ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ą Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Leavell Problem. Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-19-02 06:28 AM
RubyFriday Yes,you can say i like it or I donīt.But not to tell them what they have to do better.
11-19-02 07:35 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
Yes,you can say i like it or I donīt.But not to tell them what they have to do better.

I don't think anyone's telling them what they *have* to do better. As Sir Stonesalot constantly reminds us, they're the band, not us. It's their call in the end, no matter what. Mick could leave the stage and let Art Garfunkel, Dave Matthews and Britney Spears do a trio on "Indian Girl" and we'd have to live with it - it's their band, not ours. I don't think that barrs us however from voicing what we *haven't* liked - it's been an amazing tour so far, but there's always room for improvement. Just so long as we know our opinions don't have a minute fraction of a vote in the Stones camp, we're free to gripe.

Especially about Musical Director Leavell. He does great work where his style 'fits in' - I mean, he played with the Black Crowes on Shake Your Money Maker and sounded fine, they gave him an electric organ on Live And Eclectic and he sounds fine (because Mac takes over on the songs he played with Ronnie and/or the Faces) - but that nasty keyboard sound turned up so high, plunkin' away... if you want to do that honky-tonk piano, get a real piano.

Someone in Rip This Joint described Chuck as "A real country gentleman", and I'm sure that's true. Unfortunately, it was in regards to his co-writing of "Back To Zero".

Yeeccccccch.

-tSYX --- What do you think you think I'm thinkin'?
11-19-02 08:52 AM
Jumacfly Well said mike, Chuck the fuck is a great nickname....

hope you re fine, all the best

ju
Page: 1 2