ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice Cooper to release his memoirs Return to archive
17th November 2006 08:23 AM
Homercles Got this info off hardradio.com

"ALICE COOPER has just sold his memoirs to Random House's Crown Books imprint for a reported $500,000. The book, Alice Cooper, Golf Monster: My 12 Steps To Becoming A Golf Addict, is billed as a candid look at his 35-year career, his drinking and his recovery, which was helped along by a new addiction to golf. "He traded one addiction for another," said literary agent Scott Waxman, who sold the book in a pre-emptive deal to Luke Dempsey at Crown."

Alice's memoirs - I can't wait for this one. At the end of his autobiography Me Alice he promised he would write a sequel 10 years later which he never did, hopefully this will fill in the gaps. Long live the Coop
17th November 2006 11:33 AM
Dan Anyone ever read "I Alice?" I have never been able to find it.
17th November 2006 01:16 PM
Chuck Back in the early 70's, Alice was "dating" the daughter of my dad's best friend while he was in town to do a show. My dad's friend took him to play golf at the local country club. A week later he received a letter from the club informing him that his membership status was "under review". Apparently, some of the members were furious that he invited a long-haired "degenerate" rock star into their shitty little club. They eventually let him stay as a member, but he quit in disgust anyway.

Fast forward to 1988. Alice was in my town (not the same town as above) to collaborate with a local songwriter for an upcoming album, and he stopped by the golf course, where I worked, to play a few rounds. The old fogeys at the pro-shop didn't know who he was, and they turned him away because he wasn't a member. He went over to the town's public course (sand greens--lol!) and the greenskeeper called our boss and explained the situation---i.e., he was a millionaire rock star who happened to be a scratch golfer (i.e., 0 handicap). They apologized to him, and let him play free for a whole week. We just happened to be edging bunkers that week, so he played through us every day. We'd take a break and watch him play. He was damned good, and a complete gentleman to boot.
18th November 2006 12:32 AM
Homercles
quote:
Dan wrote:
Anyone ever read "I Alice?" I have never been able to find it.

It's called 'Me Alice' and is a very rare book these days. Fortunately I have an electronic copy which I have uploaded to sendspace for you to download. Here is the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bmse7m

Oh BTW Alice now denies the 'donut story' ever really happened - you'll know what I'm talking about when you come across it in the first couple of chapters.

I'll also later upload the 'Billion Dollar Babies' book which was written by a guy called Bob Greene who was given permission by the Alice Cooper group to go on the road with them during their 1973 Billion Dollar Babies tour.

Enjoy
18th November 2006 12:35 AM
Homercles Here's the download link for the Billion Dollar Babies biography.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/grcn2p
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)