ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡ Saludos de Emilia !
Stones by Ethan Russell, Voodoo Doll with Ethan's by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NYC tree fizzled Return to archive
11-13-02 09:44 AM
dmaitnyc My branch's branch apparently screwed up, so I only received the Roseland show. Could someone please help me with a b+p for either or both the Giants Stadium and MSG shows? I can send the Toronto Palace show as a bonus. Thanks, [email protected]
11-14-02 06:09 PM
Gazza WHY did your branch screw up?? Thats unacceptable. All branches should have received all three shows and theyre obliged to copy all three for EACH person on their part of the tree.

If theyre unable to fulfil their obligations,they should contact the tree organiser
11-14-02 06:55 PM
Child of the Moon I haven't heard anything about my branch in quite a while, so I haven't received anything. Hmmm...
11-14-02 07:18 PM
*ginda I've had good communication with my branch. Thank you kindly, Scope.
11-14-02 09:38 PM
SirMuddy I too have good communication with my branch...
Thanks Livio you rule!
But I already have the 3 shows....
Hope the sound gonna be better!
Anyway....
Let it rock!
11-14-02 10:06 PM
Mickjagger1963 my branch never contacted me, but alas, i got all three recordings off FTP's
11-14-02 10:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot >my branch never contacted me<

YOU are supposed to contact your branch, not vice versa. I made that VERY clear in the instructions for this tree. In fact, I made the statement that if a leaf does not contact his/her branch, that the branch may assume that you no longer wish to participate in the tree. So it's up to you dude, not your branch.

I also made the statement that anyone who had trouble with a branch was to contact me.

I can't help you if I don't know about it.

11-14-02 10:58 PM
Maxmeister [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>my branch never contacted me<

YOU are supposed to contact your branch, not vice versa.

Two of my leaves never contacted me. If they change their mind, I'll be happy to take care of them.
Three of my leaves' pkgs. are on the way. And one other is in the process of sending blanks.
Everyone involved stayed in contact during the process.

Rick
11-14-02 11:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks Rick.

I recently learned that some of the people on this tree are not Rocks Off members. I should have specified that beforehand.

One guy e'd me about how he never heard anything. I e'd him back with "Did you find your name on the structure, and contact your branch?" The dude came back with, and I shit you not, "Oh, I don't know anything about Rocks Off. I just got the sign up info from a friend."

Now, if I was a lesser person, I'd be fucking pissed off. But, of course, I don't mind sharing. But NEXT time, you'll all have to give me your Rocks Off member name. Without it, you don't get on the tree. I'll go through this hassle for Rock's Off members, no one else.

And trust me, it's a hassle.
11-15-02 01:07 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>my branch never contacted me<

YOU are supposed to contact your branch, not vice versa. I made that VERY clear in the instructions for this tree. In fact, I made the statement that if a leaf does not contact his/her branch, that the branch may assume that you no longer wish to participate in the tree. So it's up to you dude, not your branch.

I DID contact my branch... said it would be about ten days before he got copies of the discs. Never heard anything since.
11-15-02 08:24 AM
Factory Girl I contacted my branch and sent my trade first. Give them some new music to listen to-creates good will and fuzzy feelings. I even knitted my branch a sweater and hugged my branch-fucking ROTFL.

Anyway, my branch is THE ONE THE ONLY-Ooops, can't say.
11-15-02 05:49 PM
midnightmagic I am a branch on this tree and my seed never sent my disc.
He said the disc where screwed up, 1 track that was the whole show. Is this true? Can someone help me because I have some guys waiting for their packages, and of course I am too. Thanks

my seeds e-mail [email protected]
11-15-02 07:01 PM
ChrisEditor Last I heard my branch said he never got the discs...I sent him B&P about a month ago..Still patiently waiting because I know it's hard to get things going, etc.
11-15-02 08:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot See the sticky thread above.

And yes, the discs are single tracked. It is the only way I could do it without leaveing track gaps....which I hate. Since they are MY discs, that is the way they are being tree'd. If you don't like it, fix it when you get it.

All the seed branches got discs, so someone is feeding you a line Chris.
11-15-02 08:29 PM
Martha I was privileged to be chosen as a seed for the NYC tree. I was able to burn everything and mail out the packages the 4th of this month and I have all but completed my trade with my 6 branches.

In fact, I just got a package from one of my branches today, and as of now, only need to hear from (or receive the trades from) two of the six to complete things entirely. That is in a timely manner (in my opinion).

Everyone was very kind and helpful and patient with this process and I really appreciated that . I enjoyed working with each of you, and I thank you for your professional attitude throughout this endeavor. I especially appreciated how smoothly everything went. Thanks so much EVERYONE.

I also want to thank Sir Stonesalot for offering to tree his recordings in the first place. I can't imagine how much effort actually goes into that part of the process. I would be a nervous wreck trying to smuggle the equipment in to a venue, not to mention how difficult it would/must be to stand so still in order to get a decent recording (this is where I would blow it entirely)..and too deal with the audience noise??? Yikes!..I just don't have the mental capacity for such shennanigans.

My hat is off to anyone who tries and succeeds at this stage of the process..and I didn't even mention the money involved for being able to get the show taped...oh....ouch!

I TRULY appreciate all that you did SS. Thanks again for your efforts, generosity and hard work and for allowing me to be such an important part of this tree. I'll work for you anytime!

I hope to be bumping into you all again in the rock and roll future!!!!!

It truly is wonderful to be meeting so many of my Stonesicated Kinfolk.

with peace and goodwill,
Martha
11-15-02 11:48 PM
midnightmagic it seems my seed is holding off from sending them because he thought he could fix them well we have been waiting and he can't. If he does not like them then fuck him! We signed up for the tree and we will take what we get-right? this guys e-mail is posted above, If I do not get more response from him then I will need some help- Thanks folks.
11-16-02 12:37 AM
ChrisEditor Ugh...Slightly distressing to know most people came through and people got their shows and some of us didn't.
I'm only out all those blanks and the postage, but to think of all the fine music I've been missing. Oh well.
11-16-02 01:09 AM
scope I completed all copies for my leaves and have an extra set since 1 leaf never did contact me. I'll donate the set to one of you guys here and maybe you could set up your own mini tree. Let me know if you're interested, with a reply here or a PM.

-scope
11-16-02 08:38 AM
MRD8 I was a branch on the tree but I never recieved the discs from the seed so I gave my three leafs copies of the three NYC shows I already had...its hard to manage tree's when new stuff is pouring in daily during the tour...tree's are more made for after the tour is over! Thanks to Marc for trying to set this one up anyway...
11-16-02 09:48 AM
Maxlugar If anyone is waiting for me I'm about half way done.

During the week I'm only able to do about five disks as I go to bed so early.

Today is my wifes baby shower I won't be able to do any. I'll try and finish tomorrow.

Martha I'll have your stuff out Monday. It's done.
11-16-02 10:40 AM
midnightmagic Hey Scope

I may be interested in getting the NYC trio for my leaves. I will give this guy a few more days because he said last night they are on their way. If not i will e-mail you. Thanks.
11-16-02 11:30 AM
Larry Dallas I am a branch and I have not received anything but emails telling me they were being sent to someone who would edit them. I've gotten emails from my leaves basically calling me a liar, but I have nothing to send them. I'll burn them when I get them.
11-16-02 05:38 PM
midnightmagic Good

I am glad I am not the only dumbass who is still waiting!
11-17-02 05:17 AM
stonedinaustralia to all my seeds - who seem to be a very patient lot - god bless 'em - if you weren't aware from a recent post on the topic i still await my master discs but expect to receive them in 7 - 10 days

as soon as they arrive i will notify you

11-17-02 10:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK. Looks like I have the problem localized to the US part that had the seed branch of [email protected].

Here is what I will do. If you are a branch on this part of the USA tree, and have not recv'd any discs within the next 5 days, email me at [email protected]. I'm giving this guy until Friday to get discs out to you. I will send you the discs directly. No B&P, no trades needed.

Fair enough?
11-17-02 10:37 AM
Larry Dallas That's sounds great. I can't wait to hear them and I know there's a few other guys anxious to have them. Thanks for your help.
11-18-02 08:21 AM
midnightmagic Thanks SS
sounds "respectable".
11-18-02 01:04 PM
1stonesfan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And yes, the discs are single tracked. It is the only way I could do it without leaveing track gaps....which I hate. Since they are MY discs, that is the way they are being tree'd. If you don't like it, fix it when you get it.

Actually I think sending out versions of shows in a single track per CD is a GREAT idea. I can't tell you how many shows I have right now from this tour with digital glitches and/or small gaps between each song. And where some folks choose to insert a track marker (3 seconds after a song starts?!? on FEdX field for example) makes these glitches/gaps even more evident.

Make no mistake...I appreciate any/all of the stuff being made available, but single track copies would eliminate these annoyances and allow folks to insert their own markers without gaps where they want them.

And for anyone who's not sure, EAC is the only software in the world you ought to be using for ripping live CDs as it does not insert gaps/glitches between tracks.

My two cents...
11-21-02 10:40 AM
midnightmagic Hello Guys

I received my NYC trio yesterday. The thing is I got it from another source. The seed you assigned me was(is) corrupt. Got nothing from the dude in Houston. Is this guy a joke or what?

Thanks for all your efforts Sir Stones a Lot and thanks Rooster! also PACBELL 1 kicks ass!

11-21-02 11:59 AM
Maxmeister [quote]midnightmagic wrote:
Hello Guys

I received my NYC trio yesterday. The thing is I got it from another source. The seed you assigned me was(is) corrupt. Got nothing from the dude in Houston. Is this guy a joke or what?

As many know, I'm in Houston. But I was a participant in another part of the tree structure. Just wanted to keep the record straight.

Rick