ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
Đ Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie, Townshend and Clapton in "Rainbow Concert'' - 1973 Return to archive
18th November 2006 10:20 PM
Bruno I didnīt know that. Here is a review from http://www.warr.org/clapton.html:

After a couple years of hiding in his house, snorting heroin, and very occasionally cutting sessions for his friends' albums, Clapton was finally roused by Pete Townshend to put on a benefit concert. There are too many cooks stirring the pot, however, and the sound suffers: Rick Grech on bass, Jim Capaldi on drums, Rebop on percussion, Steve Winwood on organ (all borrowed from Traffic), a second drummer (Jimmy Karstein), and then Townshend, Clapton, and Ron Wood all joining in on guitar. The originals of such hits as "Badge" and "Presence Of The Lord" are similar but better, and the only unusual selections are a Traffic number ("Pearly Queen") and the Dominos' old A-side "Roll It Over." Those who want to hear Clapton in concert would do better to start with the live Dominos album. However, the completely redone 1995 CD version not only has enough bonus tracks to double the album, but makes it clear what the extra players are for: on tracks like "Layla," Winwood's piano and Wood's slide guitar create more depth than you'll find on any other live Clapton or Cream record. Plus the improved mix shows that it's Wood and Townshend, not Clapton, who respectively hold down much of the lead and rhythm work ("Bell Bottom Blues"). All of the new titles are Clapton standards from Eric Clapton ("Let It Rain") and Layla, except, of course, yet another version of "Crossroads." My rating is based on the long version; subtract a full star for the original. Recorded by Glyn Johns. (JA)

Anybody heard it? It must be great stuff...
18th November 2006 10:24 PM
Drewby I bought the CD in 6th grade. I thought it was great. I have since lost it and I need to purchase a new one.
18th November 2006 10:29 PM
lotsajizz I inherited the vinyl in sixth grade...scratched it to hell by high school...never replaced it....still see no reason to

18th November 2006 10:33 PM
Bruno Can you distinguish Ronnie in the sound?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)