ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Photo Goes For Big Bucks Return to archive
14th November 2006 09:07 PM
GotToRollMe £35,000 for snap of an old Stone

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=416316&in_page_id=1773&ito=1490

A photograph of Keith Richards is expected to make up to £35,000 when it goes under the hammer today.

The portrait of the Rolling Stones guitarist was taken by German fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh for GQ magazine in 1999.

Also among the lots at the Christie's auction is a Lindbergh picture of supermodels Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz and Christy Turlington, which is expected to fetch £30,000.

The picture appeared on the front cover of Vogue in 1990 to accompany an article in which Evangelista announced that she did not "wake up for less than $10,000 a day".

The Rolling Stones also feature in the sale with a group shot alongside a model called Nicol, taken early in their career by Norman Parkinson.

The picture, taken for Queen magazine in 1963, is expected to make £3,000. More than 130 fashion, film and music photographs are in the sale, including a Lindbergh picture of Kate Moss taken for Harpers Bazaar in 1994 when she was dating Johnny Depp, which is expected to sell for at least £15,000.

Other highlights include a David Bailey nude of film director Roman Polanski and his heavily pregnant wife Sharon Tate taken shortly before she was murdered by fol lowers of Charles Manson in August 1966. It has an upper estimate of £6,000.

The top lot is a rare platinum print by Robert Mapplethorpe of a calla lily, expected to sell for £80,000.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
14th November 2006 09:41 PM
mrhipfl not that good of a picture. Not even superblow material. I'll give 'em $3.50 for it.
14th November 2006 10:22 PM
oldkr that is one of the greatest shoots keiths done perhaps since NME 95-- someone please post the GQ shoot

OLDKR
15th November 2006 12:49 AM
WattsStones OldKr,

Do you refer to the July 8, 1995 NME B/W cover shot of our man, Keith Richards?

The following text, at the lower left-hand corner, completes the picture

Monster of Rock!
Keith Richards
The creature from the Jack lagoon

"My effect's affecting me,"

Keith Richards 1993

15th November 2006 03:07 AM
FotiniD I disagree mrhipfl - that IS Superblow material. The whole GQ photo shoot as a matter of fact. He looks happy, full of energy and kind of Indian-like Yes sir, I like it!

Browneyedgirll on Shidoobee posted an AMAZING link with superb Stones photos of Peter Lindbergh!!! Don't miss this:

http://www.camerawork.de/photographen_detail.php?id=115
[Edited by FotiniD]
15th November 2006 04:50 AM
corgi37 Sharon Tate was murdered in 1969, not 1966.
15th November 2006 11:50 AM
GotToRollMe [quote]oldkr wrote:
that is one of the greatest shoots keiths done perhaps since NME 95-- someone please post the GQ shoot

OLDKR
[/quote

Here are the pics from the shoot, OldKR. Unfortunately, I could only get them in small size, except for one, but it's a good one!

And...

Told ya it was a good one.

By the way, that last one was posted here some time ago by Keefkid (credit where credit is due).

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
15th November 2006 12:31 PM
TampabayStone Wow! Great pics!
15th November 2006 01:10 PM
Saint Sway luv the one of him laughing & smoking

the one with him standing with the ju ju stick his wild

but my fav is the one of him leering behind the corner
15th November 2006 01:58 PM
Cocaine Eyes I like the coat. Looks "as wicked as it seems".
15th November 2006 03:45 PM
jostorm Wow, those are truly lovely pictures of Keith, thanks so much for posting them, GTRM!!!

Have a blast in AC, looking forward to the thread....
15th November 2006 03:48 PM
jostorm MY favourite one is the close-up shot of his belly and hips, I think I have a thing about men's taut bellies....
15th November 2006 03:56 PM
jb I don't like to brag about money, but this was something I could have purchased if I really wanted to.
[Edited by jb]
15th November 2006 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't like to brag about money, but this was something I could have purchased if I really wanted to.
[Edited by jb]

The Bar Mitzvah and new car will seriously deplete your funds!!
15th November 2006 04:03 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Bar Mitzvah and new car will seriously deplete your funds!!

Stock market way up, and maybe time to take some profits. I don't like to talk about money, but it has been a very good year!!!
15th November 2006 04:16 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

Stock market way up, and maybe time to take some profits. I don't like to talk about money, but it has been a very good year!!!

BUY YOURSELF A CLUE WHILE YOUR AT IT!
15th November 2006 04:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BUY YOURSELF A CLUE WHILE YOUR AT IT!

how are your pugs?
16th November 2006 03:37 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't like to brag about money, but this was something I could have purchased if I really wanted to.

Haha, my birthday approaches JB!
16th November 2006 09:12 AM
glencar I'm not one who usually cuts things out of magazines but back around 1995 or so, Entertainment Weekly in their annual photo issue had a full page shot of Keith in that Indian mode. I will start entertaining offers if anyone would like this shot but Joshy gets first call!
16th November 2006 05:18 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not one who usually cuts things out of magazines but back around 1995 or so, Entertainment Weekly in their annual photo issue had a full page shot of Keith in that Indian mode. I will start entertaining offers if anyone would like this shot but Joshy gets first call!

$1.29 ... and a handjob~
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)