat Loaf, who collapsed on stage during a concert, is being treated for exhaustion brought on by a virus, hospital officials said Tuesday.

A spokesman for Mercury, the singer's record company, said a second concert planned for Tuesday night at London's Wembley Arena had been postponed.

Meat Loaf, 52, collapsed Monday on the first sellout date at the venue. A spokesman for North West London Hospitals said the pop star was in Northwick Park Hospital recovering "from exhaustion due to a prolonged viral infection."

"Meat Loaf will be re-evaluated by doctors today and further information about his status will be made available," the spokesman said.

Born Marvin Lee Aday, Meat Loaf made his name with theatrical stage productions and operatic songs, including "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" and "Bat out of Hell."

He won a Grammy Award for "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)." His films include "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Fight Club."
11-18-03 09:54 PM
glencar Wonder if he sells out his shows?
11-19-03 08:35 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh dear, i like him....hope all will be ok.
11-19-03 08:36 AM
Moonisup earthquake?
11-19-03 10:07 AM
scope Meat's a new man. Lost lots of weight and looked like he was taking care of himself.

Glencar - I saw him at Jones Beach this summer. Great show and very few open seats.
11-20-03 12:56 AM
glencar I always liked his first album, Scope. BTW I got the CDs! Thanks. I'll be making copies shortly...