ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The SS 10 Best of 2003 Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-17-03 03:58 PM
Zeeta Cool fair list mate, but I'd definitely have KOL ABOVE White Stripes! But then I just love dirty Rock and Roll.

The Stripe's album is amazing but that pointless cover of "I don't know what to do with myself" spoils it somewhat for me.
11-18-03 06:24 PM
Nasty Habits Been gone so long it feels like here to me . . .

Anyway, Man Comes Around was definitely a 2002 release -- it was a big X Mas Seller for me last year, but I think that there was a special CD/DVD release or something that came out in 2003 with the Hurt video, so preheps that solves the DI-Lemma.

Stonesy, I am glad you dig Dangerous Magical Noise -- pretty darn good Collinsian take on Glam Rock -- have you heard Ultraglide in Black?

Whatcha think of the Blacktop? Personally, I think Blacktop makes ALL later Mick Collins projects run and hide under the chair like they is scared newborn puppydogs, but that's just me.

Caught Mick Collins/Dirt Bombs at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC over the WFMU record weekend. It was a terrific show, and anyone who loves the White Stripes should check them out for certain, esp. since tickets are generally cheap and they are going to be touring their asses off for the next little while. The Sites are opening for them in some places, and I was surprised at how good they were live considering I don't like their records. Lots of fun in a Small Faces intersecting with Humble Pie kind of a way.

Bowery Ballroom, however, was an amazing venue, and one of the finest clubs I've ever spent a few hours in.
11-18-03 06:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot I love Ultraglide In Black. I think I like Dangerous Magical Noise just a tad...a mere dash really...more.

That Blacktop stuff kicks major booty. I almost didn't realize that Mick was singing at first. Then I read that he recorded the whole album after he shot his voice during rehearsals...and since the other guitar player shot all their money into his arm...there was no time to let his vocal chords heal. I think it worked out for them in the end. The horse, gravel voice fit the mood perfectly. I like all the bonus stuff too. Some of it is so silly...but in a good way.

I am DYING to catch Mick somewhere, I am EXTREMELY jealous. In fact, why the hell did you not jot me off a quick email...I would have driven up to the city for that.
11-18-03 10:57 PM
Nasty Habits I didn't know it was happening until I got into town -- too busy putting together shit to check into what shows were going on. For anyone less than Mick Collins I probably would have skipped it -- most nights after the record con the agenda is eat really good food and smoke a lot of pot so that the whole weird affair can be done again tomorrow.

However, there was a whole NASTY HABITS IS COMING TO NEW YORK thread going on on this very website! What, am I not worth a drive to the city? LOL!

11-18-03 11:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Just Nasty....no...although I prolly woulda let you hire me for the weekend helping out at the conv.

Nasty & SS meet up to hit a Dirtbombs show....oh hell yeah.

There's a big convention coming up at King Of Prussia....you gonna hit that one?
11-19-03 01:40 PM
Nasty Habits You got a link to some info?

Preheps I see what is up. . .
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
11-20-03 08:32 PM
mac_daddy good list, ss

although I have three words for you:

The Mars Volta

Their album "De-Loused in the Comatorium" is a finalist (along with "Elephant") for my pick for album of the year. And as far as live performances, TMV gets the nod, and you know I ani't dissin' the Stripes.

I taped them at All Tomorrow's Parties two weeks ago - an audio CD copy will be included in the next package I send your way. Zeeta - it's coming to you, too.

TMV is f*cking out there, but they absolutely rip!!!

PS - speaking of ATP - have you ever heard Built to Spill? They had one of the best sets that weekend -they sounded awesome. And it was friggin' sweet to see my high school hero playing bass with the Stooges!!! Modest Mouse is pretty good, too - I hadn't heard them before. And yes, I taped them all.
Page: 1 2