ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did you notice....? Return to archive
11-17-03 03:20 PM
Miss U. ...on 4 Flicks, esp Disc 3 stadium show, almost every time right before Keith would start playing a song, he would put his hand to his heart and hold it there...
What the heck is he doing??? Praying??

I wasn't too into Sheryl Crowe dry-humping Mick from behind...
11-17-03 03:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I haven't seen it. Probably won't for awhile. Keith turns 60 soon....maybe a cholesterol problem. A prayer once in a while may save your life. I'd trust prayer sooner than I'd trust doctors and pharmecutical companies.
11-17-03 04:34 PM
glencar Patti Hansen is born again. Perhaps Keith is somewhat religious.
11-17-03 04:59 PM
gypsy Sheryl Crow 'stalker' arrested

A man suspected of stalking Sheryl Crow has been arrested after he allegedly sneaked into the arena where she was doing a sound check.

After the sound check, 37-year-old Ambrose Kappos apparently followed Crow out of the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan and tried squeezing into her limousine, police said.

Ballroom employees went to the police station around the corner and summoned help.

Police arrested Kappos on charges of burglary, stalking, harassment, aggravated harassment and possession of marijuana.

Kappos' brother, Van Kappos, said his brother was not dangerous.

"I want to apologise, from my whole family and myself, to Sheryl Crow and her family," Van Kappos said.

"We are sorry if my brother caused her any grief. It must be somewhat frightening to the singer and her family. He's infatuated."

11-17-03 05:09 PM
Joey " Known to the tabloids as "Paris the Heiress," Hilton made a name for herself as a party-hopping socialite early in the 21st century. She is the great-granddaughter of hotel magnate Conrad Hilton, granddaughter of Barron Hilton, grand-niece of Nicholas Conrad "Nicky" Hilton (the one-time husband of Elizabeth Taylor) and daughter of real estate magnate Rick Hilton. An occasional model, she also has had a few small film roles, most notably appearing as herself in the hi-fashion satire Zoolander (2001, with Ben Stiller). Her younger sister Nicky is also a well-known socialite.

Extra credit: In 2003 Hilton was chosen to star in a fish-out-of-water "reality" show called The Simple Life. The show is a takeoff on the 1960s sitcom Green Acres, with city girls Hilton and Nicole Richie (daughter of singer Lionel Richie) spending a month on a farm in Altus, Arkansas. The show was filmed in April and May of 2003, and is due for broadcast on Fox in December 2003... By coincidence, the original Green Acres starred Eva Gabor, the sister of Zsa Zsa Gabor, who was married to Nicky's great-grandfather Conrad Hilton... A similar reality-type show of 2003, Rich Girls, starred fashion fortune heiress Ally Hilfiger... Hilton was in the news in November 2003 when a home video of her cavorting with former boyfriend Rick Solomon was published online. Solomon is the estranged husband of actress Shannen Doherty; the tape was reportedly made in 2000, when Solomon was 30 and Hilton was 19.

Other stars of "reality" TV include Jessica Simpson, Ozzy Osbourne, American Idol's Kelly Clarkson and Anna Nicole Smith.

For even more models, see our loop on The Models of Victoria's Secret. "

www.HoweMilitary.com

11-17-03 05:14 PM
glencar Lionel Richie's daughter looks whiter than President Bush's. What up wit' dat?
11-17-03 05:35 PM
SHINE A LIGHT keith puts his hand to his heart as a sign to everyone that his heart is in the music and with the audience.

be thankful he gives us all this sweet gesture!!!
11-18-03 12:37 AM
Child of the Moon I'm going with SHINE A LIGHT on this one... that sounds most like "our Keith."

Of course, I'd appreciate the gesture even more if he didn't proceed to play the same solo every time he does it.
11-18-03 08:38 AM
SHINE A LIGHT thank you, because it's the truth...also he puts his finger to his lips and blows you a kiss (if you're lucky,i was!!!!) and he somtimes does all three:fist to head, heart and balls......to again show the crowd that music is HIS VERY LIFE.
11-18-03 10:31 AM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lionel Richie's daughter looks whiter than President Bush's. What up wit' dat?

because Michael Jackson is the biological father
11-18-03 11:49 AM
Joey
Keith places his hand to his heart in homage to Paris Hilton !

Word to Your Mother !

Jacky !
11-18-03 05:13 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Joey wrote:

Keith places his hand to his heart in homage to Paris Hilton !

well, if 1 movie should get an oscar, it's that one!
11-18-03 05:42 PM
Highwire Rob Shine A Light has it right on. Here's question & answer 21 from www.keithrichards.com

John:
What is the meaning of your fist touching your head, chest, heart and straight out? Is it symbolic for the flow of the music, in you and out to us?

KR:
It's the flow of the energy - your head, heart and balls. Simple as that. (laughs)
[Edited by Highwire Rob]