ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's 2002 halloween outfit! Return to archive
11-17-02 12:14 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I was looking at Jagger's halloween outfit and it reminds me of the mask Alex wore in Clockwork Orange. Jagger was a candidate to play Alex at one time too.
11-18-02 12:26 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Stonesmillenium2001 wrote:
I was looking at Jagger's halloween outfit and it reminds me of the mask Alex wore in Clockwork Orange. Jagger was a candidate to play Alex at one time too.

Correct! On both counts. Actually it seems Jagger had the film rights according to one article I read. Originally those masks were worn by doctors administering to plague victims in Europe. When I was in York(UK), I saw this in the the old dungeon, and wondered where I'd seen it before, Ahhh yeah! A Clockwork Orange.
11-18-02 12:37 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 interesting aspect on the masks.
11-18-02 01:54 AM
FPM C10 I agree - pretty cool little tidbit of knowledge.
It's always struck me as a great "what if" about the Stones and Clockwork Orange. About the time they owned it (I think Andrew optioned it) was when they were doing "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby", and their image was fairly droogish as it was. The riot at Albert Hall, the cross-dressing - they were taking their badboy image to the wall. If they had answered the Beatles' fun but goofy "Help" with "A Clockwork Orange" as a group project, especially if Kubrick was involved, it could've upset the balance of power in rock royalty. It's kind of obvious that Kubrick told Malcolm MacDowell to pretend he was Mick in the movie anyway.

I think basically Andrew saw it as much more cost effective to just option Clockwork Orange from Burgess, SAY they were going to make this brilliant dangerous novel into a movie, get in the papers, have everyone who was paying attention make the connection between Alex and Mick in their heads, accrue the requisite badboy vibe, then let the option expire.

But What If!
11-18-02 02:12 AM
gypsymofo60 As I've said before, Jagger's cred as an actor would have blossomed had he played that part. Ever seen that pic of Oldham and the boys tipping a pram down a hill? Very droogish!
11-18-02 07:00 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 what i don't understand was they were going to cast all the members in the group. i wonder if all the stones would have been drooges? because there are only 4 drooges and they are alex, pete, georgie and dim.
11-18-02 08:49 PM
The Eggman Actually , It was foreseen that the STONES (yes the group) was to play the parts of Clockwork Orange, I read it in UK Mag along time ago.

I found it very ironic that I saw Jagger as Alex in the Halloween show, but then again Mick wouldn't cus' I don't think he'd remember. On a side note Do u guys ever hear George Martin talk about Beatles stuff??...HES CLEAR AS A BELL!...he knows every last detail of what happened during the recordings and he's like 80 something...I mean for instances...John toke a shit , and George coughed once...he still remebers that!...But Jagger?...I remember on the BEING MICK movie , Bono asked about the Stones details to Mick and Mick was "Ya I think I did that, maybe?"

Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but Iam shure it was very interesting
11-18-02 10:01 PM
MrJimmy Thanks for the Clockwork Orange info. I had never heard
any talk about the Sontes and Mick being involved with the movie at all. Its odd because the other day I was reading the back of the NOW lp and Andrews phrasing and slang was reminding me of the Burgess novel. Its almost as if he was writing in the same style and trying to mix in slang terms and invent new ones like Burgess, without copying him outright.
11-19-02 01:46 AM
gypsymofo60 Oldham was apparentely obsessed with the novel to the point that he copied pretty much outright Burgess's style.
11-19-02 01:49 AM
gypsy There was a little blurb about it in last week's "Us Weekly." It just had a pic of Jagger in the mask, and Alex in "A Clockwork Orange." I should have saved it and scanned it.