ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop video premiered in MTV Argentina today! (3 times!) Return to archive
11-19-02 12:52 PM
Soldatti Today at 9:00 AM, 12:20 PM and 02:40 PM, MTV Argentina premiered the Don't Stop video.
Well, for me not is bad but I like see the band, not three guys in a car and cartoons what said DONT STOP!!. The song not is from Forty Licks, is the New Rock mix from the Germany Single (3:29).
I need see it few more times for write a complete review, because 2 times I see it almost at finish.
11-19-02 01:02 PM
Maxlugar The last time The Stones married cartoon footage with live action was during their celebrated Dirty Work period.

Good things coming down the pipe, friends.

GOOD THINGS!

I am visibly shaken with anticipation.....

Stay sober pals!

Maxy
11-19-02 01:07 PM
winter Maxy:

It is well know that you are a big fan of Dirty Work, but you can't honestly say that Harlem Shuffle or its video was a good thing, can you?

winter
11-19-02 01:10 PM
steel driving hammer Winter, Harlem Shuffle it was good at the time.

I was in Military School and having a jolly of a time btw...
11-19-02 01:12 PM
parmeda I was just thinking the same...the Harlem Shuffle was a great dance tune for its time.

Hell, it still is!
11-19-02 01:19 PM
steel driving hammer What we drinking tonight Parmeda? I'm buying!

Ok, So what, the Stones had not one of their best albums in 1983.

So what! Jimminy!

11-19-02 01:29 PM
parmeda Steely...
You aren't that far from me...any given evening you can find me out near my fire-pit with the outdoor stereo blaring, (Stones, of course!...my neighbors LOVE me), kicked back on my swing...life is good, and I'm a happy girl! Stop by...you'd be more than welcome!
11-19-02 01:40 PM
Maxlugar Harlem Shuffle and its accompanying video changed the way a whole generation looked at TV, Video and music. Its reverberations continue to this day. Never before or since have cartoon cats seemed so alive, vibrant, celebratory and violent in one fell swoop. We learned to love again. It was a time when a man could play his Gibson SG shirtless or, if he felt in the mood, with his neon lavender suit jacket with canary yellow slacks and not fear public recriminations. We could take it kinda slow and we had a whole lotta soul. A time when we could hitch hike across the floor and still feel on the cutting edge of all that is cool.

Sometimes I think we've gotten away from all that.

At what point did this country forget how to shake its collective tail feathers, bay-bay?
11-19-02 02:14 PM
winter Maxy:

I know what you mean, both the Stones and Paula Abdul used cartoon cats in their videos around the same time. It truly was a wonderful time for music generally, not just the Stones. Hell, bands like Winger were on top of the world. Boy, I sure do miss those days. I am stipping down now as I type - yes free love does rule!

On a serious note, what kind of amp to you play that SG through. I love the sound of that guitar. The obvious example being Mr. Angus Young - good to see those guys finally getting their do with the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.

Ya Moooooooooooooove it to the left, yeah ya go for yourself,

wintah
11-19-02 02:17 PM
jb Big game tomorrow and ripe for an upset...very concerned...
11-19-02 02:27 PM
Maxlugar Usually I used the second input of my friends Marshall. A smallish amp that was heavy as all living shit. That was kept in the basement with the drums. In this picture I am most likely playing straight into my TEAC reel to reel and using my stereo system. As a result, I have hours upon hours of me just wailing away aimlessly from those days. I used a cry baby wah wah and a fuzz tone to get that nice evil "1983 Maxy sound" the kids are all trying for.

I am kidding when I say Gibson SG though. It is a Guild but sounded like heaven plugged into hell!

<---------- PLAY IT PRETTY FOR ATLANTA, MAXY!

Yeah.

Good times.

Anyone have a guitar for sale in NYC?

I'd be a good parent. I don't drink.

11-19-02 03:04 PM
winter Maxy:

Sorry I can't make out your guitar in your avatar. Anyway, how's the guild. Never played one, pretty much a heavy metal guitar though, is my take - a la Motley Crue.

You've got to step it up and stop playing that thing through a stereo though,

Any bootlegs out of there of Maxy circa '83?

Good luck keeping off the sauce,

wintah

11-19-02 03:05 PM
winter JB:

I assume you mean thursday's canes game -

CANES are gonna Role, what, do you think they are one of these mamsy-pamsy big ten or big twelve teams -

wintah

11-19-02 03:42 PM
jb Your right...It's just that we don't get up for these types of games and Pitt is pretty good.
11-19-02 03:51 PM
winter
JB:

Agreed - but I feel much better about it at home and at night -

Part of the reason that they don't get up for some of the games against lesser teams is that they are on the road. Hell, every time I go to a BC game, I feel like I'm at a high school game. The atmosphere lulls you to sleep. 35,000 fans create bearly a murmur - the result is that it feels more like a scrimmage than a big time college football game.

Knock on wood - Canes will Win BIG

winter