ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hidden extras on the DVD? Return to archive
11-14-03 07:26 AM
Steel Wheels I haven't been able to find any other than a clip of Ronnie coming off stage and greeting Jo.
11-14-03 12:32 PM
SHINE A LIGHT it's my understanding that there are hidden things on the 4 flix.how to find them??? i think they are going to give some clues on rs.com
also, look for a small camera in the corners....maybe that's the "code". apparently, the code will be revealed later....after we've all gone nuts!!!!
11-14-03 02:48 PM
Gazza will they charge us another $95 for the privilege of knowing the codes?? I understood the fan club membership was supposed to end when the tour was over.
what about the poor bastards who dont have internet access or who arent rs.com members?
Unbelievable!
11-14-03 03:27 PM
StonesChick I think I read somewhere that on the first DVD, if you go to Fan Club, it gives details and says that you can have free membership with the first purchase of the DVD.

Still, I would prefer knowing what I'm buying up front.
11-14-03 03:31 PM
gimmekeef Hey go ahead and log in with my passcode.I paid for it so have at it....name:gimmekeef;password:sunnypup for use at RS.COM
11-14-03 03:34 PM
Factory Girl thanks, gimmekeef
11-14-03 05:07 PM
LadyJane Just checked out RS.COM. Saw nothing about hidden features. I've dedicated the weekend to Four Flicks. If there are hidden features...I'LL FIND THEM!! And you will all be the first to know!!

LJ.

11-14-03 05:52 PM
Gazza >I think I read somewhere that on the first DVD, if you go to Fan Club, it gives details and says that you can have free membership with the first purchase of the DVD.

bet that only applies in the US as usual!
11-14-03 06:02 PM
StonesChick I don't know about only the US. It's on the DVD #1, under fan club, someone said it says that you get free membership into the fan club. I haven't checked it out personally.
11-14-03 06:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i also am spending the weekend TRYING to get this thing going. i'm not a member of rs.com.......so am i up the creek????

i will keep you all posted on my progress......hopefully!!!
11-14-03 06:36 PM
SHINE A LIGHT OK, WENT TO RS.COM AND FOUND NOTHING....BUT, DOES ANYONE HAVE RONNIE'S FAR EAST MAN??? IF SO, THE CODES ARE USED ON THAT ON AS WELL. AND,OF COURSE, I DON'T HAVE FAR EAST MAN.
11-14-03 07:10 PM
littleredrooster Gazza,
You can see Eric from our group hold up a white tongue placard as Keith returns from the B Stage at Twick DVD!
I think I can see YOU as well!

Use freeze frame slo-mo!
11-14-03 07:18 PM
SHINE A LIGHT 1. play the first dvd.
2. click on to "fan club"
3. they will tell you to put the first dvd into your computer (i did that)
4. this gives you a NEW username & password (if you've already been a member) NOTE: username MUST have letters and numbers....pete4444 for example.
5. now you have 30 days FREE membership in the rs.com fanclub.

so, i thought .....oh, good, i'll use my username/number and they'll give me the codes.

GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
11-15-03 09:59 PM
Mr T I'm not sure the bonus stuff that isn't hidden on there is even worth anything (not including the miscellaneous tour highlights on the first disc that is). I have no interest in hearing them talk though their songs - and choosing the order you'd like to hear them play a handful of songs seems even more useless. Looking at Blondie sitting around backstage isn't any more fun either. Anybody else find the intro tracks to be a ridiculous waste of time?

But aside from the supplements, this DVD is the best $30 I'v ever spent. I wish they didn't cut Shelter & Tumbling Dice on the HBO show though
11-15-03 11:55 PM
BILL PERKS PLENTY OF EXTRAS ON MY DVD AND IT'S THE BEST $30 I EVER SPENT.
11-16-03 07:42 AM
corgi37 i have far east man. i have only watched the 1st 2 songs. Does it get better? Cause i thought it was dreadful. Am i a bad man?
11-16-03 08:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was actually at that gig Corgi and it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. Ronnie was just completely pissed and you couldn't understand what he was saying all night. I would love to see it again, so maybe I will get the DVD. I think Slash appears a few songs in. He was just fucking awsome!

Watch it all the way through. This was maybe the LAST EVER drunken Ronnie gig. It's the side of Ronnie we will never see again.

I think it was about a week after the show that he checked into one of those Rehabilitation clinics.

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
11-20-03 01:19 AM
padre
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
This was maybe the LAST EVER drunken Ronnie gig. It's the side of Ronnie we will never see again.

I truly hope so. I don't need that memory of Ronnie at all. I prefer the sober one.
11-20-03 09:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man I get what your saying Padre. It is certainly great that Ronnie is alcohol free and back to full health, though he does stil smoke like a chimney. It must of been hell for his family and Mick Jagger was fully justifed in pulling him to one side.. There is a notable improoment in his playing, though talk about him been in the best form of his life is bollocks.

Alex
11-20-03 09:34 AM
Hannalee I understand he's given up the fags as well
11-20-03 10:16 AM
Joey " Bet that only applies in the US as usual! "

You make Joey smile .

By the way Gary , I am going to the Brazen Head this weekend ( My favorite band " Acoustic Groove " is playing there both nights ) -- gonna be drinking Premium Guinness straight from Ireland .

Word !

For My Baby : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacko !

11-20-03 11:03 AM
glencar I have Far East Man but haven't watched it yet. I did hear that he was unbelievably wasted. Should be fun when I get to it!
11-20-03 02:30 PM
Monkey Woman Back to the first question: I think a good idea would be if each of us who find a hidden bonus could post it here. (Isn't there a thread about it somewhere?) Anyway, here's my contribution.

I found on disc 1 a bonus segment of Mick talkin about the Wiltern show backstage with Lizzie, while tying his shoelaces. To access it, go to Extras, then Bootleg and choose Play All. It's at the end after the Well Well and Extreme Western Grip tracks.

BTW, Steel Wheels, where did you find the video of Ron and Jo?
11-20-03 03:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man Watch 4 Flicks Hannalee. The guy's got to have at least one vice i suppose.

glencar, Ronnie was just Ronnie, lol, the old Ronnie anyway. You will enjoy it. I would love to see it again.

Alex
11-20-03 03:47 PM
T&A Are Miss You and Saint of Me from Amsterdam somewhere on Disc One? I haven't seen them but have seen tracklisting references to them on some online sites.
11-21-03 09:13 AM
Jumacfly Monkey Woman, the Ron and Jo part is at the end of the olympia show...cute!!
11-21-03 12:08 PM
glencar I'll have to watch the 1st DVD again.