ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling With The Stones rules! Return to archive
11-18-02 12:24 PM
padre If there's anything bad I've ever said about Bill Whineman, I take it all back. Just got Rolling With The Stones (along with 40x20) from Amazon. It's one incredible piece of work! Soooo much stuff I've never seen before plus all the classic shots. I haven't read one bit of it yet, but the first glance through it sure made me 'appy! Without exaggerating at all, if you'd have to own just one Stones book, this would be it. Be sure to have a sock big enough for christmas, this baby's huge!
11-18-02 12:26 PM
jb I thought it was o.k. nothing really knew except phot of jagger punched out by photographer and fact ron got only 500,000 to play in 81..
11-18-02 12:41 PM
Maxlugar It's jam packed with cool new info Josh.

Try reading it sober, like me.

You drunk.

11-18-02 03:38 PM
parmeda Josh! I'm surprised...
This book is truly a work of art with everything it has to offer. The pics alone are worth having it. I am still going through mine with my magnifying glass, lol...
11-18-02 03:43 PM
Maxlugar Josh has always been a sort of fringe Stones lover, Parma-John.

More of a Beatles fan I'd say.

Who other than a Beatles fan, fringe Stones lover would say Bill's book is sort of OK but not so great?

11-18-02 04:01 PM
gypsy I think the book is great, as far as the photos go! I haven't started reading it yet...
11-18-02 06:52 PM
~AzQb
quote:
jb wrote:
I thought it was o.k. nothing really knew except phot of jagger punched out by photographer and fact ron got only 500,000 to play in 81..

jb!

Yer obsession with bread makes me DUblee ~RoTbFl and makes this ~SpJrLsS So Much worse, my friend. Soooooooooooooo, soooooooooooooooooo Sooooooooooooooo much the worse!

Say,how bout caughing up a few g's for HeavyHitter?

That would be fucking LOVeLy.

~

~

11-18-02 09:55 PM
tumblingdice I like the Photo's and some of the info is great but I was dissapointed as I was hoping for a book covering the 70's like Stone Alone covered the 60's. You know the whole story just picking up where Stone Alone left off. I had always heard this is what he was doing so even though I like the book I was dissapointed.
11-18-02 11:24 PM
glencar I just got it as an early birthday gift(it's 11/29 for those thinking about sending gifts) and it seems great so far. Damned heavy though.
11-19-02 01:05 AM
padre I've got the same birthday (11/29)!! And I bought that book for my early birthday present, too!
11-19-02 08:22 AM
FotiniD One too many Sagittarians with the same way of thinking on this board That's good! I got it for my birthday as well, 11/28 Is that crazy or what?

Popular birthday present!
11-19-02 08:31 AM
padre Whoa! This is getting spooky...
11-19-02 08:35 AM
padre And, btw I'm having a party 11/29 with lotsa Stones and even more booze, so if all you Sagittariuses (I'm sure a word like that does not exist!) happen to hang around Helsinki, you're more than welcome join with me and Jack.
11-19-02 10:01 AM
jb The book, to me, was similar to Life on the Road..atleast picture wise...Bill's little quips really revealed very little except for his "creating" the riff for JJF and his constant trashing of keith....and his love for liitle stephen wyman...
11-19-02 10:29 AM
Maxlugar How long have you liked the Beatles more than Bill Wyman?
11-19-02 10:37 AM
padre One reason I prefer Bill's book to Life On The Road, because its photos give more justice to Mick Taylor. Also lots more nice photos of Ian Stewart, Bill himself (of course!) and all the sidemen, the stuff you don't see that often.
Life On The Road seems to put down photowise evrybody (except Brian) who's not in the band at the moment. Pretty often I found Bill cut out of the frame even though he would've been there originally. Same thing with the sidemen.
11-19-02 10:43 AM
jb It's b/c of his hair.
11-19-02 10:43 AM
Maxlugar Bill Wyman is one of the most important literary geniuses of our lifetimes. His books captivate, motivate and always make us celebrate.

Bill Wyman!

Bill Wyman!

YEAH BILL WYMAN!

Maxy - A Sober Man
11-19-02 10:51 AM
padre Funny thing that JJF. Bill says he did the riff.
A programme titled Rolling Stones:40 Licks just came from Finnish TV yesterday. In it Keith and Mick told how they wrote JJF together. They had been writing all night at Keith's house. Suddenly early in the morning they heard some noise behind the window. Keith went look at it: "Aw, it's just Jack the gardener jumping there. Jumping Jack...hm...". Didn't sound very credible to me. Any other stories circulating about the birth of this song?
11-19-02 11:13 AM
Maxlugar That's the way I heard it.

Then Mick added the "Flash" part.

But it took a man named Bill "The Little Wee Hands That Could" Wyman to bring it all together with his monster riff.

Mick and Keith have a funny definition of "writting" when it comes to other band members contributing to songs.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy!
11-19-02 01:59 PM
jb Bill also wrote Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Woman, Sympathy For the Devil, Street Fighting Man, Let it Bleed, Sway, CYHMK, and Angie, just to name a few...
11-19-02 02:23 PM
beer And Bill wrote Elton John's song "Candle in the wind". He wrote it about Tupac.
11-19-02 02:37 PM
jb Yeah, I forgot that one..thanks Beer!