ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman sues reporter with same name... Return to archive
11-16-02 11:39 PM
Angiegirl Bill Wyman is sueing American popjournalist Bill Wyman for the use of the same name. His lawyer Howard Siegel wrote the journalist a letter in which Siegel states that he has to stop using the name unless he can prove that he it is his legal name. The journalist wrote about it saying he thinks it's ridiculous and that in the past 20 years he never had a problem with the Stones about it. He says he should be forcing the ex-Stone to stop using *his* name as he was born in 1961 and Wyman didn't start using it until 1964!

I think our Bill has a inferiority complex and is in severe need of money...

Below is the article in Dutch.

Bill Wyman wil naamgenoot aanpakken

LONDEN - Ex-Rolling Stone Bill Wyman heeft een Amerikaanse journalist met dezelfde naam gedreigd met "juridische stappen" over het gebruik van die naam. Advocaat Howard Siegel van de voormalige Stones-gitarist heeft de Amerikaanse popjournalist een brief geschreven waarin staat dat hij zijn naam alleen nog mag gebruiken als hij kan aantonen dat hij daar op een legale manier aan was gekomen, meldde de BBC zaterdag.

De journalist Bill Wyman heeft in zijn krant, de Atlanta Journal-Constitution, een stuk geschreven over de eis van de advocaat, die hij belachelijk vindt. Hij zei dat hij al twintig jaar popjournalist is en dat hij in al die tijd nog nooit problemen heeft gehad met de Stones.

"De advocaat wilde mij nu heel grootmoedig toestaan dat ik mijn naam mag blijven gebruiken als ik kon bewijzen dat ik er op een legale manier aan ben gekomen en als ik bij al mijn stukken duidelijk zou aangeven dat ik niet dezelfde Bill Wyman ben die lid was van de Rolling Stones."

Eigenlijk zou hij de voormalige Stones-gitarist moeten aanpakken, vindt hij. "Hij is geboren als William George Perks en hij heeft volgens een boek over zijn leven in 1964 zijn naam officieel veranderd in Bill Wyman. Ik ben op 11 januari 1961 geboren. Eigenlijk heb ik een advocaat nodig die eist dat Siegel zijn cliënt laat ophouden met het gebruik van mijn naam."

11-17-02 09:26 AM
Stonesprofessor Ive seen the article in English....it seems more like over-zealous lawyer types to me.....
11-17-02 05:41 PM
Mr T amazing what people will do for money a decade after they quit the Rolling Stones. First write books, now this. Sorry Bill, we love ya, but gotta go with the guy bon in '61!
11-19-02 11:04 AM
Street Fighting Man If it's really the bloke's name than Bill Wyman (ex-Stone, that is) is being pretty petty!
11-19-02 11:19 AM
jb Bill Perks?
11-19-02 11:54 AM
F505 Nobody will try to cut a dash with the name "Bill Wyman" because it's synonymous with dullness, deathly bore and frustration. If my name was Bill Wyman I changed it in Bill Perks!
11-19-02 11:57 AM
jb Who exactly is Bill Perks?
11-19-02 12:00 PM
Moonisup william george perks

a hot boy 66 years old who likes young chicks

used to play in a band called The rolling stones

wrote a few books, likes to bash his old friends

has a wig
11-19-02 12:00 PM
F505 ask bill!!!
11-19-02 12:02 PM
F505 too late moonisup was faster again; but i think he's right!!
11-19-02 12:10 PM
Moonisup whaha indeed F505
11-19-02 12:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Correction: Bill Wyman HAD a whig.....it is now in a very safe place......
11-19-02 12:58 PM
Maxlugar If I were Bill I'd kill him.

Bill Wyman is 1/3 of The Drive.

He is above the law.
11-19-02 02:00 PM
jb So the guy who posts here as Bill Perks is not the same as the writer in Atlanta?