ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop video. Complete details ==> Video inside! Return to archive
11-19-02 07:11 PM
Soldatti Like I think, the Stones not are shown at MTV and VH1 (USA and UK) with frecuency.
But here in Argentina his videos are shown so many times, what I am tired after two month (4 times by day, every new video).
This are the details from the last Stones videos what entered in the Top 20 MTV Argentina.
"Anybody Seen My Baby?" was No. 1 by 8 weeks (record by more weeks at No. 1 to now)
"Saint Of Me" No. 1 by 1 week
"Flip The Switch (live)" No. 4
"Out Of Control (live)" No. 12
"Gimme Shelter (live)" No. 1 by 2 weeks
Mick's "God Gave Me Everything" was No. 1 by 2 weeks
"Visions Of Paradise" No. 6
"Don't Stop" was a hit here in September-October and in ALL the radios (including Teens Radios) hit the Top 40. Was played like 4 times by day in every radio. Now the song is falling by the time.
In Argentina the public of the Stones is very young (from 12 to 60 years). The average is 20 years. In Hip-Hop, here only Emimem is famous and NOBODY knowns Nelly, Ja Rule, Missy Elliot and all this shit what in USA is at the Top of the chart.
Jeniffer Lopez only is known like actress, but his muusic not is played never.
This is the country Stone.

Today "Don't Stop" was shown 5 times in the day and I remember all the video.

THE ROLLING STONES
"Don't Stop"
Forty Licks
Direction: Stylewar

The video begins in a Route with postcards what said "Muddy Waters" among others. At the left the 3 guys are in one Gasoline shop. They are talking about travel for see at the Stones, one guy miss at his girlfriend and other is eating in all the video. They decide make the travel, they put a Rolling Stones cassette in the stereo and "Don't Stop" begins (40 second later what the video start) and all said "Come On!".
The version of "Don't Stop" is more dance and got more rhythm. One tongue (not the tongue of the Stones) with hands said "Good Luck".
They are in a City with Motels, Buildings and trades. One old guy with a carp in the middle of the Street not let him continue. One said "It's All Over Now".
Two of the boys put one ramp in his back and the car jump at the sky and fall at the other side. The two boys jump at the car also and the travel continue.
They are in the middle of the Route and others posters with the faces (in order) of Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie are in one side of the Route.
They stop at one bar club "Satisfaction Club", one of they said "Lets get Out Of Our Heads".
The 3 guys enter at the bar club and some insects (fly, for example) are in the door.
They continue the travel and stop again. One of they said "What Now" and other of the guys is painting the car (he said "Let's Paint It black"). The car is white.
The travel continue, one poster in the Route said "Performance". They are in one city again (L.A. I think) and in one theater said "Ed Sullivan theater". Some posters with the Stones faces and the tongue are in the wall.
They stop and look a map of the travel. One of the guys is still eating. While they look the map one Girl in black said "Let's Spend The Night Together". She kiss at one guy and this fall (in the back while the boy is falling one poster with pictures of the Stones video "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is shown, Brian is in the poster with the classic back glass. Is the first time what I see it at Brian in one video post 1968).
The others two guys said at the girl "We Love You" but she push them.
The 3 guys enters at the coffee bar "Elizabethan Room". One poster is in the Window and said "Street Fight Tonight". The tongue is on it.
They exit from the bar fast with breads or something with hands behind of them. While they are running for excape of the things the video of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is shown in two screens, but only Mick (in one) and Keith (in other) are on it.
They knock down a guy in a wheels chair (the guy is like the devil or something)
They continue with the travel and one machine whit bubbles is running with they at one side. Other poster said "Gimme Shelter". One of the guys start to dance in the car in the part of the song what said "Honey, Honey Don't Stop", he said "It's Only Rock'n Roll". They stop and screens are shown like autocinema with recently performance of "Don't Stop" (at Gillette Stadium?) while all are dancing. This is the best part of the video.
They continue the travel and part of the video "Waiting On A Friend" is shown at the left. In other poster is the coverart of "Some Girls" with a women what indicate at they the final part of the travel. The guy what eat said "She Was Hot". Also part of the "Love Is Strong" video is shown (the part of Keith under the bridge).
Just after of the "Love Is Strong" video one bridge what said "Welcome To Babylon N.Y." apears.
In the sides are the same statues what in the Bridges stage.
They arrive, posters said "Sold Out" but no one people are in the show. The same tongue from the begining apears and said "Don't Stop". The land open at the middle and in the subway are one bridge what said "Route 3" and in this bridge is the concert. The video ends with the guys entering at the bridge and very happy all of them.

This is the "Don't Stop" video. I expect what everbody can see it and makes the own opinions about the video.
Sorry for the English at all.
I expect what everybody understand.
Oh, they are playing the video again but by one day I am tired of him.
11-20-02 02:22 AM
Madafaka Wow! A really nice description! Congratulations.

I agree with you, Argentina is the most Stone country in South America and i'm very proud of that.
I wanna add that the Don't Stop video was shown on CQC (Caiga Quien Caiga) during a section that they call QKRCHS. This is a politician/humor show very famous here.
That was the first time that i saw it and is wonderful!
Thank you for the magic guys!

Keep on rollin' and never fuckin' stop!

11-20-02 05:37 AM
corgi37 For some reason, i didnt lose anything in the translation. If anything, it added to the excitement. If i didnt live in Gods own country, i'd move to Argentina. I mean, no fucking Jlo, no Nelly (maybe he needs stitches instead of a band aid), no rap, Stones fans are around 20 and stones on the radio nearly all day! Shit hot! Top post, i chuckle at some of the phrases, but i guess it truly is proof that music no knows no boundaries.
11-20-02 06:30 AM
parmeda Soldatti...
I appreciate your interpretation of the video. It was very enjoyable to read. Thank you for the insight.
You did well!
11-20-02 08:40 AM
Dandelion* Thank you for the description. Sounds kinda odd though - but at least it's on topic unlike that angry clown thing for Paint it Black. Or was it a dwarf?
11-20-02 09:56 AM
steel driving hammer Parmeda what are doing up so early in the morning?

Hopefully just waking up and not just going to bed!
11-20-02 03:17 PM
parmeda Was that you Steely, around 2AM?

The security fence and attack dog are here for a reason...

(Gotta warn me first that you're comin'...lol!)
11-20-02 03:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The video is available on line, click the image and watch it!

Thanks Erik!!