ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Achtung Aussie fans Return to archive
11-20-02 05:45 AM
corgi37 1st off, i am getting veeeeeeeeeeery worried about the Stones coming to Oz. Tickets should 100% be on sale by now for a end of Feb series of shows. This could be 1981-2 all over again. No stadiums available due to the footy season. Christ on a stick, i hope not. But the announcement has been delayed 3 times so far. Anyway, to all my aussie mates who have Foxtel, Sunday the 24th is Stones day on channel 17. Not just for an hour, but all FUCKING day!!!! Oh, lord! I doubt we will see anything sensational, like sneaky clips or unreleased shit, but the ad shows heaps of 76 Euro stuff and some 78 stuff i aint NEVER seen. My video is set for RECORD right now! Umm, is Sergei around?? Can some one get him. Can some one get him to find out what the fuck is happening with the Oz tour. The Stones will sell out, for sure. Many people waiting to see them. Just like last time, they will take over the country. P.S. I normally dont dig yank chicks, Aussie chicks are so much better, but bloody Brooke Burke is so unreal!!! I'd give her a 10 out of 10, but i aint rooted her yet, so i can only give her a 9.5
11-20-02 05:51 AM
gypsymofo60 After being shafted by the Aussie media so often over the years, it wouldn't surprise me. Still in '94 tickets went on sale in November for March, and April shows. I have Optus, so what channel is 17? Is it music max?
11-20-02 06:33 AM
stonedinaustralia [quote]corgi37 wrote:
1st off, i am getting veeeeeeeeeeery worried about the Stones coming to Oz.

> well i'm not worried but it is becoming a drag,man, i'm trying to plan time off work around the thing<

Tickets should 100% be on sale by now for a end of Feb series of shows.

>yes... you'd think so... esp. with xmas coming up from a $ point of view - (in '95 tickets went on sale late nov. for april shows (btw whose stupiid idea was it for them to come here in april)

This could be 1981-2 all over again.

>..or '75, god #@%$@'} damn it!!<

No stadiums available due to the footy season.

>well there's not much footy in feb. is there... i thought feb was a good bet because mick and charlie would be here for the finals of the one day cricket... although england beating sri lanka is no sure thing..that's for sure<

My video is set for RECORD right now!

>corgi, me no have no foxtel - if i send you some tapes can you do me a dub?? - i'll PM you after the 24th if that's ok

11-20-02 06:35 AM
fmk438j yep music max. When exactly would an 'all day' thing start? Sounds very promising. Gotta be something more than decent amongst 6 hours of stuff.

Yeah Sergei's help is expecially needed right now. Can we shine a big 'S' in the sky with spotlights or something?
11-20-02 06:48 AM
stonedinaustralia btw corgi, catchy thread title
11-20-02 10:05 AM
jb Sorry Corgi....
11-20-02 09:05 PM
gypsymofo60 SIA, I'm going around to my brothers on Sunday to record as much of this as possible. If you like I can do a dub or three for ya! If Corgi's busy or misses your post let me know.
11-20-02 09:17 PM
stonedinaustralia gmf60 - i've just had word from gerardo the nyc tree discs are on their way
11-20-02 09:48 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
gmf60 - i've just had word from gerardo the nyc tree discs are on their way

Sweet!.....When I do the Foxtel show, I'll be dubbing more tapes anyway, so I'll keep some for you if you want them, or anybody else who's interested. Great news about NY discs. I need a new house for children, and cds.
11-20-02 10:03 PM
woodywoodpecker To all you Aussies,
I just saw the advert for MusicMax today.Most of it will be
Promo clips I suspect. I have no Idea what time it kicks off. Somethin tell's me it will be Very Early in the Morning running through to Lunchtime, and then repeated all over in the afternoon. I could be wrong but be ready to open those tired little ol eyes and be ready to press the little red button early.If anyone finds out what time it kicks off please let us all know!

The Pecker.
11-21-02 01:01 AM
fmk438j
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
If anyone finds out what time it kicks off please let us all know!

The Pecker.

I just looked at the austar site (http://www.austar.com.au) and it has the stones thing listed at 6am, 12noon, and 6pm. So I'm guessing its a 6 hour thing repeated 3 times?

This was the blurb, if it's true about 'previously unseen footage', it should be great.

"6.00 Rolling Stones 40th Anniversary Special (Music - M)
July 12, 2002 marks the 40th Anniversary of the first Rolling Stones live performance. Tonight we'll feature plenty of Rolling Stones material including live footage, some of their biggest, best clips and previously unseen footage."

Hmmm, who's up for watching it three times over? 18 hours of non-stop stones? Count me in.

11-21-02 03:40 AM
gypsymofo60 Who's up for watchin' it three times? EASY!!!!!!!! if I actually had foxtel rather than Optus. Still I'll watch from 1200 till 1800, what do you think this never before seen footage is? Interesting!