ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little Help Needed (SC) Return to archive
17th November 2006 05:06 PM
voodoopug I am trying to remember where the version of Memo From Turner with the slide guitar comes from....I want to add it to the ipod, but forgot where it was, I thought it was Metamorphisis, but I then remembered it was the other version.....can anyone help or email it to me?
17th November 2006 05:09 PM
nanatod Performance? Heck, just listen to XRT. They seem to play it more than any other Stones material.
17th November 2006 05:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Performance? Heck, just listen to XRT. They seem to play it more than any other Stones material.

I agree...but sadly, that doesnt put it on my IPOD. I enjoy listening to that song while I am doing my Squat Thrusts.
17th November 2006 05:15 PM
Dan I actually heard it on the radio last night. Don't remember what version though. Also saw Rich Robinson do it once.
17th November 2006 05:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I am trying to remember where the version of Memo From Turner with the slide guitar comes from....I want to add it to the ipod, but forgot where it was, I thought it was Metamorphisis, but I then remembered it was the other version.....can anyone help or email it to me?

It's on the Performance soundtrack for sure (version from Goodfellas). It took me quite awhile to track it down back in the day. Also, I always asumed it was on the Singles Collection-The London Years (don't have), but since I got Metamorphis, I kind of doubt it.

I just spent the last ten minutes looking for my Performance CD and of course I can't find it, but I beleive that track is credited to Jagger only and can't remember if the rest of the Stones even played on it.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
17th November 2006 06:26 PM
WJ
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

It's on the Performance soundtrack for sure (version from Goodfellas). It took me quite awhile to track it down back in the day. Also, I always asumed it was on the Singles Collection-The London Years (don't have), but since I got Metamorphis, I kind of doubt it.

I just spent the last ten minutes looking for my Performance CD and of course I can't find it, but I beleive that track is credited to Jagger only and can't remember if the rest of the Stones even played on it.
[Edited by TampabayStone]

I found my Performance CD. The song states it's composed by Mick and Keith and is heard courtesy of London Records. All songs are arranged and produced by Jack Nitzsche.
17th November 2006 06:44 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
WJ wrote:

I found my Performance CD. The song states it's composed by Mick and Keith and is heard courtesy of London Records. All songs are arranged and produced by Jack Nitzsche.

I knew it was a Jagger/Richards composition, but if I remember correctly (must have read it somewhere else) only Jagger performed on this version. Some help please.
17th November 2006 07:56 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I knew it was a Jagger/Richards composition, but if I remember correctly (must have read it somewhere else) only Jagger performed on this version. Some help please.

Not sure, but I think it's Ry Cooder on slide on the Performance version.
17th November 2006 10:01 PM
Jumacfly I m not sure but IMHO it's Ry Cooder too on the singles collection??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)