ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The real Rocks Off Collection! Return to archive
11-18-02 01:26 AM
padre Since there seems to be quite a few musicians on this board what would you say about this:
Let's put up a collection of us Rocks Off members playing The Stones! You can dig up an old tape of you alone or with your band or record a brand new take of some Stones classic and send a mp3 of it to the chosen one who'll tree it for all us good people. The sound quality and precision is secondary to The Feel. An offer you can't refuse?
11-18-02 08:06 AM
padre Chickens!
11-18-02 09:21 AM
sonicrock as some knows not much i have a band for 9 years made some records here and there and do covers the stones here and there if you want me i can meke you a collection of our stones songs let me know sr.
11-18-02 09:48 AM
Fiji Joe I absolutely suck, but, would be willing to give this a shot...
11-18-02 11:46 AM
padre I'd rather hear you sucking The Stones than Toto covering them with every note exactly in the right place at the right time. Now THAT would suck ass. It's the feel that counts, man. Just ask Keith.
11-18-02 12:18 PM
SirMuddy You can count me in!...
Just let me know how & where...
it would be nice if we could upload it on the same ftp...
I have a rough version of Brown Sugar...
One of my friend, a great Stones collectors,
even thought it was an early outtakes from Muscle shoals...
So Happy was I to fool him!
also have a cool Wild Horses,
and a Love in Vain in french
11-18-02 12:20 PM
jb I play the Recorder...very proficient
11-18-02 12:47 PM
padre Yeah, the ftp would probably be the easiest thing to do. Not too much burden to one single person. Anybody out there know how to do that?
11-18-02 12:49 PM
Fiji Joe Now, let's get this straight...I know just a few Stones' tunes, can only play chords, there would be no percussion, just me and my guitar and my recording studio consists of my computer and a microphone with some reverb I can throw in with some fancy software...you guys still want me in on this?...You guys sound like professional musicians
11-18-02 01:03 PM
padre What songs can you guys do or have done? It would be cool to do one album as a whole. Like the whole Let It Bleed from Gimme Shelter to YCAGWYW instead of just a bunch of songs from here and there. Gimme Shelter is a bit hard though...The easiest one is probably thier 1st album.
Maybe a selection of tracks from Exile would be a good task? Joe could do I Just Wanna See His Face! ROCKS OFF IN EXILE! The Unholy Trinity doing Rocks Off of course...
11-18-02 05:00 PM
voodoopug Tell me where and I can probably upload some of our songs we do:

Respectable
JJF
Sister Morphine
Sympathy
etc.
11-19-02 10:41 AM
padre Seems like there wouldn't be enough performances from different board members to fill an album? And I don't think it would be the same idea if a couple of guys filled the whole thing...